You Were There [oneshot]

michiiella
michiiella's display avatar
» FTalkAddict
FTalk Level: zero
PANDORAs BOX
2014-05-21

You Were There [oneshot]

My first oneshot story. Posted this on Wattpad. (check my account on my siggy). Enjoy! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ You were always there for me ever since we were kids. You were always the princess and you always force me to be the prince. We would always play this silly game over and over until that age... Until we reach the age of 6. "Jake, I'm sorry." "Why do you have to go? Can't you stay here?" "I can't Jakey. Daddy needs to work abroad and we need to go with him." "Gabby, nooooooooo." Jake held Gabrielle in his arms. Gabrielle was the best friend he ever had. Ever since then, they would always play together, eat together and even sleep in the same room together. They were like siblings, inseparable. "Jakey, I don't want to go too!" and she hugged him as well. Lilianne, Gabrielle's mom, told her daughter slowly to let go of Jake but she wouldn't budge. Then Jake reached for his necklace, a simple silver cross and placed it on Gabrielle's neck. "I'd look for you Gab. I promise." and the children both cried. Lilianne loomed over them and slowly tugged Gabrielle away. Her father honking the car loudly. "Nooooooo!" the children shouted together. Lilianne slowly pulled her daughter away from Jake and Jake was held back by his mom. They were both shouting each other's names, both feeling the ache and sadness of slowly losing each other. Gabrielle was placed inside the car and her father immediately started driving. Jake ran after the car as fast as his legs could carry him. Gabrielle peered out of the window and she was still crying. Jake was crying very hard as well, tears already wetting his shirt. His legs giving way, Jake stumbled then fell on the hard pavement, his tears falling on the pavement. Gabrielle, having seen this, struggled in her mother's arms that held her protectively. She wanted to get out but her mother held her tightly. Her tears kept on falling. She looked at the cross Jake gave her and held it tightly. They'd surely meet again, she thought. She will never forget her best friend. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [i]11 years later[/i] "Mom, I'm going!" "Have fun in school Jake! Be sure to get a girlfriend this time!" "Mom! You don't have to tell me." Jake winked at his mom.Jake is already a freshman at one of the prestigious universities in the Philippines. He is very shy although girls came filing up to him because of his very boyish features: brown hair, hazel eyes and he was very fair and well-built. He's also a good student and a varsity player but he never had a girlfriend. Ever. He was still searching for Gabrielle. He kept on saving money for his plan to go overseas and to search for her there. His best friend. "Jake!" "Janelle. Hey." Janelle is one of the few girls he ever came to be friends with. They were friends ever since second year high school and are very comfortable with each other. Janelle hugged him and he hugged her back. To Jake, Janelle was like a sister but to Janelle, he was something else. "Slow poke. Class is about to start. C'mon!" Janelle held Jake's hand and ran to class together. After class, they went to the cafeteria and sat at the table where their friends were gathered. "Hey guys, a new hottie enrolled in our university today." Matt told them. The other guys laughed, together with Jake. Carla, Matt's girlfriend slapped his arm. They all laughed harder and Matt hugged his girlfriend to him. "You're hotter of course." "Hmpf. Of course I am." and the two began to be lovey dovey that disgusted the others and came back to the topic. "Yea, I saw her too. She was so pretty. She has this long, wavy auburn hair and she's quite tall as well. Her curves are in the right places." Natalie told everyone and she looked at herself. She was very pretty as well, with her black hair tied to a ponytail as she sipped her juice then crossed her legs. She was thin and seeing someone who's very sexy caused her anxiety. "Natalie, you're pretty, you know." Angela told her. She is a quite person but very honest. Her glasses making her look like a very serious student. Natalie hugged her and she froze. The others laughed at her reaction. Suddenly, the cafeteria was silent. There was no sound coming from each one of the people, the only sound that can be heard are the footsteps of the person which probably caused the whole cafeteria to fall quiet. It was the woman whom Jake's friends kept on talking about. She was indeed very pretty. Her hair looks very soft and her eyes were very dark. She wasn't that tall and yet the way she walked and carried herself made everyone stare at her as she passed by. She looked very confident. Her V-neck shirt showing off her creamy skin and the silver necklace that hung on her neck. Jake's heart skipped a beat. Could it be? Before he knew it, he was already standing and suddenly, he huggged the mysterious beauty at the middle of the cafeteria. He felt her intake of breath and he hugged her tightly. After 30 days, he slackened his hug yet never letting go of her, he looked into her eyes. At first there was confusion then as if a spark was suddenly lit, her eyes widened as she stared at him. "Jake?" "Yes, it's me Gabby...... It's you isn't it?" and Jake smiled at her. She squealed with joy and hugged the best friend she sorely missed. "You've grown Jake! We have so much to talk about!" Gabrielle told him and they hugged each other again. Jake brought her to their table and introduced her to his awestruck friends. She was immediately accepted and before they knew it, the bell rung. "Jake, I'll see you later." and unable to control herself, she hugged him. Oh, she missed him so! "Yea, sure. I'd wait for you by the entrance ok?" and Gabrielle nodded. When Jake got inside his classroom, his friends catcalled him and a lot were teasing him. "Our boy Jakey is finally a man!" "Finally, he already got himself a girlfriend!" "Wooooo!" "Cut it you guys." Jake said. "Besides, she's not my girlfriend." then, like what happened in the cafeteria, the whole class suddenly became quiet. The only thing that can be heard is the hum of the ac. "Then, what is she to you?" and Jake explained how he and Gabrielle were best friends ever since they were kids. Both guys and girls were happy. The guys secretly yearning for Gabrielle while the girls are already planning out ways to get Jake. When Jake sat on his table, George, his best friend, came to him. "Dude, can I talk to you?" "Yea. What's up?" "You and Gabrielle are only friends right?" "Yea. Why?" "Well. I heard you two promising each other to meet up later...." oh no. Jake knew where this was going and yet he doesn't have the heart to flat-out reject the person's incoming request. "Can I come in your place instead? I mean....I really like her..Gabrielle...." George kept on fidgeting. Should Jake concede or not? He was so confused and yet he wanted George to be close to Gabrielle as well. "Yea sure. It's ok. We have practice later on as well." then George smiled and patted Jake on his back. "Thanks man." then he went back to his seat. The day ended and instead of heading to the front gate where Gabrielle would be waiting, Jake went to the court instead in order to practice. