Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalk Level: zero
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

Copycatting ― Apple style

[img]http://img.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/img/tech/120905_p01_copycats1.jpg[/img] [b] US firm’s internal memo indicates iPhone imitated Samsung, LG products[/b] By Kim Yoo-chul Apple sued Samsung Electronics for copying its iPhone and a U.S. jury made a “patriotic” ruling ordering the Korean firm to pay $1.05 billion in damages. Now, what appears to be an internal memo from Apple appears to show it was the other way around — the U.S. firm copying designs from Samsung and LG Electronics. The San Jose verdict was made without key evidence being shown to the nine-member jury. The evidence, rejected by the judge for its late introduction, concerned Samsung’s F700 smartphone and LG’s Prada-branded phone, both cited in the Apple memo in question. It remains to be seen how this latest revelation will affect a court in the Netherlands and a ruling by U.S. Judge Lucy Koh on the San Jose verdict. The “3GSM Congress Trade Show Report” was written just after the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in 2006 by Apple’s marketing executives; a copy of which was obtained by The Korea Times. Apple’s first iPhone was introduced in June 2007, after the F700 had been released on the market. The MWC, the premier smartphone show, is held in the Spanish city of Barcelona and the 2006 congress drew a lot of attention. Apple never attends conventions, however, that year it showed up as everybody was talking about the iPhone. Its internal report is very descriptive and compares the specifications of its first iPhone — thickness and length to screen size — with its competitors including LG’s Prada. Also the document includes the release dates for South Korean companies’ mobile phones. “Apple benchmarked the surface designs of Samsung and LG phones for its first iPhone,” said a Samsung executive. Samsung submitted the internal Apple document to the trial in California and it was accepted by Judge Koh; but the nine jurors apparently paid little heed to it. “The Apple document could be crucial evidence that Samsung didn’t copy the iPhone in an appeals court or even the upcoming ruling by Judge Koh,” said another executive. Complete article: [url]http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/09/133_119161.html[/url]
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

Re: Copycatting ― Apple style

I'm siding with Samsung (don't care who copied who) coz samsung isn't OP. :lol3:
velle
velle's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
Error 404
2016-06-11
Website

Pro-Samsung~
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=aya;#287861;1346934593]I'm siding with Samsung (don't care who copied who) coz samsung isn't OP.[/quote] :lol3: Even with Apple being an american company I'm against them for trying to bully everyone else :mad: They want to be king of the smartphone and ipad market but right now Samsung is kicking their ass :lol3:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=bobcbar;#288215;1346962208]Even with Apple being an american company I'm against them for trying to bully everyone else :mad:[/quote] It's because Samsung phones (and other similar devices) can provide the same services w/c iPhones can also offer but for a much, much cheaper price. Apple's losing way too much money because of this. :lol3:
sj0405
 정아라
sj0405's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
Life's too short to waste
Rated SPG
Seoul, Korea
2016-07-17

[quote=bobcbar;#287319;1346889412]It remains to be seen how this latest revelation will affect a court in the Netherlands and a ruling by U.S. Judge Lucy Koh on the San Jose verdict.[/quote] What I know for sure is: This battle will go on and on and on and on ......:lol3: [quote=bobcbar;#287319;1346889412]Samsung sold 12 million phones, while Apple sold 5.2 million, IDC said. A year ago, Samsung’s share was 22 percent, while Apple had 21.1 percent.[/quote] Samsung products e.g. (Galaxy Note) is much cheaper than the iPhone 4S basing on my own experience last year when I bought my iPhone 4S...My personal reason for buying it even it's more expensive is that I don't like to carry a cell phone as big as my wallet or worst to say my hand :lol3:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=sj0405;#289467;1347070129]What I know for sure is: This battle will go on and on and on and on ......[/quote] Thats for sure..they both sued each other again in Korean court last week :lol3: new issues I guess :O

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 06:11

[ 9 queries - 0.029 second ]
Privacy Policy