Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalk Level: zero
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

Psy's 'Gangnam Style' breaks Guinness World Record

SEOUL, Sept. 22 (Yonhap) -- South Korean pop singer Psy's smash hit "Gangnam Style" has become the most "liked" video on YouTube, breaking the Guinness World Record. The record-keeping authority said in its Web site the funny video that features a horse-trotting dance became the new record holder, earning over 2,295,231 likes as of 10 a.m. Saturday (local time). "Having been the 'have you seen this?' video of the last two months across the web, it's great to be able to award a record for this tremendously popular video," Guinness World Records Community Manager Dan Barrett said in a statement. "Gangnam Style" has trumped the former most liked video, LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" with 1,576,578 likes, as well as and Justin Bieber's "Baby" with 1,328,914 likes and Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" with 1,247,030 likes. The video was posted on July 15 and has since earned Psy, whose real name is Park Jae-sang, a number one hit on iTunes as well as appearances on the U.S. television channels, including MTV, NBC and CNN. "In years past, it was unthinkable that something would be viewed a hundred million times, and now 'Gangnam Style' has achieved more than twice this figure in just three months on YouTube," Barrett said.

bramzero[?], and idgaf[?] like this topic.

kite
 is clinically dead for 16 hrs.
kite's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
Decent Thread StarterSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Website

Re: Psy's 'Gangnam Style' breaks Guinness World Record

just like what I've thought :lol2:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

This video is breaking more and more records :lol3: hard to believe its that popular :O
idgaf
idgaf's display avatar
» FTalkWhiz
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Just Keep Breathing
PANDORAs BOX
Cavite
Website

There's not a single day that I don't hear this song. It's everywhere! :lol2: I wonder why it's so popular. :plotting:
Aiashine
 Aiashine Shin
Aiashine's display avatar
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
The Scandalers
PH

im sick of it. Its in everywhere. I'd rather listen to boybands than this. :no3:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=Aiashine;#294815;1348487501]Its in everywhere[/quote] :lol3: its crazy :aaa:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

So scary how society/internet quickly labels which music sucks (Friday - RB) and which rocks (Oppa Gangnam Style -PSY)
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=aya;#295143;1348556380]So scary how society/internet quickly labels which music sucks[/quote] Thats one of the the many things the internet has changed over the years :yes2:
bramzero
bramzero's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Purgatory
Website

I thought he's just a clown. After I saw this song's translation and found the real meaning behind it... wow. To put it into such a ridiculous mv I think he's brilliant. :lol2:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=bramzero;#296182;1348760646]I think he's brilliant[/quote] Maybe..but I still think he had no idea how popular this would become around the world :O
Principe Azheef
 ♕Zheefy Harmonia Mysteri…
Principe Azheef's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
✌...?!✌
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
♖Reverse World ♖

Opppppppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa gangnam style....come on dance like a duck......waaaaaakakakaaaaaaaa! :lol3:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=bramzero;#296182;1348760646]I thought he's just a clown. After I saw this song's translation and found the real meaning behind it... wow. To put it into such a ridiculous mv I think he's brilliant. :lol2:[/quote] Because of this post, I tried to check out the meaning behind the song too. :lol3: [quote][i]In ‘Gangnam Style’, Psy tries to win his ideal woman, who is “warm and human during the day, a classy girl who understands the freedom of having a cup of coffee. A girl whose heart grows hotter as the night approaches, a girl with that kind of twist… A girl who looks quiet but knows how and when to party, a girl who lets her hair down when she feels it is the right time. A girl who covers up but is more sexy than a girl who bares it all, a sensual girl like that.” Psy tries to convince her to fall for him, by saying that he, too, is warm during the day, but gets ‘hotter’ (later, “goes completely crazy”) at night, a guy that seems calm, but parties when it’s time to do so. He then tries to explain that he’s a smart and exciting guy who “one-shots his coffee before it even cools down,” and who has “bulging ideas rather than muscles.” Basically, the ‘Gangnam-Style Oppa’ is trying to convince you that he’s rich, fun to be around, and interesting to talk to. Evidenced by the music video, he has definitely accomplished that.[/i][/quote] Awwww. ^^ So does anyone know if PSY likes Hyuna? :lol3:
bramzero
» FTalkManiac
Se7en Deadly Sins
Purgatory
Website

[quote=aya;#296406;1348832186]Awwww. ^^[/quote] I prefer to believe that the song is deeper. :lol2: Let's say that thing about coffee, it's a reference to the starbucks culture where people drink expensive coffee just to create certain impression. In the vid Psy acted as a hotshot wannabe. The scene in the beginning, he's depicted as if he's sunbathing in some extravagant beach, which turn out to be a kiddie playground. And so on. The way he's wearing business suit and doing horse-ride dance is a satire of how fast south korea has turned from agricultural into industrial/developed nation. Basically, it's about people trying hard to look wealthy and classy, a critic to consumerism and materialism in contemporary society concealed in a funny song with ridiculous dancing. :thumbsup:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=bramzero;#296493;1348846467]Basically, it's about people trying hard to look wealthy and classy, a critic to consumerism and materialism in contemporary society concealed in a funny song with ridiculous dancing.[/quote] Damn bro..thats deep thinking :thumbsup:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=bramzero;#296493;1348846467]Basically, it's about people trying hard to look wealthy and classy, a critic to consumerism and materialism in contemporary society concealed in a funny song with ridiculous dancing. :thumbsup:[/quote] What about the elevator guy? What's the meaning of that part? :lol3: [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maijzpyVnB1qzr2qzo1_500.gif[/img]
bramzero
» FTalkManiac
Se7en Deadly Sins
Purgatory
Website

^ Meaning Psy has a weird fetish on dry humping :lol3:
michelle
michelle's display avatar
» FTalkAddict
2015-05-12

[spoiler]i wish to see my bf dance, gangnam style :redface:[/spoiler]
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

He gave a free concert in downtown Seoul last night for 50,000 fans :O [img]http://img.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/news/121004_2p01_psy1(0).jpg[/img] Psy performs in front of tens of thousands of fans at Seoul Plaza in central Seoul Thursday night. The singer held the concert at the plaza for free to thank his fans as his hit song ‘Gangnam Style’ is expected to claim the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Chart next week. / Yonhap

Last edited by bobcbar (2012-10-04 17:05:02)

koy1991
 Natsu
koy1991's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
shutterfreak
Super Nanix FapcORN Club
DVO, PHL
2020-05-01

PSY is invading the world :lol2:

Board footer