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Months passed and Gabrielle and George began hanging out. They were always together and George proudly announced himself that Gabrielle accepted a date with him. Every one of their friends were happy for George. Except Jake. "Shouldn't I be happy for George and Gabrielle? Why do I feel so peeved?" Jake thought to himself while watching George beaming down on all of them. Jake silently left the table yet Janelle's eyes followed him. He sat in his car and listened to the radio. He closed his eyes and he let the song flood his mind. Throughout the music, only one person was in his mind: Gabrielle. [i]I guess you heard, I guess you know In time I'd have told you, but I guess I'm too slow. And it's overly romantic but I know that it's real I hope you don't you mind if I say what I feel. It's like I'm in somebody else's dream, This could not be happening to me. [/i] [i](Chorus) But you were there, and you were everything I'd never seen. You woke me up from this long and endless sleep. I was alone. I opened my eyes and you were there. Don't be alarmed, no don't be concerned. I don't want to change things leave them just as they were. I mean nothing's really different It's me who feel strange. I'm always lost for words when someone mentions your name. I know I'll get over this for sure I'm not the type who dreams there could be more. (Chorus) But you were there, and you were everything I'd never seen. You woke me up from this long and endless sleep. I was alone. I opened my eyes and you were there. Can I take your smile home with me, or the magic in your hair? The rain has stopped, the storm has passed Look at all the colors now the sun's here at last. I supposed that you'll be leaving but I want you to know Part of you stays with me even after you go. Like an actor playing someone else's scene This could not be happening to me. But you were there, and you were everything I'd never seen. You woke me up from this long and empty sleep. I was alone. I opened my eyes and no, I'm not alone, I'm not alone. I opened my eyes and you were there.[/i] A gentle tap on his window brought him out of his reverie and saw Janelle standing outside. She was smiling and all of a sudden, it rained. She was shocked and she repeatedly tapped Jake's window. Jake laughed and opened the door opposite his side. Janelle immediately went in and closed the door shut. She laughed and Jake laughed with her. He looked outside as it kept on raining hard. He turned to face Janelle and her face was serious. Jake was worried because of Janelle's expression. "What's wrong, Jan?" Janelle looked into his eyes. "Hmm....You like her, don't you?" "Who?" "Gabrielle." Jake laughed. "Of course I like her. She's my best friend." Janelle was still serious. "I mean, do you love LOVE her?" Jake stared into Janelle's eyes. She's serious. "I-i...I don't know." "Say it Jake, it's only me. Do you like her?" "I honestly don't know Janelle."then Janelle sighed. "Jake, if you aren't honest with yourself, how can you ever be honest with your feelings especially with the girl you like?" "Jan..I" then suddenly, she kissed him on his lips. Jake, out of shock, did not push her away. She pulled herself away from Jake then smiled at him. "Y'know Jake, I've always liked you since high school. You were always that quiet boy who's always smiling. You never boast and were never the egoist and that's why I really like you. Up until now. I really wanted to tell you how I feel but suddenly, Gabrielle came along and all you can look at is her. Whenever I would look at you, you're always looking at her. You also smile that cute smile of yours everytime you see her smile. So tell me Jake, do you like her?" I looked at her for a long time before I finally answered what I know was real and I've only noticed this feeling when Janelle pointed it out. "Yea. I do like her. Ever since we were little." Janelle smiled at Jake then. She kissed him on the cheek. "Good luck kiddo. I still love you but this time, I'd love you like how I would love a friend." then she left. Jake stared at her walking out on him. She went out immediately so that her tears would mingle with the rain. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jake went to school the next day and Janelle was absent. When Jake sat on his chair, George came to him. "I got dumped." Jake was shocked. "What?" "She dumped me." "Who?" "Gabrielle" "When?" "Yesterday." "Did she say why?" George looked at his shoes then. He sat down beside Jake. "She told me that she has someone else she loves." Jake's heart skipped a beat. "Did she tell you who it is?" "Not really. She only told me that she loves the person that gave her her necklace more than anyone in the world." Jake couldn't supress his glee. He tried to feel concerned for his friend but right after class, he immediately sought for Gabrielle. Right before looking for her, Jake spotted a floral shop and bought a bouquet of daisies, Gabrielle's favorite. He began searching for her again until finally, he saw her red hair moving towards the park. "Gabby, wait up!" Gabrielle turned and saw Jake rushing towards her. "Jake?" Jake finally caught up to her and held her to him with one hand while hiding the bouquet on the other. "Ja-Jake?" And he couldn't suppress himself anymore he blurted out the words. "I love you Gabrielle. I've loved you ever since we were kids. I've always loved you until now." then he kissed her gently on the lips. He gave her the bouquet he was hiding. Gabrielle couldn't believe her ears. Then suddenly Jake sang out to her. [i]I guess you heard, I guess you know In time I'd have told you, but I guess I'm too slow. And it's overly romantic but I know that it's real I hope you don't you mind if I say what I feel. It's like I'm in somebody else's dream [/i] Forgetting half of the lyrics, Jake continued to the chorus making Gabrielle laugh. [i]But you were there, and you were everything I'd never seen. You woke me up from this long and endless sleep. I was alone. I opened my eyes and you were there. [/i] After finishing the song, Gabrielle smiled sadly at him. "But Jake, when we were supposed to see each other after class....You weren't the one who went up to me. George was. I was about to tell you something important that time but I was....I was really heartbroken." and she bowed her head. Jake hugged her to him. "I'm so sorry Gabby. It's just....I wanted you to be close to my best friend. I made such a wrong move. I'm sorry." "Don't worry though. I didn't say yes to him." Jake tried to appear shocked to her answer. "Why is that?" "Dummy. It's because I like someone else." "Who??" Jake tried to appear crestfallen but his eyes were happy. Gabriella noticed this and hit him lightly on the arm. "Guess?" then she kissed his cheek. She smiled shyly at him and Jake's heart missed a beat. He hugged her to him and she hugged him back. Finally, she was back in his arms, the person she loved and forever will love. [i][align=center]End[/align][/i] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi peeps! I'd truly appreciate what you think about this story by commenting! Thanks for reading it. :xixi:

