discord.gg/8Q2UqfWC9r

Seven Addictions You Might Not Know You Have

jechel.eonni
 Eonni Chel~yah ! ;)
jechel.eonni's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
FTalk Level: zero
Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
nan nappeun gijibae ;)
Rated SPG
Cebu, Philippines
2015-05-08
Website

[b]6 : The Internet[/b] [spoiler]Even though the Internet has only been around for a few short decades, some people's preoccupation with being on the Web has crossed over from hobby to addction . And that's probably not difficult to believe considering how much time most of us spend in front of our computers these days. Like most addictions, the major sign is that it interferes with your normal life. For addicts, time spent online takes priority over pretty much everything else and can start to affect relationships with other people. Some studies show that Internet addicts may actually go online just to feel normal, and that time spent away from the Internet creates feelings of withdrawal. Addicts might also feel irritable, depressed or lonely when they're unable to spend enough time online. Studies show that an Internet addict will spend, on average, 38 hours per week online .[/spoiler] [b]5 : Caffeine[/b] [spoiler]These days, getting an ultra-customized, caffeinated beverage in one of the many coffee shops around town is the norm for most people. But have you ever forgotten your morning cup of joe? Did you get a headache ? Were you irritable? You might have been experiencing withdrawal from a caffeine addiction. Even if coffee's not your drink of choice, other caffeinated beverages like soda or energy drinks have the same effect. Some of the signs of caffeine addiction include restlessness, chest pains, fatigue, nausea and headaches. More than half of coffee drinkers experience withdrawal symptoms when trying to cut out the drink .[/spoiler] [b]4 : Love[/b] [spoiler]Some people just love to love, and scientists estimate that the number of Americans dealing with a love addiction is between 5 and 10 percent of the population. Being in love creates feelings of excitement and attachment, but addicts become overly preoccupied and even obsessed with those feelings. One type of love addiction occurs when a person becomes obsessed with a love interest. These people tend to feel as if they can't live without the person, and that their significant other is their only source of happiness. Scientists think there may be a few things that can lead to an over-preoccupation with love. While brain-related problems or imbalances may be a factor, social interactions and early family life might also play a role. Some researchers even think that our culture's obsession with portraying and idealizing love leads people to become overly focused on it, as well .[/spoiler] [b]3 : Exercise[/b] [spoiler]Exercise is a healthy activity, and even though not all of us engage in it, we all know the benefits. But for some, the need to break a sweat and work the body can turn from a healthy habit into a dangerous addiction . Some people who are addicted to exercise actually experience withdrawal symptoms if they haven't exercised for a day or more. These symptoms include irritability, anxiety and even guilt for not hitting the gym. Usually these symptoms appear when the person is injured or is prevented from exercising for some reason that can't be controlled. Exercise addicts make exercise a priority, even if it's not physically advisable (such as after an injury). They constantly feel the need to maintain a certain exercise regimen and can become stressed out of they don't feel they've exercised enough. Some might never feel satisfied with the amount of exercise they're doing.[/spoiler] [b]2 : Skin Picking[/b] [spoiler]Picking, scratching, squeezing a zit, pulling at a hangnail -- it's all harmless, right? Well, not always. The addiction to skin picking, also called dermatillomania or pathological skin picking, involves obsessively picking and pulling at the skin, even if it causes harm (like bleeding, scabbing or scarring ). Some skin pickers use their fingernails and others even use implements like tweezers or pins. Some addicted skin-pickers say they spend up to 12 hours a day picking at their skin . The disorder is not specific to one particular area of the body -- skin pickers might pick at their hands, arms, face and pretty much anywhere else, though some people limit their compulsive behavior to one area of their body.[/spoiler] [b]1: Food You're Allergic To[/b] [spoiler]Yes, that's right -- you can actually become addicted to things you're allergic to. It's a strange phenomenon, but it's pretty common and, when you get down to the science of it, it's easy to see that it works just like most other addictions. When you have an allergic reaction to a food, the body releases a bunch of endorphins, lifting your mood and making you feel happier. The chemical high you get from these endorphins can be addictive in the same way drugs can be . As a result, you end up seeking out those foods in order to replicate that euphoric feeling, a process that can end up becoming an addiction as you begin to subconsciously associate the foods you're allergic to with good feelings. The most common foods to produce this allergy addiction effect include chocolate, soy, dairy products and wheat -- some of the "comfort foods" many of us flock to when we're feeling down.[/spoiler] mine: [spoiler]6th :facepalm:[/spoiler]

