Naldz
donzkie's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
FTalk Level: zero
Decent Thread Starter
Cebu, Philippines
2012-12-11

How to Drink Without Getting Drunk

[align=center][img]http://www.gquebbq.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/beer2.jpg[/img][/align] Granted that youre always surrounded by people and social situations that encourage you to drink. But youve also had too many embarrassing tales about you when you get drunk. People are perhaps always saying, Well, just wait till X gets drunk. Such fun it will be. If youre tired of being that guy, but still need to drink to fit in, you need to learn to do so without getting drunk. Heres how: [b]Eat before a drinking session[/b] Never begin drinking on an empty stomach. Yes, the booze hits you way quicker if you havent had anything, but thats not the thing were going for here, are we? So, get something substantial in your stomach before you start drinking. A full tummy will keep you away from drinking too much. [b]Keep a tab[/b] Keep a tab over yourself. Promise yourself that you will not drink more than a glass of wine or a pint of beer. Impose self-control. You can do it if you really dont want to make a fool of yourself in public again. Its not like youre being asked to go cold turkey. Youre still getting your fix. And keep chugging a glass of water now and then to keep yourself hydrated. [b]Hold the first[/b] Hold your first drink for as long as possible. Try to trick your mind by saying this is the last bottle of beer or glass of wine left on this planet and you want to make sure you extend the pleasure for the longest while. Savour your drink. Enjoy every sip, dont chug like some eager, immature college kid. Spend on that expensive whisky, if you have to, go for the Glenfiddich, but relish it. [b]Deceive and lie[/b] If people are constantly pestering you to drink: What nonsense Sharma? Wheres your drink? Waiter, get Sharma jis drink., then you need to find a way out. Get a glass of apple juice or coke or soda and lemon wedge. People will still think it is cocktail with whisky or rum or that its gin and tonic. Fool them and later laugh, when they get pissed drunk, instead of you. [b]Go to an expensive hotel[/b] If you go to an expensive place and have a look at their prices, you will automatically cut down. Who the heck is going to pay 4000 bucks for a silly cocktail? [b]Distract yourself[/b] When you feel youre getting the urge to drink, talk to your friends, or hit on the girl sitting close by, or get to the dance floor. Call someone on your phone. Check the food menu. Listen to the music. Go to the loo. Do something to take your mind off the booze. Have a close friend constantly remind you that youve had enough. But you should obviously listen to him, or else he will just look like a fool if you start abusing him and tell him he should mind his boundaries. Its fairly easy to do both to get royally sloshed, or to stay sober enough but still have a good time. You need to decide who you want to be. Do you want to be the guy with the worst hangover ever the next morning, or the guy who gets up and remembers the great time he had last night.
Daniera_cHan122
 Dane
Daniera_cHan122's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
2021-02-16
Website

Re: How to Drink Without Getting Drunk

I have to tell this to my father.
mystic rain
mystic rain's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter
Legendairy!
Nightosphere
Pooc, Talisay City
2016-04-27

[quote=Daniera_cHan122;#153323;1339151634]I have to tell this to my father.[/quote] :lol3:
jhunz1951
 Jhunel Amantiad
jhunz1951's display avatar
» FTalkAddict
Zamboanga City
2019-06-30
Website

some says "eat before drink"
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=donzkie;#153126;1339147076]Deceive and lie If people are constantly pestering you to drink: What nonsense Sharma? Wheres your drink? Waiter, get Sharma jis drink., then you need to find a way out. Get a glass of apple juice or coke or soda and lemon wedge. People will still think it is cocktail with whisky or rum or that its gin and tonic. Fool them and later laugh, when they get pissed drunk, instead of you.[/quote] This. I'm gunna hold on to my sparkling apple juice all night. :lol3:
koy1991
 Natsu
koy1991's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
shutterfreak
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
DVO, PHL
2020-05-01

i'm a heavy drinker but i haven't experience being drunk =D
A I C H
 VDN
A I C H's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!
Yah.
Rated SPG

[quote=donzkie;#153126;1339147076]Hold the first[/quote] [quote=donzkie;#153126;1339147076]Eat before a drinking session[/quote] And eat while drinking.
mrjpc07
 Hyper !
mrjpc07's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
Topic InitiatorFTalkers ♥♥ Me!