Last edited by michiiella (2013-04-25 19:55:49)

yunish[?] likes this topic.

yunish
yunish's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Decent Thread Starter
Tropang Kalye 09

Re: You Were There [oneshot]

The song was familiar, and I could sing the chorus, what's the title of that song and by who? :d Btw, I'm glad Jake and Gabrielle ended up together. I'm a sucker for a "best friends turned lovers" kind of stories. :lol3:
Principe Azheef
 ♕Zheefy Harmonia Mysteri…
Principe Azheef's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
✌...?!✌
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
♖Reverse World ♖

:over: :lol3:
michiiella
michiiella's display avatar
» FTalkAddict
PANDORAs BOX
2014-05-21

[quote=yunish;#325767;1366964065]The song was familiar, and I could sing the chorus, what's the title of that song and by who? :d Btw, I'm glad Jake and Gabrielle ended up together. I'm a sucker for a "best friends turned lovers" kind of stories. :lol3:[/quote] This is the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrVdVgpbbOY]song[/url] The original was sung by the Southern Sons and then Regine has a version. Oh, the title of the song is the title of the story. Teehee :xixi: I'm glad you liked it :D [quote=Principe Azheef;#327161;1367508199]:over: :lol3:[/quote] ..uh? :lol3:

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 09:12

[ 9 queries - 0.014 second ]
Privacy Policy