Join us: www.friendster.click/join-friendster

We're also on discord.

discord.gg/8Q2UqfWC9r

Are you trypophobic?

Natsume
Natsume's display avatar
» FTalkAgent
FTalk Level: zero
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!
Optimum Pride
Team Savage
2021-12-17

Are you trypophobic?

What is Trypophobia? If you search any dictionary for trypophobia you are likely to come up blank, meaning the word apparently has no official recognition. To establish it’s meaning therefore, we have to dissect the word into its component parts and hopefully gain some kind of clue. [spoiler][img]http://trypophobia.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/trypophobia5.jpg[/img][/spoiler] Starting at the end and working backwards to the beginning is sometimes a good idea, and as trypophobia has a familiar looking ending, that would be a good place to start. So what is a phobia? A phobia is an irrational fear of an object, or activity – that leads to an overwhelming compulsion to avoid it. The key definition to make note of here is “irrational”. A phobia is an irrational fear, where irrational means “without reason”, or unsubstantiated. Now we know trypophobia is an unsubstantiated fear of, something, so now we have to look toward the remainder of the word to find out the full meaning. Greek is always a good place to start for definitions, and if we look towards ancient Greece we discover that “Trypo” means punching, drilling, or boring holes. The definition we arrive at therefore is “Trypophobia : an irrational fear of holes” Trypophobia Here is another example of trypophobia [spoiler][i]click for larger view[/i] [url=http://trypophobia.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/trypophobia_picture21.jpg][img=200x350]http://trypophobia.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/trypophobia_picture21.jpg[/img][/url][/spoiler] There is however more to it than that. We are surrounded by holes in our daily lives, holes in clothes, holes in shoes, holes in equipment, and holes in our bodies. However, to find the true meaning of trypophobia we have to realise that this phobia is quite specific about the type of hole. Therefore is specifically about clusters of holes, groups of holes regardless of whether they are found in nature or in manufacture. Also known as repetitive pattern phobia, it is know to cause repulsion in suffers who so much as see a tight regular pattern consisting of holes. Known as trypophobes, these individuals find solace in knowing, thanks to Facebook, that there are others, just like them, who cannot stand the sight of sea sponges or seed pods. More sinister than simply sea sponges however, holes in the skin cause even more repulsion for trypophobes. Thanks to the many species of one unusual fly, trypophobes have another 150 reasons to be scared - the bot fly. Bot flies are the only family of flies whose larvae live within the bodies of host mammals. For trypophobes however it is the human botfly, the only species of botfly known to use humans as the host to its larvae, that is the real cause for concern. Once the bot fly invades the skin, it uses a tiny breathing hole to survive. This tiny hole alone is enough to set off trypophobia. In fact it is this tiny hole that can be the end of the bot fly larvae. Unless the larvae is killed, it will survive and grow inside its host for up to six weeks. The solution is to form an air tight seal over the hole and deny the larvae breathable air. Another solution is to tape over the hole with cotton soaked with camphorated oil, which draws the larvae out, allowing the hole to heal over naturally. So whether it is the human botfly creating a hole in the human skin, simple small symmetrical shapes formed with holes by mother nature, or indeed any other repetitive pattern, trypophobia is a fear that most people probably cannot understand, but for a minority is a very real fear that catches them unawares at the most unexpected of turns. [quote]Source: [url=http://trypophobia.net/][/url][/quote]

Last edited by Natsume (2012-04-28 23:34:53)

michelle[?] likes this topic.

aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

Re: Are you trypophobic?

I don't think I'm scared of holes but those photos are disgusting. Gave me goosebumps.
meg
 Xy
meg's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter
Fitz
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
Providence
Website

[quote=aya;#10978;1335671109]I don't think I'm scared of holes but those photos are disgusting. Gave me goosebumps.[/quote] What Ma'am Aya said. What kind of fingers are those. :disgust:
Tricia
 π
Tricia's display avatar
» FTalkElite
Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
2019-08-14
Website

I'm not, i like creating holes. :wallbash:

Mao: "Unless the problem of method is solved, talk about the task is useless."
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=SkylineGoddess;#11622;1335680248]What Ma'am Aya said. What kind of fingers are those. :disgust:[/quote] I hope it's photoshopped. It's really making my hair stand on end. :lol3:
meg
 Xy
meg's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter
Fitz
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
Providence
Website

[quote=aya;#12835;1335699558]I hope it's photoshopped. It's really making my hair stand on end.[/quote] I hope so too. Because if our fingers really look like that when opened I'm going to cut mine off. :lala:
yunish
yunish's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Decent Thread Starter
Tropang Kalye 09

It's creepy. :| 1st picture, especially. I'm not sure if I'm trypophobic though.
Daniera_cHan122
 Dane
Daniera_cHan122's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
2021-02-16
Website

When it comes to fruits and vegetables, yes, goosebumps all over. Every picture gave me frights and goosebumps!
Supergirl
» n00b
Kitchen
2012-05-08
Website

Oh good lawrd. This is worse than a horror movie lol GOOSEBUMPS!
bramzero
bramzero's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Purgatory
Website

Yes I am I have an overwhelming compulsion to avoid assholes :lol2:
ielle
 Gomeeeezzzz
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
đź’š Life đź’š

what the hell tanyong dondon?! I feel like I wanna :puke: because of those photos you've posted. I dunn wanna see it again. :peek:

Last edited by ielle (2012-04-29 13:49:11)

I'm gorjaaaaaas 🤰🏻
Daniera_cHan122
 Dane
Daniera_cHan122's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
2021-02-16
Website

Whenever I see this post, I automatically get goosebumps. NOT FUNNY~
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=bramzero;#14275;1335716201]Yes I am I have an overwhelming compulsion to avoid assholes :lol2:[/quote] Gunna be hard avoiding yourself. :plotting:
Khanon
» FTalker
2014-02-13

I can feel holes on m fingertips. Ack, /shivers. [i]One time, I dreamed about my scalp having this huge ass hole to my brain and I was still alive. Scary shit. [/i]
saberAlter
 Jolene
» FTalkManiac
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
2012-11-04

Is it weird that I like looking at those photos? ._.
clangxxi
 Clarissa ~
clangxxi's display avatar
» n00b
I love life :)
Manila
2012-11-28
Website

Woah. I'm not! Kinda scary pics. Can't stand to stare at those pics.

It’s not about thinking you’re perfect – because nobody is – but knowing that you’re worthy of being loved and accepted`
kitsune11
kitsune11's display avatar
» FTalkElite
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
Super Nanix FapcORN Club

Woah! The pictures makes my eye teary. =|
TheKimYasay
 Misunderstood
» FTalkAddict
2012-05-12
Website

That pictures gave me goosebumps even my facial hairs :no3: It's very disgusting.

Wala namang taong hindi nasasaktan :invi: tsktsk. Bye.
Belle
Belle's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Topic Initiator
2021-12-07

I have this strong urge to pour ketchup on his fingers and eat the living hell out of it
MnGrcia
 Mona
MnGrcia's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
The Scandalers
2012-05-27
Website

I don't think I'm trypophobic, but those photos are disturbing. :puke:

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk