College/University where you came from

yunish
yunish's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
FTalk Level: zero
Decent Thread Starter
Tropang Kalye 09

College/University where you came from

Do you think this really matters when it comes to finding a job after graduating college? Share your insights. :)
mrjpc07
 Hyper !
mrjpc07's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
Topic InitiatorFTalkers ♥♥ Me!

Re: College/University where you came from

I don't think the name of University/College where you graduated will make a difference on finding a job... I think making yourself look smart and talk smart will make you land a job.. :)
TheKimYasay
 Misunderstood
» FTalkAddict
2012-05-12
Website

I think yes, not because of its name but the quality of education your school offers. If you learned so much in that school, there's a big possibility that you will excel in another school.

Wala namang taong hindi nasasaktan :invi: tsktsk. Bye.
strikerno14
 Drake
» FTalker
You don't fucking know me
2014-03-18

[quote=mrjpc07;#4791;1335574931]I don't think the name of University/College where you graduated will make a difference on finding a job... I think making yourself look smart and talk smart will make you land a job..[/quote] Actually, it does. One look from the HR Department on your resume they will immediately start to like you if you came from a prestigious/popular school because that school will most likely produce smart and aspiring people. For example, whenever I tell people I came from Silliman University, they will immediately think that I am smart. And the best thing is, I am. It doesn't necessarily land you the job but it helps.
A I C H
 VDN
A I C H's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!
Yah.
Rated SPG

[quote=yunish;#4698;1335573099]Do you think this really matters when it comes to finding a job after graduating college? Share your insights.[/quote] It depends on the job you're applying. Some companies prefer this school or that school in accepting applicants for this job. Example: Engineering jobs: Mapua, TIP Accounting jobs: PSBA, NCBA For all jobs: The top 5 schools (UP, UST, ADMU, DLSU, UA&P) Based on experience, I work in recruitment before.
chaw
» FTalkElite
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins

It depends. If you're just attending a university at your place, then this most likely means that it is not well known to companies and industries. But I'm pretty sure they'll consider you if they look at your transcript and your accomplishments. If you have an outstanding resume, they'll take you. It's like saying that you got denied in Ive-League schools but you turned out to be a diamond in the university you chose to attend to. However, it would still be a big plus if you actually are in a top school. Your school obviously has a good reputation, and they'll take you for sure.
Dayannn
 Dianne
Dayannn's display avatar
» FTalkWhiz
cray cray
Row 4
2017-08-03

Not all, but some big companies do. They usually prioritize applicants that came from the top universities/colleges, based on the applicants' resumes. They consider the school's reputation and its quality of education. But nowadays I think they also consider your achievements and/or involvements in your school when you were still studying. School, plus your achievements/involvements.
kite
 is clinically dead for 16 hrs.
kite's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
Decent Thread StarterSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Website

[quote=strikerno14;#5749;1335587240]Actually, it does. One look from the HR Department on your resume they will immediately start to like you if you came from a prestigious/popular school because that school will most likely produce smart and aspiring people.[/quote] Exactly and I agree on that. I experienced it when I was looking for a job before. They tend to choose the person came from a popular school. There is one time that when I was with an applicant from De La Salle University, the HR personnel chose that girl from De La Salle even though her grades in her transcript were bad [i](I had a chance to peek on her transcript while we're waiting. :lol3:)[/i] and she has no experience in the job she's applying for. Seems to be unfair for us who have experience and good grades. :lol3:
kapitanawesome
kapitanawesome's display avatar
» FTalker
Bangkok, Thailand
2013-03-07
Website

It depends. In other countries, I might say yes. If they knew that you're from one of the Big 4 Universities in the Philippines, then your application won't take that long because they knew that you studied from a good school.
bianx
 Megumi Kairi
bianx's display avatar
» FTalkAgent
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Refresh~
house

Name of the school I think is also an important part of your information most especially when you are applying for a job. People here in the Philippines are shallow and when a person came from much popular univ. or college, they think that that person is better than the person who came from some college out there. Which I think is not a good doing. Name of the school shoudnt be the one to look at, it should be the person's performance.
the_legend_killer
 randy orton
the_legend_killer's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
one man dynasty
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
st louis missouri
2015-11-18

Philippine mentality has an unfair judgement when it comes to the applicant is whether there from from a respective schools or not they even set it as there requirements :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Welcome to the revolution! You know why I am the leader? Because I'm the best in the world! I put attitude back where it belongs! So join me, Live the revolution...
iamnana
 Nana
iamnana's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
Row 4
Dissected Heart
2012-10-16
Website

[quote=yunish;#4698;1335573099]Do you think this really matters when it comes to finding a job after graduating college?[/quote] I think yes.. especially when you are from top universities.. We cannot deny the fact that they are the [b]"priorities"[/b] :) :eh:
meg
 Xy
meg's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter
Fitz
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
Providence
Website

It really matters especially for my course. The only fighting edge one can have against the big universities, in our case, is if you joined an international research forum an actually got praised by the panel. :shrug:
JaChriz
 Ja-Chriz
JaChriz's display avatar
» FTalkElite
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!ConversationalistFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
I aM uNiqUe ♥
Taiwan
2017-12-03
Website

I think it doesn't matter. The important today is that he/she has meet the needed requirements that the company required.
sj0405
 정아라
sj0405's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
Life's too short to waste
Rated SPG
Seoul, Korea
2016-07-17

Ewha Women's University (last one)
chaw
» FTalkElite
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins

[quote=JaChriz;#136905;1338636466]I think it doesn't matter. The important today is that he/she has meet the needed requirements that the company required.[/quote] true. If youre doing Med School, nobody really cares where you went as long as you LEARNED something and KNOW how to do the things youre asked to do. but if its just a pre-med science degree, and that is were you want to stop, then name is very important since findin a job at this degree is really hard. Some people get into harvard, stanford, upenn, etc etc because theyre rich.

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 01:48

[ 9 queries - 0.047 second ]
Privacy Policy