[quote=Daniera_cHan122;#153323;1339151634]I have to tell this to my father.[/quote] :lol2: I don't need this... :lala: But Donzkie looks like the master of drinking.. :cheers:

Last edited by mrjpc07 (2012-06-10 18:08:44)

vanraid
 Denz Salvador
vanraid's display avatar
» FTalker
Decent Thread Starter
ABS-CBN
Balagtas, Bulacan
2015-07-03
Website

[quote=donzkie;#153126;1339147076]Eat before a drinking session Never begin drinking on an empty stomach. Yes, the booze hits you way quicker if you havent had anything, but thats not the thing were going for here, are we? So, get something substantial in your stomach before you start drinking. A full tummy will keep you away from drinking too much. Keep a tab Keep a tab over yourself. Promise yourself that you will not drink more than a glass of wine or a pint of beer. Impose self-control. You can do it if you really dont want to make a fool of yourself in public again. Its not like youre being asked to go cold turkey. Youre still getting your fix. And keep chugging a glass of water now and then to keep yourself hydrated. Hold the first Hold your first drink for as long as possible. Try to trick your mind by saying this is the last bottle of beer or glass of wine left on this planet and you want to make sure you extend the pleasure for the longest while. Savour your drink. Enjoy every sip, dont chug like some eager, immature college kid. Spend on that expensive whisky, if you have to, go for the Glenfiddich, but relish it.[/quote] I'm actually doing these 3... :thumbsup:
xx4eversilentxx
 Frenchise
xx4eversilentxx's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
you can call me 'french'
PANDORAs BOX
Cebu,Phillipines
2020-08-22
Website

hmmmm...i have to ask the professional drinkers...:P
kite
 is clinically dead for 16 hrs.
kite's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
Decent Thread StarterSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Website

[quote=donzkie;#153126;1339147076]Eat before a drinking session Never begin drinking on an empty stomach. Yes, the booze hits you way quicker if you havent had anything, but thats not the thing were going for here, are we? So, get something substantial in your stomach before you start drinking. A full tummy will keep you away from drinking too much.[/quote] this :chew: [quote=donzkie;#153126;1339147076]Distract yourself When you feel youre getting the urge to drink, talk to your friends, or hit on the girl sitting close by, or get to the dance floor. Call someone on your phone. Check the food menu. Listen to the music. Go to the loo. Do something to take your mind off the booze. Have a close friend constantly remind you that youve had enough. But you should obviously listen to him, or else he will just look like a fool if you start abusing him and tell him he should mind his boundaries.[/quote] this :lol2: [quote=donzkie;#153126;1339147076]Deceive and lie If people are constantly pestering you to drink: What nonsense Sharma? Wheres your drink? Waiter, get Sharma jis drink., then you need to find a way out. Get a glass of apple juice or coke or soda and lemon wedge. People will still think it is cocktail with whisky or rum or that its gin and tonic. Fool them and later laugh, when they get pissed drunk, instead of you.[/quote] and this :lol3: I deceive them. When they're not looking at me, and they are busy making jokes and telling stories, I throw away the drink as fast as I could. :lol3:
ielle
 Gomeeeezzzz
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
💚 Life 💚

Though I don't eat before the drinking session starts because I might throw up and feed the ducks. :lol3: But I'll try to eat before drinking. :D [quote=donzkie;#153126;1339147076]Deceive and lie If people are constantly pestering you to drink: What nonsense Sharma? Wheres your drink? Waiter, get Sharma jis drink., then you need to find a way out. Get a glass of apple juice or coke or soda and lemon wedge. People will still think it is cocktail with whisky or rum or that its gin and tonic. Fool them and later laugh, when they get pissed drunk, instead of you.[/quote] I can't do this. I mean I'm not good in deceiving and lying. :lol3: Their eyes are on me. :lol3:

I'm gorjaaaaaas 🤰🏻
sj0405
 정아라
sj0405's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
Life's too short to waste
Rated SPG
Seoul, Korea
2016-07-17

[quote=donzkie;#153126;1339147076]Deceive and lie[/quote] Maybe I can do this :plotting:
yunish
yunish's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Decent Thread Starter
Tropang Kalye 09

But he fun in drinking is in getting drunk :lol2:

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 16:37

[ 9 queries - 0.031 second ]