Announcement

We are moving to Friendster.click

Join us: www.friendster.click/join-friendster

We're also on discord.

discord.gg/8Q2UqfWC9r

• News and Gossip 
  • » Singaporean Taxi Driver Returned $1.1 Million That Had Been Left In His Cab

Singaporean Taxi Driver Returned $1.1 Million That Had Been Left In His Cab

bramzero
bramzero's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
FTalk Level: zero
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Purgatory
Website

Singaporean Taxi Driver Returned $1.1 Million That Had Been Left In His Cab

Singapore. A Singaporean taxi driver Monday returned S$1.1 million (US$898,000) in cash that had been left behind by a Thai couple in his cab. [align=center][img=500x332]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7559/comfortdelgrotaxidriver.jpg[/img][/align] The money — in S$1,000 bills — was inside a black paper bag left on the rear seat. ComfortDelGro cabby Sia Ka Tian, 70, had picked up the couple — on vacation in Singapore — from The Sail condominium at Marina Bay at around 11:30 a.m. on Monday. After he dropped them off at Golden Mile Complex in Beach Road, he proceeded to look for a parking space so that he could visit a toilet. After returning from the lavatory, he noticed the black paper bag on the right side of the back seat. In it was another white paper bag which contained stacks of S$1,000 notes. Said Sia: "When I saw the money, I thought, trouble is here. I was sure there was at least S$200,000 in the bag." Afraid that someone else might get into his cab, he locked its doors and drove straight to ComfortDelGro's lost-and-found department in Sin Ming. "The money is unimportant to me. It doesn't belong to me, so how can I use it?" said Sia, who has been a cabby for 31 years. His colleagues at the office were stunned when he handed over the bag of cash. They counted the money and realized it was $1.1 million. At the same time, the couple had contacted ComfortDelGro via a friend. They went to Sin Ming, where Sia was waiting at the lost-and-found department. To express their gratitude, they gave him a reward for his honesty. Sia declined to reveal the amount. The couple also declined to be interviewed and did not disclose why they were carrying such a large amount of cash. Sia, who joined ComfortDelGro as a cabby in 1981, has made six reports to the lost-and-found department in the past three years. The items left behind were mostly mobile phones and bags. ComfortDelGro said this is the largest find to date. In 2009, another cabby returned 5 kg of gold bars worth S$377,000 (US$308,000). Spokesman Tammy Tan said Sia had acted quickly and with great integrity by returning the money directly. She said: "Finding S$1million in cash is not an everyday affair and, in fact, we wonder how many people would have possibly been tempted by it. "We are immensely proud of him, and are glad that the passengers recovered their money." The taxi operator also intends to present Sia with its Crystal Award which is given to cabbies who have provided good service. Reprinted courtesy of The Straits Times. [url=http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/seasia/singaporean-taxi-driver-rewarded-for-honesty/557232]Source[/url]. [i]- If you were the cab driver what would you do? - Why those Thai couple had those crazy amount of moniez in a black paper bag? Normal people/tourists don't do that, and a million of cash is the last thing in you would left accidentally like that. :lol2: - @Principe Azheef U know that old man? :lol:[/i]

Principe Azheef[?], and bobcbar[?] like this topic.

mystic rain
mystic rain's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter
Legendairy!
Nightosphere
Pooc, Talisay City
2016-04-27

Re: Singaporean Taxi Driver Returned $1.1 Million That Had Been Left In His Cab

Such an honest person :"> he deserves to have good reward for that (: XD
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=bramzero;#309505;1353486241]To express their gratitude, they gave him a reward for his honesty. Sia declined to reveal the amount.[/quote] Hope it was at least a few thousand dollars :yes:
MC-ngapalanamekoikaw
 MC ang itawag mo sakin
MC-ngapalanamekoikaw's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter

[quote=bramzero;#309505;1353486241]- If you were the cab driver what would you do?[/quote] my cab will magically become lamborghini =D [quote=bramzero;#309505;1353486241]- Why those Thai couple had those crazy amount of moniez in a black paper bag?[/quote] they're gamblers :lol3:
Principe Azheef
 ♕Zheefy Harmonia Mysteri…
Principe Azheef's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
✌...?!✌
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
♖Reverse World ♖

[quote=bramzero;#309505;1353486241]- If you were the cab driver what would you do? - Why those Thai couple had those crazy amount of moniez in a black paper bag? Normal people/tourists don't do that, and a million of cash is the last thing in you would left accidentally like that. :lol2:[/quote] If I were the cab driver, I would do the same thing. I believe in Karma man! :lol3: [quote=bramzero;#309505;1353486241]- @Principe Azheef U know that old man? :lol:[/quote] Cool you read this too! Ermmm that face kinda familiar to me, cant possibly recall when the last time I saw him...waaakakakakaaaaaaaa. A driver that has the value of GEMS in him. Something to be proud of. Being a Singaporean I feels that the people here were very concern and helpful for each other eventhough I hate the strictness they have it here in some ways.....waaaaaaakakakakaaaaaaa. :lol3:

Last edited by Principe Azheef (2012-11-22 20:31:50)

kite
 is clinically dead for 16 hrs.
kite's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
Decent Thread StarterSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Website

[quote=bramzero;#309505;1353486241]- If you were the cab driver what would you do?[/quote] If I were the driver, I would keep it first. If no one claims the money or looking for it, then it's all mine. :evil: [quote=bramzero;#309505;1353486241]Why those Thai couple had those crazy amount of moniez in a black paper bag? Normal people/tourists don't do that, and a million of cash is the last thing in you would left accidentally like that.[/quote] They're big time robbers I guess. :lol3:
  • News and Gossip 
  • » Singaporean Taxi Driver Returned $1.1 Million That Had Been Left In His Cab

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 06:37

[ 9 queries - 0.018 second ]
Privacy Policy