» SuperFTalker
FTalk Level: zero
Everyone ♥♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
Life's too short to waste
Rated SPG
Seoul, Korea
2016-07-17

McDonald's to open its first-ever vegetarian-only restaurant

NEW YORK – McDonald's Corp., the fast food chain that brought the hamburger to the world, is opening what may be its first vegetarian-only restaurants. They have menu items that cater to local tastes, such as the Maharaja Mac, which is a Big Mac made with chicken patties instead of beef. It also offers a McAloo Tikki, a burger made with a spicy breaded potato patty, red onions, tomatoes and a "special vegetable sauce." The chain offers such localized options in countries around the world. [spoiler]The opening of the vegetarian-only restaurants "further speaks to McDonald's efforts to cater to local tastes," the Oak Brook, Ill.-based company said. Without providing details, it said the restaurants will be in areas that are popular pilgrimage destinations. McDonald's said the new restaurants are the only ones it's aware of that will serve only vegetarian food. However, local franchises in India and other regions may already have meatless menus. For religious reasons, beef is not eaten by Hindus, who make up the majority of India's population of about 1.2 billion people. McDonald's has more than 33,500 locations around the world, but only about 250 are in India. As McDonald's faces rising competition and a volatile world economy, it has said it will focus on offering more food options that cater to local tastes in order to grow sales. Last month, the company said a key revenue measure came in flat for July, which was its worst showing in more than nine years. The figure had grown every month since April 2003. In 2002, McDonald's agreed to donate $10 million to Hindu and other groups in the U.S. to settle lawsuits that accused the chain of mislabeling french fries and hash browns as vegetarian. The vegetable oil used to prepare the fries and hash browns had contained traces of beef for flavoring purposes.[/spoiler] [url=http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/04/mcdonalds-to-open-its-first-ever-vegetarian-only-restaurant/#ixzz25YQJDNJP]click[/url]

bobcbar[?] likes this topic.

kite
 is clinically dead for 16 hrs.
kite's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
Decent Thread StarterSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Website

Re: McDonald's to open its first-ever vegetarian-only restaurant

[quote=sj0405;#286184;1346808918]They have menu items that cater to local tastes, such as the [b]Maharaja Mac[/b], which is a Big Mac made with chicken patties instead of beef.[/quote] Sounds like Majarada Moja (from Mojacko) for me :lol2:

Last edited by kite (2012-09-05 01:47:06)

Aiashine
 Aiashine Shin
Aiashine's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
The Scandalers
PH

Waaaah. Build one in PH please :lol2:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

McDonalds tried to sell the veggie burger before..epic failure..tasted like cardboard :puke: maybe they will have better luck this time :D
mystic rain
mystic rain's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter
Legendairy!
Nightosphere
Pooc, Talisay City
2016-04-27

[quote=Aiashine;#286653;1346828191]Waaaah. Build one in PH please[/quote] Yeah, pretty please ;-; XD
MC-ngapalanamekoikaw
 MC ang itawag mo sakin
MC-ngapalanamekoikaw's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter

I wonder what't taste like :chew:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=sj0405;#286184;1346808918]They have menu items that cater to local tastes, such as the Maharaja Mac, which is a Big Mac made with chicken patties instead of beef[/quote] When did chicken become a vegetable? :lol: [quote=bobcbar;#286762;1346834818]McDonalds tried to sell the veggie burger before..epic failure..tasted like cardboard[/quote] Mcdonald's should prolly stick to what they do best. Make people fat and unhealthy. :lol3:

Last edited by aya (2012-09-06 08:33:33)

Darryl
 Darryl
Darryl's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Cebuuuuuuuuu!
2013-11-22

How ironic :lol2:
jechel.eonni
 Eonni Chel~yah ! ;)
jechel.eonni's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
nan nappeun gijibae ;)
Rated SPG
Cebu, Philippines
2015-05-08
Website

[quote=sj0405;#286184;1346808918]McAloo Tikki, a burger made with a spicy breaded potato patty, red onions, tomatoes and a "special vegetable sauce."[/quote] :drool2: i think, that tastes good huh !!! :lala: [quote=mystic rain;#286817;1346839359]Waaaah. Build one in PH please Yeah, pretty please ;-; XD[/quote] yes pleaaaaaase ! but how about joby ?? :evil:
  • News and Gossip 
  • » McDonald's to open its first-ever vegetarian-only restaurant

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 08:39

[ 9 queries - 0.026 second ]
Privacy Policy