We're also on discord.

discord.gg/8Q2UqfWC9r

The Debate Room

Tricia
 π
Tricia's display avatar
» FTalkElite
FTalk Level: zero
Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
2019-08-14
Website

The Debate Room

Just a suggestion. We can discuss politics, religion and any ideas. :lol2:

Mao: "Unless the problem of method is solved, talk about the task is useless."
MnGrcia
 Mona
MnGrcia's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
The Scandalers
2012-05-27
Website

Re: The Debate Room

Yes please! :yes2: That would be awesome.
Belle
Belle's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Topic Initiator
2021-12-07

[quote=Tricia;#37416;1336155881]politics, religion[/quote] Would eventually turn into flame threads because people will only assert their own views and dismiss the opinions of others. They would even resort to personal attacks and diss those people who are against their belief lol i'm against this stuff.
MnGrcia
 Mona
MnGrcia's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
The Scandalers
2012-05-27
Website

[quote=Belle;#44036;1336302114]They would even resort to personal attacks and diss those people who are against their belief lol[/quote] Do you think people here would take those debate topics personally? :um:
Belle
Belle's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Topic Initiator
2021-12-07

^I do not only think. I KNOW. :lol2: Based from prev exp
Tricia
 π
Tricia's display avatar
» FTalkElite
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
2019-08-14
Website

Can't blame ignorant people. :eh:

Natsume
Natsume's display avatar
» FTalkAgent
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!
Optimum Pride
Team Savage
2021-12-17

I agree with belle. It will burst into flames and arguments. We experience that kind of situation here before. ([i]old ftalk[/i]) Some members become inactive because of that. We don't want that to happen again here. I also disagree for religion debate. Religion is a very sensitive topic. It might offend someone, if they don't like what they say about their religion.
Tricia
 π
Tricia's display avatar
» FTalkElite
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
2019-08-14
Website

Yes, debates may get heated but that's why there are guidelines and rules. Discussing religion, we must expect criticism and prepare to take it. And i don't even this suggestion will pass, ftalk is just new again.

Geni
 Imageni
Geni's display avatar
» FTalker
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
2012-07-21

As a fellow ftalk member, i do agree with the debate over politics and diff. ideas but I do have to point out debate over religion. It should be carefully observed and watched and should be specific on which beliefs or ideas should the debate focus on or the argument will go terribly wrong. A [i]debate over beliefs of different religions[/i] will tend to be pointless. [spoiler]Religions generally are all about faith, and we all know that faith needs no facts nor studies to prove the belief(s). For instance, an argument of beliefs between Islam and Christianity will possibly heat up (books like Koran and Bible will not be useful references) and will just leave everyone neither losers nor winners at the end of the debate.[/spoiler] But I think a [i]debate over a recent event/occurence/topic regarding only one religion[/i] is more acceptable. [spoiler]The argument will be composed of people who approves a certain opinion and the ones who oppose it. Like for example, topics like in Christianity: "The Pope should be prosecuted..." or "The Pope should bless a gay marriage..." In this case, Christians can share their own opinions and debate over them. At least Christian Scholars and the Bible can be used as references.[/spoiler] Sorry if i emphasized it too long, just wanna make my opinion clear. :)
Le Derpster
Le Derpster's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
Decent Thread StarterSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
2020-08-27

I think a Debate Section that is religion-free (can contain politics, recent events, world news, showbiz, etc.) is a good idea. And debating can utilize one's mind and WILL even conduct a research just to justify their opinions...which is i think a good habit for starters. [b]Fixed btw[/b] :xixi:

Last edited by Le Derpster (2012-05-10 05:39:53)

Tricia
 π
Tricia's display avatar
» FTalkElite
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
2019-08-14
Website

Yes, debating religion is a bad idea for there are many religious people here. That and only few agnostics and atheists and those who are interested. And yes, debate is an argument but it has strict rules of conduct. Everyone gets to be correct if there is no correct answer to the question for what you believe is what matters. We aren't supposed to convince or convert but to learn and listen from others. Religion/Politics discussion may get heated, and some might feel that they are being personally attacked. So i guess the best way is the absence of religion.

Darryl
 Darryl
Darryl's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Cebuuuuuuuuu!
2013-11-22

I'm sure the topicstarter mentioned religion together with politics and all so as to just cite some examples (which branched out to further discussions :lol3:) There are a lot of topics out there (not just religion :huh:) which are 'debatable' and interesting, and having a debate room would exercise our freedom to express our opinions and views. Members just need to be mature enough so we'd have a smooth flow as we go throughout the debate process :lol:
meg
 Xy
meg's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter
Fitz
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
Providence
Website

^ Such things can't really be prevented by being mature. A person has a boiling point so it's possible for some to take matters seriously when that certain point is reached. :facepalm: But I would like to see how things progress from here. :yes2:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

Bitch please, some members even get in a very heated argument just because of (the topic) "smoking"; how much more with religion? :lol3:
ninch
 charm_caster0604
ninch's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
Topic InitiatorFTalkers ♥♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!
Se7en Deadly Sins
2019-07-18

[quote=aya;#62104;1336697682]Bitch please, some members even get in a very heated argument just because of (the topic) "smoking"; how much more with religion? :lol3:[/quote] :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Le Derpster
» FTalkFreak
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
2020-08-27

[quote=aya;#62104;1336697682]Bitch please, some members even get in a very heated argument just because of (the topic) "smoking"; how much more with religion?[/quote] and bitch please, that's why the original proposal is changed from debate room with religion to none. as stated by the TS: [quote=Tricia;#56674;1336564704]So i guess the best way is the absence of religion.[/quote] :thumbsup:
Darryl
 Darryl
Darryl's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Cebuuuuuuuuu!
2013-11-22

[quote=SkylineGoddess;#60219;1336648179]Such things can't really be prevented by being mature.[/quote] Like what?
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=Le Derpster;#64072;1336728584]and bitch please, that's why the original proposal is changed from debate room with religion to none.[/quote] ...how much more with politics and other serious stuff. there. -_-
Le Derpster
» FTalkFreak
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
2020-08-27

[quote=aya;#64099;1336728971]how much more with politics and other serious stuff. there[/quote] well in politics it's pretty normal that it would lead into a heated discussions, but as far as i know, it's a heated discussion which has tons of texts and links to support their claims so it's a pretty TLDR thing compared to a heated discussion between two retards (a.k.a me and that strikerno) about smoking several months ago. :yes2:
A I C H
 VDN
A I C H's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!
Yah.
Rated SPG

[quote=Le Derpster;#56401;1336561275]I think a Debate Section that is religion-free (can contain politics, recent events, world news, showbiz, etc.) is a good idea. And debating can utilize one's mind and WILL even conduct a research just to justify their opinions...which is i think a good habit for starters.[/quote] :thumbsup: For religion, it's [i]undebatable[/i] (if there's such word). Since it's all about beliefs.

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 10:59

[ 9 queries - 0.037 second ]
Privacy Policy