Announcement

We are moving to Friendster.click

Join us: www.friendster.click/join-friendster

We're also on discord.

discord.gg/8Q2UqfWC9r

If you had a free ride to college, what would you major in?

chaw
» FTalkElite
FTalk Level: zero
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins

If you had a free ride to college, what would you major in?

If you had a free ride to college and the economy where you're at is doing great, what would you major in? For me, I still don't know. My interests are so diverse so I kinda wanna be everything. :lol2: I'm pretty sure some of us here were forced to choose a major because of the current economc status (whether the job is in-demand or not).

Last edited by chaw (2014-04-22 00:55:46)

ninch[?], and Tres[?] like this topic.

Pawws
 wethebipolars
Pawws's display avatar
» FTalkElite
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Manila

Re: If you had a free ride to college, what would you major in?

I'd take all things related to Culinary Arts and anything that can make me a professional [i]kusinera[/i] (yak, baba ng pangarap hahaha jk :xixi:), or Fashion Design, or Dentistry. :lol:
michelle
michelle's display avatar
» FTalkAddict
2015-05-12

Psychology or anything related to arts. These are the fields where I have potential.
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

Psychology. The human psyche is interesting. Wanted either to be a psychiatrist or a psychology professor. I also like my brother's course, MMA seems pretty fun. :lol:
Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

Hands down. Nursing.
chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

@Pawws I can really see you as a fashion designer though! :thumbsup: Push mo yan~ @michelle and @aya yes I like psychology too! It's verrrry interesting how you can use psychology to manipulate people :xixi: jk Hahaha @tres Dude that's really awesome. What are your reasons? And yeah I wanna be everything--an MD, a French Ambassador, an Artist, a Choreographer, a psychologist, a veterinarian. :lol3: But I kinda like where I'm at right now. Nursing school is hell but the patient-nurse relationship is very priceless. :yes:
Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

That exactly! The patient-nurse relationship. I wanna know the feeling of saving a life. I wanna take care of people. Whenever I picture myself as a nurse, I always look forward to that moment when the patient or the patient's family thanks me for helping them. Besides, I feel like their uniform suits me :lol3::lol3:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=Tres;#399757;1398155474]Whenever I picture myself as a nurse, I always look forward to that moment when the patient or the patient's family thanks me for helping them.[/quote] Picture this. Measuring, smelling urine. Holding the ambu bag for a long periods of time. Dying patients. Burn patients. Patients with communicable disease. Standing in OR for 8++ hours. Gangrene. Weird growth in private organs. Pooping while giving birth. Family usually thank the doctor, not the nurse. [quote=Tres;#399757;1398155474]Besides, I feel like their uniform suits me :lol3::lol3:[/quote] Yea, the scrub suit which even manicurists/pedicurist, junior hairstylists wear.
bubblegum
 Khaleesi
bubblegum's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Topic Initiator
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

Chemistry or Math because I hate those two subjects thus I would like to learn more about them and maybe eventually become a lover of numbers and equations.
Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

[quote=aya;#399769;1398157354]Family usually thank the doctor, not the nurse.[/quote] Hazel don't spoil this for me now :lol3: They will thank me after my service. There are nice people who thank everyone who helps them. [quote=aya;#399769;1398157354]Yea, the scrub suit which even manicurists/pedicurist, junior hairstylists wear.[/quote] I make a good manicurista anyway.
chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

@bubblegum I used to love Chemistry and Math. Then Biology happened. :lol3: @aya HAHAHAH youre mean! I know what you mean though. That's why i don't wanna be a nurse forever. /: I'm definitely moving up after I graduate HAHAHA @tres She's true though. But I'm pretty sure there lots of pros andcons in every field so might as well take the one you really love :lol2:
Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

@chaw she's ruining it for me HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=Tres;#399852;1398168567]They will thank me after my service.[/quote] doctors>> "Thank you for saving my life" nurses>> "Thank you for changing my IV" "Thank you for changing my diaper" "Thank you for cleaning my pwet" "Thank you for administering my meds" [quote=Tres;#399852;1398168567]I make a good manicurista anyway.[/quote] Let's not forget the vets and the dog groomers. :lol2::thumbsup: But don't get me wrong, I have strong admiration for nurses because they can do all those shit. Takes a lot of patience and compassion to be a nurse (qualities I do not have) that's why I don't get why nurses are underpaid in PH. Very cruel. -______-

Last edited by aya (2014-04-22 08:26:03)

chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

I agree ^ They do ALLLLLLL of the work. Med school graduates in hospitals sometimes don't even know how to do a freakin IV or they don't know how to diagnose a patient properly. :faint: Probably because everybody is a nurse now /:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=chaw;#399866;1398169481]they don't know how to diagnose a patient properly. :faint:[/quote] I know. It's like some of them are just guessing -____- Went to a clinic once and I told her my stomach hurts and she was like "Okay, you have amoebiasis. Here take these meds." Whaaaa? :lol3:
chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

Da heckkkk? Don't you need FECAL sample for that?! :lol3: These med students get so excited with diagnosing patients, they forget to look for the basics first -_____- @t: I would major in Vererinary Medicine. I have no idea why animals didn't interest me when I was young. -.-
Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

[quote=aya;#399860;1398169129]doctors>> "Thank you for saving my life" nurses>> "Thank you for changing my IV" "Thank you for changing my diaper" "Thank you for cleaning my pwet" "Thank you for administering my meds"[/quote] At least they said thanks :lol3: cleaning my pwet. This is very appetizing guys I tell you. [quote=aya;#399860;1398169129]that's why I don't get why nurses are underpaid in PH.[/quote] I don't get it either >___< That's the main reason why my parents didn't want me to take nursing.
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=chaw;#399879;1398170028]Da heckkkk? Don't you need FECAL sample for that?! :lol3: These med students get so excited with diagnosing patients, they forget to look for the basics first[/quote] I KNOW. I was like eyeing up my dad (He's friends with the doctor, she's old). And he was shaking his head with a face like pleading me not to say anything hahahahaha. :lol3::lol3: [quote=Tres;#399888;1398170484]That's the main reason why my parents didn't want me to take nursing.[/quote] But that's only 3-5 years of sacrifice in PH. After that, fly abroad and you gunna get super rich. :lol3::lol3:

Last edited by aya (2014-04-25 02:47:42)

ninch
 charm_caster0604
ninch's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
Topic InitiatorFTalkers ♥♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!
Se7en Deadly Sins
2019-07-18

Law. Most law students in our school have cars, so if I have a car, I can go with the flow. :lol2: I dream of taking up law because it's kinda nice to hear your name with Attorney at the beginning.
Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

[quote=ninch;#400014;1398177630]I dream of taking up law because it's kinda nice to hear your name with Attorney at the beginning.[/quote] I couldn't agree more :lol3: the title attorney makes any kind of name regal :lol3:

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 10:40

[ 9 queries - 0.040 second ]
Privacy Policy