Principe Azheef's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalk Level: zero
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
✌...?!✌
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
♖Reverse World ♖

Why Should You Wear Sunblock/Sunscreen?

[align=center][img]http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/man-and-sunscreen.jpg[/img][/align] [align=center][img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NrH3lUJvwvs/UAevl7Bn1UI/AAAAAAAAAXM/ehvUWc87_Fc/s1600/sunscreens.jpg[/img][/align] [align=center][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Axafmdoirss/T4EH8kjJMJI/AAAAAAAAB58/JLOM5rCmoUY/s1600/Banana-Boat-Sun-Screen-Lotion-Products-470x352.jpg[/img][/align] [align=center][img]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6808/g141153653.jpg[/img][/align] [align=center]Sunblock should be used to protect your skin from the damaging effects of the sun. Ultraviolet (UV) rays provide humans some benefits including the induction of vitamin D production in the skin, but these rays can also be harmful. Too much exposure to UV rays can result in sunburn and even sun poisoning. Repeated excessive exposure can lead to skin cancer. Those who spend time in the sun are encouraged to use sunblock products in order to avoid skin damage.[/align] [b]Definition[/b] Sunblock is a product specifically formulated to absorb or reflect ultraviolet rays. A sunblock (or sunscreen) is usually labeled with an SPF (sun protection factor) rating. In general, the higher the SPF the more protected you are from UV rays. For instance if a product has a rating of 15, you can stay in the sun 15 times longer than the normal amount of time you could spend without burning. If that time was one minute, you could stay out 15 minutes. Some sunblock products have an SPF rating of 50 or more. [b]Ingredients[/b] The ingredients used in a particular sunblock depend on who is manufacturing it. Basically, two types of ingredients are used, either chemical or physical agents. Chemical sunblocks absorb ultraviolet radiation while a physical sunblock reflects the UV rays away from your skin. Among the chemical agents used is avobenzone andoctyl salicylate. Common physical agents used are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. Some products use both types of agents. When choosing a chemical agent sunblock, look for one that uses several chemical agents because a single agent protects against only a narrow segment of the ultraviolet spectrum. [b]Types[/b] Sunscreen exists in many forms including creams, lotions, gels, oils and sprays. No one type is better than another, so users should find a form they like. Check the ingredients, both active and inactive, when choosing a sunblock. Test a small area of skin with a new product before applying it everywhere. Be aware that many sunblock products contain PABA, a chemical to which some people are allergic. Look for specially formulated sunscreens for your face and other sensitive areas. There are also some lip products and hair products that contain sunscreen. [b]Benefits[/b] The main benefit of sunblock is, of course, preventing ultraviolet rays from penetrating the skin. This is important in preventing burns and blistering. In addition, sunblocks can help minimize the "aging" effect sun exposure has on the skin, which includes wrinkles and a "leathery" appearance. Many sunblock products provide a moisturizing effect on the skin. A good sunblock also allows people to spend more time out-of-doors than they could without the protection. [b]Warnings[/b] It is possible to be allergic to certain chemicals in sunblock, so it is essential to find one that suits your particular skin. While sunblocks are effective in combating ultraviolet rays, many only protect against the burning UVB rays and do not stop UVA rays that affect the deep layers of the skin, causing aging and the possibility of developing melanoma, the most deadly form of skin cancer. Another warning that should be heeded is that for sunscreen to be effective it must be applied in liberal amounts and reapplied frequently.

Last edited by Principe Azheef (2012-07-26 11:04:19)

sj0405
 정아라
sj0405's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
Life's too short to waste
Rated SPG
Seoul, Korea
2016-07-17

Re: Why Should You Wear Sunblock/Sunscreen?

[quote=Principe Azheef;#253925;1343314882][b]for sunscreen to be effective it must be applied in liberal amounts and reapplied frequently.[/b][/quote] I always do this every time I go to the beach and when driving. It really helps a lot :thumbsup:
Principe Azheef
 ♕Zheefy Harmonia Mysteri…
Principe Azheef's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
✌...?!✌
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
♖Reverse World ♖

Re: Why Should You Wear Sunblock/Sunscreen?

[quote=sj0405;#256938;1343475467]I always do this every time I go to the beach and when driving. It really helps a lot :thumbsup:[/quote] Thats really good for your skin Ate SJ! Fight skin cancer! :lol3: :thumbsup:

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 19:50

[ 9 queries - 0.019 second ]
Privacy Policy