aicah[?], bobcbar[?], and JaChriz[?] like this topic.

bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

Re: Seven Addictions You Might Not Know You Have

[quote=jechel.eonni;#268509;1344497970]5 : Caffeine[/quote] I had this until the doctor told me no more caffeine because of the effects it had on my body :O
velle
velle's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
Error 404
2016-06-11
Website

[quote=jechel.eonni;#268509;1344497970]6 : The Internet[/quote] :)
sj0405
 정아라
sj0405's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
Life's too short to waste
Rated SPG
Seoul, Korea
2016-07-17

[quote=jechel.eonni;#268509;1344497970]time spent online takes priority over pretty much everything else and can start to affect relationships with other people.[/quote] Not yet :no: [quote=jechel.eonni;#268509;1344497970]Internet addicts may actually go online just to feel normal, and that time spent away from the Internet creates feelings of withdrawal.[/quote] This doesn't apply to me yet :no: [quote=jechel.eonni;#268509;1344497970]Addicts might also feel irritable, depressed or lonely when they're unable to spend enough time online. Studies show that an Internet addict will spend, on average, 38 hours per week online .[/quote] Definitely, not :no3: I'm glad I'm not an internet addict yet :woohoo:
Yesha
 Yesha
Yesha's display avatar
» FTalker
im just beautiful me
PANDORAs BOX
2013-04-09
Website

6 : The Internet i had this addiction before, i spend 24hrs a days in front on pc ::D school helps me to overcome it :D
bianx
 Megumi Kairi
bianx's display avatar
» FTalkAgent
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Refresh~
house

I hope that I will have that exercise addiction. I really need it! :xixi:
bubblegum
 Khaleesi
bubblegum's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Topic Initiator
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

[quote=jechel.eonni;#268509;1344497970]One type of love addiction occurs when a person becomes obsessed with a love interest. These people tend to feel as if they can't live without the person, and that their significant other is their only source of happiness.[/quote] I need to be rehabilitated :lol2:
Daniera_cHan122
 Dane
Daniera_cHan122's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
2021-02-16
Website

Internet. It's always the internet. -,-
myjhadeheart
 Jhade Concepcion
myjhadeheart's display avatar
» FTalkAddict
TragicLover
Rated SPG
Manila
2014-03-31

6 and 4 :/
jechel.eonni
 Eonni Chel~yah ! ;)
jechel.eonni's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
nan nappeun gijibae ;)
Rated SPG
Cebu, Philippines
2015-05-08
Website

[quote=bobcbar;#268655;1344503827]I had this until the doctor told me no more caffeine because of the effects it had on my body[/quote] what kind of effect sir ?? [quote=Yesha;#269113;1344562440]6 : The Internet i had this addiction before, i spend 24hrs a days in front on pc : school helps me to overcome it[/quote] huwat ?? :O well, that's good ! you overcome it already !
Zyrdred
Zyrdred's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
New world, old ways
Lagendia
2012-12-14

Internet :smoke:
mystic rain
mystic rain's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter
Legendairy!
Nightosphere
Pooc, Talisay City
2016-04-27

Mine is 6th as well D:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=jechel.eonni;#270323;1344676118]what kind of effect sir ??[/quote] Too much caffine was giving me headaches and hyperness :lol3: trouble sleeing :yes:

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 21:28

[ 9 queries - 0.043 second ]
Privacy Policy