» SuperFTalker
FTalk Level: zero
Everyone ♥♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
Life's too short to waste
Rated SPG
Seoul, Korea
2016-07-17

Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes divorcing after five years of marriage

"Rock of Ages" star Tom Cruise and his wife Katie Holmes are divorcing after five years of marriage, Fox News Channel confirms. "This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family," Holmes' attorney Jonathan Wolfe said. "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest." A rep for Cruise issued a statement saying that Holmes filed the divorce papers. "Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children. Please allow them their privacy to work this out," Amanda Lundberg said. The news of the divorce was first reported by People magazine. The couple has a 6-year-old daughter, Suri Cruise. Cruise, 49, and Holmes, 33, were married at an Italian castle in the fall of 2006 after a whirlwind romance that garnered major headlines for both stars. Cruise was widely mocked and panned for an appearance on the "Oprah Winfrey Show," where he jumped on a couch while emphatically declaring his love for the former "Dawson's Creek" actress in 2005. "I can't be cool. I can't be laid-back," Cruise told Winfrey at the time. "Something happened and I want to celebrate it." The couple's relationship continued to be a major source of public fascination over the next few years. After dating for just a few months, Cruise reportedly proposed to Holmes on top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Holmes often gushed about her husband, saying she dreamed of marrying him since she was a young girl. But the seemingly fairytale romance was also plagued by reports that their marriage was a sham. Holmes often appeared on tabloid covers being portrayed as a victim or prisoner of the relationship. Holmes' conversion from Catholicism to Scientology also dominated headlines, as did young Suri's penchant for high heels and Starbucks. This was Cruise’s third marriage. He was previously married to Nicole Kidman, with whom he has two children, and Mimi Rogers. It was the first marriage for Holmes. [url=http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/06/29/tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorcing-after-five-years-marriage-report-says/?intcmp=features#ixzz1zEYA79zc]source[/url]
A I C H
 VDN
A I C H's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!
Yah.
Rated SPG

Re: Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes divorcing after five years of marriage

No way. :O
Jhncys
Jhncys's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
2014-03-22

^ Yes way. It's so sad. :no2: But Tom still got me so no worries. :lol3::lol3:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

Why does anyone really care :wallbash: divorce in Hollywood is so so common :yes:
Daniera_cHan122
 Dane
Daniera_cHan122's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
2021-02-16
Website

[quote=bobcbar;#203023;1341032588]Why does anyone really care divorce in Hollywood is so so common[/quote] :thumbsup:
Aiashine
 Aiashine Shin
Aiashine's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
The Scandalers
PH

[quote=bobcbar;#203023;1341032588]Why does anyone really care divorce in Hollywood is so so common[/quote] ily sir bob :thumbsup::lol2:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=bobcbar;#203023;1341032588]Why does anyone really care :wallbash: divorce in Hollywood is so so common :yes:[/quote] This is news for me tho. Hahaha. I like hearing about stuffs like this. I didn't think they were a good match in the first place but I admit, their daughter is very cute.

Last edited by aya (2012-07-15 12:45:13)

• News and Gossip 
  • » Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes divorcing after five years of marriage

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 12:56

[ 9 queries - 0.020 second ]
Privacy Policy