Announcement

We are moving to Friendster.click

Join us: www.friendster.click/join-friendster

We're also on discord.

discord.gg/8Q2UqfWC9r

• News and Gossip 
  • » Indonesian man sentenced to 30 months in prison for making FB athiest comments

Indonesian man sentenced to 30 months in prison for making FB athiest comments

bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalk Level: zero
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

Indonesian man sentenced to 30 months in prison for making FB athiest comments

Alexander Aan was charged with "inciting religious hatred" that led to his own beating. Given that the phenomenon of Facebook and social media are relatively new, it's somewhat excusable for courts of law to be unsure how to proceed with regard to matters involving human interaction on the site. That said, there are few supporting an Indonesian court's latest act: A 30-year-old man was sentenced to 30 months of prison and a $10,600 fine for posting pro-atheist and anti-Islam comments on Facebook. Alexander Aan was charged with posting cartoons of the prophet Mohammed to an atheist Facebook group and for making statements including, "If God exists, then why do bad things happen?" The comments Aan made wound up inciting an angry mob to seek him out and severely beat him. Aan was arrested by police for his own protection. Since then, Aan has been charged and convincted of "disseminating information aimed at inciting religious hatred or hostility." Amnesty International is calling for Aan's release, branding his conviction "a serious setback for freedom of expression in Indonesia, and [a violation of] Indonesia's obligations under international law."

Tricia[?] likes this topic.

velle
velle's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
Error 404
2016-06-11
Website

Re: Indonesian man sentenced to 30 months in prison for making FB athiest comments

:swt:
Tricia
 π
Tricia's display avatar
» FTalkElite
Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
2019-08-14
Website

Re: Indonesian man sentenced to 30 months in prison for making FB athiest comments

The man was in doubt and happens to be both good and bad doubt. And because of his exercise of free expression and the freedom to profess his religious beliefs, he was beaten and physically maltreated by a bunch of rowdy, idiotic and fanatical hoodlums. Is the guy a militant? He is actually better than the Muslim Terrorists. wtf

Mao: "Unless the problem of method is solved, talk about the task is useless."
JaChriz
 Ja-Chriz
JaChriz's display avatar
» FTalkElite
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!ConversationalistFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
I aM uNiqUe ♥
Taiwan
2017-12-03
Website

:facepalm: oh oh
Daniera_cHan122
 Dane
Daniera_cHan122's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
2021-02-16
Website

You're posting and sharing all these religious stuff on facebook and you can't even treat someone right if they believe in something different?
Darryl
 Darryl
Darryl's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Cebuuuuuuuuu!
2013-11-22

That's simply what he thinks and believes in and sending him to prison wouldn't do anything at all. Will it change his views towards the Islam faith if put to jail? NO.
bramzero
bramzero's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Purgatory
Website

Indonesian government is weak in every level. :lol2:
Jhncys
Jhncys's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
2014-03-22

Lolololol. The actions of these indonesians contradicts their beliefs. :lol3:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

I think we can all agree being sent to prison for posting his beliefs is too much :yes: but for being [b]'charged with posting cartoons of the prophet Mohammed'[/b] many Islamic countries would put him to death :mg:

Last edited by bobcbar (2012-06-17 04:49:40)

Natsume
Natsume's display avatar
» FTalkAgent
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!
Optimum Pride
Team Savage
2021-12-17

30 months of prison and a $10,600 fine ? oh wow, what kind of government is that. lol Maybe [i]Alexander Aan[/i] is very annoying for posting what he really believes, but i think it's not right for the government to arrest that person. He has a freedom anyway. And it's just a social networking site. There's a lot of members who's doing that also and much worst than that. like for example they say 'i hate Jesus' , 'i hate God' and so on... The Indonesian government should just report the issue to [i]facebook[/i] management instead of arresting him ( since the fb is concern for all the users ) I don't know if there is a Republic Act about posting some Religious Beliefs in FB. lol
Tricia
 π
Tricia's display avatar
» FTalkElite
Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
2019-08-14
Website

All i know is the founder of Facebook is an Atheist. [hr] Indonesia said they are moderate and secular but wth

Mao: "Unless the problem of method is solved, talk about the task is useless."
Cklarck
Cklarck's display avatar
» FTalkAddict
Nightosphere
2021-06-21

[quote=bramzero;#174566;1339861418]Indonesian government is weak in every level.[/quote] so you hate indonesian government or just don't give a damn? :lol: poor guy... :lol3:
jechel.eonni
 Eonni Chel~yah ! ;)
jechel.eonni's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
nan nappeun gijibae ;)
Rated SPG
Cebu, Philippines
2015-05-08
Website

ohhhhh noooooo :facepalm:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=Tricia;#176394;1339921923]Indonesia said they are moderate and secular but wth[/quote] That's a big BUT when it comes to what you say or do against the majority...life is not always fair and in this guys case he really should have know it would bring nothing but trouble for him :yes:
bianx
 Megumi Kairi
bianx's display avatar
» FTalkAgent
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Refresh~
house

why is that? So in indonesia.. Cybercrime law is existing? or this is a special case because it tackles religion? oh well.. I hope that would never happen in my country

Last edited by bianx (2014-03-20 23:26:46)

chaw
» FTalkElite
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins

[quote=bobcbar;#173041;1339829055]"If God exists, then why do bad things happen?"[/quote] This is a very common question lol I'm not an atheist but I know atheism is a religion, they have their own sets of prophets, preachers, followers, etc. But this is sad because they don't have any form of religious freedom. We're all lucky to be in a country where freedom of speech exists and we're not punished/put to death whenever we try to stand up for what we believe in. :yes:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

What the heck, i just wrote a similar question in 'What is your religion?' thread hahahahahaha. Please do not come looking for me then beat me severely. :lol2::lol2:
  • News and Gossip 
  • » Indonesian man sentenced to 30 months in prison for making FB athiest comments

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 21:25

[ 9 queries - 0.031 second ]
Privacy Policy