» SuperFTalker
FTalk Level: zero
Everyone ♥♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
Life's too short to waste
Rated SPG
Seoul, Korea
2016-07-17

Raise your glass! It's shape may influence your drinking

How quickly you down an alcoholic drink may depend on the shape of the glass you're holding, a new study suggests. In the study, participants were asked to drink beer from either a straight-sided glass, or a curved "beer flute." People took about almost twice as long to finish when drinking alcohol from the straight-sided glass, compared with the curved glass. There was no difference in drinking rates from the glasses when the drink was nonalcoholic. People may swill their alcohol faster from curved glasses because it is more difficult to accurately judge the halfway point of these glasses, the researchers speculated. As a result, drinkers may be less able to gauge how much they have consumed. "People often talk of 'pacing themselves' when drinking alcohol as a means of controlling levels of drunkenness, and I think the important point to take from our research is that the ability to pace effectively may be compromised when drinking from certain types of glasses," said study researcher Angela Attwood of the University of Bristol's School of Experimental Psychology in the United Kingdom. In another experiment, participants completed a computer task in which they were shown pictures of two glasses containing varying volumes of liquid, and asked to judge whether each glass was more, or less, than half-full. The researchers found people made greater errors in judging the halfway point of the curved glass. The participants who showed the greatest error in these judgments also tended to show the greatest changes in their drinking rates, the researchers said. The speed at which people drink alcohol influences their level of intoxication, and the number of drinks they consume on an occasion. Therefore, slowing down is likely to have a positive impact for the individual, and also at a population level, the researchers said. [url=http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/09/04/raise-your-glass-it-shape-may-influence-your-drinking/?intcmp=features#ixzz25YOyYHa3]Read more[/url]
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

Re: Raise your glass! It's shape may influence your drinking

I prefer drinking from the bottle :lol3: glasses are over rated :D
MC-ngapalanamekoikaw
 MC ang itawag mo sakin
MC-ngapalanamekoikaw's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter

^ yah, I also prefer from the bottle.. and I think that glass shape is so girly :swt:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

I don't drink. :lol2: [quote=MC-ngapalanamekoikaw;#286957;1346852285]^ yah, I also prefer from the bottle.. and I think that glass shape is so girly :swt:[/quote] [url=http://www.mustacheglass.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Mustache-Glass-Model-DSC_0344.jpg]Here, I mustache you some manry~ drinking glasses.[/url] :lol: [img]http://img2.etsystatic.com/000/0/6069155/il_fullxfull.279964318.jpg[/img]
kite
 is clinically dead for 16 hrs.
kite's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
Decent Thread StarterSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Website

[quote=sj0405;#286167;1346807995]The speed at which people drink alcohol influences their level of intoxication, and the number of drinks they consume on an occasion. Therefore, slowing down is likely to have a positive impact for the individual, and also at a population level, the researchers said.[/quote] Agree. Whether you drink in bottle or glass, it depends on the pacing when you drink. If you don't want to get drunk easily, make it slow. :thumbsup: :lol3:
ielle
 Gomeeeezzzz
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
💚 Life 💚

I drink either from the bottle or from the glass.

I'm gorjaaaaaas 🤰🏻
BebeChiyo
 PANDORA
BebeChiyo's display avatar
» FTalkElite
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
PANDORAs BOX
UK | PH
Website

Depends on what I drink. If I drink lager, it's usually from the can. If WKD Vodka, I drink from the bottle

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 19:51

[ 9 queries - 0.013 second ]
Privacy Policy