Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalk Level: zero
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

Microsoft tackles iPad with Surface tablet

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp introduced its own line of tablet computers on Monday at a much-hyped press event in Los Angeles, marking a major strategic shift for the software giant as it struggles to compete with Apple Inc and re-invent its aging Windows franchise. The new tablet line, named Surface, includes a consumer device aimed directly at the Apple iPad, and another, larger machine designed to compete with lightweight laptops. Both include a keyboard that doubles as a cover, and both will be powered by versions of the new Windows 8 operating system. The move breaks with Microsoft's operating model of the past 37 years, which has relied on computer manufacturers to make and market machines running Windows. It could throw the world's largest software company into direct competition with its closest hardware partners such as Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Hewlett-Packard Co. However, the success of Apple in recent years has underscored the benefits of an integrated approach to hardware and software, and Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said on Monday that the company "didn't want to leave anything uncovered" as it rolled out Windows 8. The new software is the biggest overhaul of Windows in years, and features a new touch-friendly interface dubbed "Metro". It is scheduled to be available for the Christmas shopping season. The lighter, thinner version of the Surface tablet, built on an Nvidia Corp chip designed by ARM Holdings, will be the first to market at the same time as the general release of Windows 8, and will feature Microsoft's popular Office suite of applications. It is comparable to Apple's new iPad, heavier but slightly thinner. It has a 10.6 inch screen and comes in 32GB and 64GB memory sizes. [url=http://news.yahoo.com/microsoft-announces-surface-tablet-002108891--finance.html/]Source[/url]

sj0405[?] likes this topic.

Daniera_cHan122
 Dane
Daniera_cHan122's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
2021-02-16
Website

Re: Microsoft tackles iPad with Surface tablet

Tablet + Win. 8 = Awesome!
sj0405
 정아라
sj0405's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
Life's too short to waste
Rated SPG
Seoul, Korea
2016-07-17

Love it but mine is still new :eh2:
cleanupkid
cleanupkid's display avatar
» FTalker
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
2016-05-09

Microsoft is starting to rise once again. Can't wait to see how this war goes :lol3:
meg
 Xy
meg's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter
Fitz
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
Providence
Website

If you guise happen to buy one or try this one in the store do tell me if it's any good :lol:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

This is one thing from Microsoft I might consider buying..I like the idea of the folding keyboard and pen being attached.

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 21:32

[ 9 queries - 0.030 second ]
Privacy Policy