discord.gg/8Q2UqfWC9r

How to Overcome the Fear of Injections ♥

JaChriz
 Ja-Chriz
JaChriz's display avatar
» FTalkElite
FTalk Level: zero
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!ConversationalistFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
I aM uNiqUe ♥
Taiwan
2017-12-03
Website

[b]1.[/b][i] Try to relax, the more tense you are the more it will hurt.[/i] Relax your arms and keep your shoulders down. Focus on your breathing, take deep breaths to help you relax. [b]2.[/b][i] Either look at it or don't.[/i] You need to determine what will work better for you. If seeing how tiny the needle really is will help you overcome the fear, have a look. If you know that seeing the needle will freak you out even more, focus on something else in the room. [b]3.[/b][i] While having the shot, distract yourself. [/i]Many people are focusing on getting the shot, but talking with someone, singing your favourite song quietly, or, if possible, finding something to bite down on can make the shot a bit easier. [b]4.[/b] [i]Have a positive mantra.[/i] A lot of times the fear is all in your head, so by having a positive outlook will ease your fear. Focus on 'This will make me better', 'I'm much bigger and better than this - I can do it!' or a similar mantra, instead of 'I don't want a needle' or 'This is going to hurt' [b]5. [/b][i]Think about how this shot is going to help you.[/i] Understand why you need the shot - you're protecting yourself from something much worse than a simple injection. Which would you rather have; an incurable disease or a 5 second shot? [b]6.[/b][i] Don't be embarrassed to cry, lots of people are afraid of shots![/i] The doctor will understand, and sometimes it helps to shed a few tears. [b]7.[/b][i] Bring a friend or family member along![/i] If you are getting vaccinated at school, ask a friend to come and talk to you or hold your hand while you're getting the shot - having someone you know with you will ease your nerves. If you're getting vaccinated at the doctor's, ask a family member to come along for support. [b]8.[/b] [i]Tell your doctor that you are scared.[/i] It is always best to talk about it, and if the doctor knows that you're scared, he or she will most likely talk to you or give you some tips to help relax. [b]9.[/b] [i]Don't think about it too much, it will only make it worse on the day that it will come. [/i]Try to focus on other things so that you don't get squeamish. Realize that there is a lot of drama over shots, but they aren't really that bad. The experience you're picturing in your head is probably way worse than what it will actually be like. [b]10.[/b][i] Remember that it is all over in the blink of an eye[/i]. No need to be afraid. At the end of the day, it is a sterilised, perfectly harmless needle. Most people are afraid of the pain, but the more you get worked up about it, the more it will hurt. [b]11.[/b][i] Some common side effects are nausea, dizziness, and tiredness[/i]. If you experience any of these symptoms, head down to your school nurse. It's better to be with people who will make you feel good then sitting in math class when you're about to pass out.

Zyrdred[?], bobcbar[?], Tricia[?], and idgaf[?] like this topic.

idgaf
idgaf's display avatar
» FTalkWhiz
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Just Keep Breathing
PANDORAs BOX
Cavite
Website

Re: How to Overcome the Fear of Injections ♥

[quote=JaChriz;#194511;1340617112]Have a positive mantra. A lot of times the fear is all in your head, so by having a positive outlook will ease your fear. Focus on 'This will make me better', 'I'm much bigger and better than this - I can do it!' or a similar mantra, instead of 'I don't want a needle' or 'This is going to hurt'[/quote] I agree with this one. :yes2: Though I don't know what "mantra" means. :plotting: :lol2:
koy1991
 Natsu
koy1991's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
shutterfreak
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
DVO, PHL
2020-05-01

[quote=JaChriz;#194511;1340617112]1. Try to relax, the more tense you are the more it will hurt. Relax your arms and keep your shoulders down. Focus on your breathing, take deep breaths to help you relax.[/quote] i do this! like have meditation mode :lol3:
Tricia
 π
Tricia's display avatar
» FTalkElite
Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
2019-08-14
Website

I like Injections :thumbsup:

Mao: "Unless the problem of method is solved, talk about the task is useless."
meg
 Xy
meg's display avatar
» SuperFTalker
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter
Fitz
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
Providence
Website

I don't like it when they inject it on the join above the ulna :lol3: But I like prick tests so I go for that even if they have to make five holes. :lol3:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=JaChriz;#194511;1340617112]11. Some common side effects are nausea, dizziness, and tiredness. If you experience any of these symptoms, head down to your school nurse. It's better to be with people who will make you feel good then sitting in math class when you're about to pass out.[/quote] How does this help overcome the fear...I would think add to it :aaa:
Daniera_cHan122
 Dane
Daniera_cHan122's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
2021-02-16
Website

Thanks for sharing! I know now how to calm my brother down when he needs injections :lol2::lol2:
Zyrdred
Zyrdred's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
New world, old ways
Lagendia
2012-12-14

Yes all of it works, this is how i overcome my fear of injections when i was a kid. The only thing i hate in injection was the pain that you will felt on the part being injected a few minutes after the procedure which will last for a few days.

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 11:06

[ 9 queries - 0.015 second ]
Privacy Policy