Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalk Level: zero
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

How Eating Right Ensures a Good Night's Sleep

[i]From the Chosun Ilbo English News[/i]... Reports paint a gloomy picture of the sleeping habits of Koreans, with even schoolchildren getting no more than six hours of sleep amid ever more frantic competition. But a good night's sleep is perhaps the most important guarantor of good health and longevity, and is not even terribly difficult to achieve. Here are some tips how eating right can help you sleep deeply and wake up refreshed to face the challenges of the day. [align=center][img]http://english.chosun.com/site/data/img_dir/2012/05/12/2012051200281_0.jpg[/img][/align] ◆ What to Eat [spoiler]Vitamins and minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron and Tryptophan strengthen the body's immunity and help you stay calm while reducing stress and promoting a restful sleep. Calcium helps the body to produce the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin. Fruit and vegetables help digestion, and protein from chicken, fish or beans keep you from feeling hungry in the middle of the night. But even good things can be harmful in excess. Overeating leads to digestive problems, which increase the chances of waking up in the middle of the night. Going to bed on an empty stomach, on the other hand, stimulates the production of stress hormones. The important thing is to eat in moderation.[/spoiler] ◆ What Not to Eat [spoiler]Sugary foods are a bad idea before going to bed. Sugar may give you a sudden burst of energy, but eventually lead to an imbalance in the blood-sugar level, stimulating the secretion of insulin, and that can disrupt your body's rhythm during sleep. Starchy food such as corn or potatoes should also be avoided, because the body breaks down starch into sugar. Drinking alcohol before going to bed can cause you to wake up more often and snore more. The first three hours of knocked-out sleep after drinking may deceptively feel like you are getting some deep sleep, but three hours later you will reflexively wake up often and find it difficult to settle down again. Caffeine before bedtime can also harm your sleep. Caffeine is a powerful stimulant that stays in the body for 12 to 24 hours. The effects vary from individual to individual, but drinking coffee before going to bed causes you to wake up more often and makes it harder to go to sleep.[/spoiler]

Tricia[?], and sj0405[?] like this topic.

sj0405
 정아라
sj0405's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
Life's too short to waste
Rated SPG
Seoul, Korea
2016-07-17

Re: How Eating Right Ensures a Good Night's Sleep

[quote=bobcbar;#70707;1336860584]Overeating leads to digestive problems,[/quote] This is 100% true and to adults it can lead to death (bangungot) :d [quote=bobcbar;#70707;1336860584]Sugary foods are a bad idea before going to bed[/quote] Didn't know about this :eh:
meg
 Xy
meg's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter
Fitz
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
Providence
Website

[quote=bobcbar;#70707;1336860584]Calcium helps the body to produce the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin.[/quote] Ooooh so that's why I always get a good sleep =3 Sankyoo for sharing this sir bob :thumbsup:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=SkylineGoddess;#71181;1336877430]Sankyoo for sharing this sir bob[/quote] Ur welcome..I just thought it was interesting :D
JaChriz
 Ja-Chriz
JaChriz's display avatar
» FTalkElite
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!ConversationalistFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
I aM uNiqUe ♥
Taiwan
2017-12-03
Website

[quote=bobcbar;#70707;1336860584]Caffeine before bedtime can also harm your sleep.[/quote] yeah this is really true :yes: Thanks for this info sir bob...I didn't see this thread before :facepalm:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

Not many people have read or even posted here :( thanks for your comment :D
JaChriz
 Ja-Chriz
JaChriz's display avatar
» FTalkElite
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!ConversationalistFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
I aM uNiqUe ♥
Taiwan
2017-12-03
Website

Im drinking milk if I can't sleep :xixi:

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 19:50

[ 9 queries - 0.025 second ]
Privacy Policy