koy1991's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
FTalk Level: zero
shutterfreak
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
DVO, PHL
2020-05-01

Malaysia sends Filipina to death row for drug trafficking

MANILA, Philippines -- A Malaysian high court today sentenced a Filipina to death after finding her guilty of trafficking more than one kilo of cocaine, the office of Vice President Jejomar Binay said Tuesday. Malaysian high court Judge Datuk Mohd Sofian Abdul Razak handed the death sentence to Eliza San Gabriel Resurreccion, 45, who was caught with 1.126 kg of cocaine in her bag of clothes at Pudu Raya bus station in Kuala Lumpur on August 28, 2009. Judge Mohd Sofian said the defense failed to raise reasonable doubt in the case as it simply denied the charges. He said he had no option but to hand her the capital punishment. Resurreccion, who has been in detention for the past three years since her arrest, stood in shock and covered her face with a white towel when the interpreter explained the court’s decision. The prosecution led by Deputy Public Prosecutor Lokman Kassim presented nine witnesses to stand for the prosecution. Private solicitor N. Subramanyam represented the accused. In a related development, Vice President Jejomar Binay, the Presidential Adviser for OFW Concerns who was in Malaysia to speak at the Philippines-Malaysia Investment Partnership Forum today, instructed Philippine Ambassador to Malaysia Ed Malaya to immediately extend all assistance to Resurreccion. Malaya assured the Vice President that his office will assist the convicted Filipina in filing her appeal before the proper court. “I ask everyone to pray for her, and I appeal once again to our kababayans to be more prudent if asked by strangers to carry their luggage,” Binay said. Source: [spoiler][url=http://www.interaksyon.com/article/33259/malaysia-sends-filipina-to-death-row-for-drug-trafficking][/url][/spoiler]

sj0405[?] likes this topic.

Daniera_cHan122
 Dane
Daniera_cHan122's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
2021-02-16
Website

Re: Malaysia sends Filipina to death row for drug trafficking

[quote=koy1991;#122428;1338290917]“I ask everyone to pray for her, and I appeal once again to our kababayans to be more prudent if asked by strangers to carry their luggage,” Binay said.[/quote] Oh dear :no2:
mrjpc07
 Hyper !
mrjpc07's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
Topic InitiatorFTalkers ♥♥ Me!

That's a very sad news for us, Pinoys. The decision is not on our hands... :(
koy1991
 Natsu
koy1991's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
shutterfreak
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
DVO, PHL
2020-05-01

[quote=mrjpc07;#123626;1338331386]That's a very sad news for us, Pinoys. The decision is not on our hands...[/quote] She committed a crime and let's respect the decision of the Malaysian Court. Our officials should not "baby" those Filipinos who have committed crimes like that. At the first place, they know it is wrong, yet still do it. Families of the convicted will complain and appeal to the government of the Philippines to ask for assistance. And if they couldn't do anything about the case, they will blame the government. WTF! it's the person who did the crime should be blame not the government. What would the other nation look upon us? Giving TLC to those criminals? :yes2:

Last edited by koy1991 (2012-05-29 19:27:33)

Zyrdred
Zyrdred's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
New world, old ways
Lagendia
2012-12-14

Great :( Another death sentenced to one of out fellow pinoys in other countries =(
  • News and Gossip 
  • » Malaysia sends Filipina to death row for drug trafficking

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 16:19

[ 10 queries - 0.030 second ]
Privacy Policy