discord.gg/8Q2UqfWC9r

Eating Disorders

chaw
» FTalkElite
FTalk Level: zero
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins

Eating Disorders

Not enough attention and funding are given to treating and researching eating disorders primarily because people think these are psychological problems. But the first three on this list are actually clinically diagnosed. Which one did you have in the past or which one are you struggling with? If you've never had these, have you ever thought of attempting to have it? [spoiler][b]Anorexia Nervosa[/b] Inadequate food intake leading to a weight that is clearly too low. Intense fear of weight gain, obsession with weight and persistent behavior to prevent weight gain. [b]Binge-Eating Disorder[/b] Frequent episodes of consuming very large amount of food but without behaviors to prevent weight gain, such as self-induced vomiting. A feeling of being out of control during the binge eating episodes. Feelings of strong shame or guilt regarding the binge eating. Indications that the binge eating is out of control, such as eating when not hungry, eating to the point of discomfort, or eating alone because of shame about the behavior. [b]Bulimia Nervosa[/b] Frequent episodes of consuming very large amount of food followed by behaviors to prevent weight gain, such as self-induced vomiting. A feeling of being out of control during the binge-eating episodes. Self-esteem overly related to body image. [b]Night Eating Syndrome[/b] Characterized by a lack of appetite in the morning & overeating at night with agitation & insomnia has been reported in a new study. NES is thought to be stress related and is often accompanied by depression. Especially at night the person may be moody, tense, anxious, nervous, agitated, etc. Has trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. Wakes frequently and then often eats. [b]Orthorexia[/b] Those who have an “unhealthy obsession” with otherwise healthy eating may be suffering from “orthorexia nervosa,” a term which literally means “fixation on righteous eating.” Orthorexia starts out as an innocent attempt to eat more healthfully, but orthorexics become fixated on food quality and purity. They become consumed with what and how much to eat, and how to deal with “slip-ups.” An iron-clad will is needed to maintain this rigid eating style. Every day is a chance to eat right, be “good,” rise above others in dietary prowess, and self-punish if temptation wins (usually through stricter eating, fasts and exercise). Self-esteem becomes wrapped up in the purity of orthorexics’ diet and they sometimes feel superior to others, especially in regard to food intake. [b]Megarexia[/b] Megarexia "a mental condition in which one perceives one's body as too thin, and desires it to be ever larger," is the opposite of anorexia. Recent statistics indicate that six percent of men who engage in bodybuilding programs suffer from this. Megarexics often feel humiliated, are defensive about their body image, uncomfortable with talk about body building, and socially ill at ease. Individuals diagnosed as megarexics are "chronically preoccupied with the concept of increasing their body mass. When they look in the mirror, they see themselves as too small and too weak." Sources: https://www.asaecenter.org/Resources/JALArticleDetail.cfm?ItemNumber=30366 http://www.healthyplace.com/eating-disorders/eating-disorders-overview/types-of-eating-disorders-list-of-eating-disorders/ http://nationaleatingdisorders.org[/spoiler]
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

Re: Eating Disorders

I think my sister is Bulimic. I told her if her ribs started becoming super apparent I am going to take her to a rehab facility. :lol3:
chaw
» FTalkElite
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins

Re: Eating Disorders

@aya How did you come up with that conclusion? Does she always run back to the restroom after eating? That's crazy! :lol3: @t: I've never been diagnosed anorexic but I've starved myself for months. I did binge-eating and purging too. Not something I'm proud of, but it's all over now mehehhehe

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 20:19

[ 9 queries - 0.016 second ]
Privacy Policy