Announcement

We are moving to Friendster.click

Join us: www.friendster.click/join-friendster

We're also on discord.

discord.gg/8Q2UqfWC9r

• The Lounge 
  • » What Kind of Parent Do You Want To Be?

What Kind of Parent Do You Want To Be?

aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
FTalk Level: zero
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

What Kind of Parent Do You Want To Be?

Overpotective? Strict? Doting? Cool? [b]Guiding Questions:[/b] (Optional) 1. Are you going to talk to them about protective sex? 2. What age are you going to let be in a relationship? 3. What age are you going to let them smoke/drink/get a tattoo? 4. What if you caught your child smoking weeds?

Last edited by aya (2014-03-31 16:35:40)

Tres[?] likes this topic.

shana16
 Johan
shana16's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Rated SPG
Ocean Heaven

Re: What Kind of Parent Do You Want To Be?

A cool one :thumbsup::lol2: [quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]1. Are you going to talk to them about protective sex?[/quote] yes, always, im going to tell them that they should only do that when they're ready for the consequences that might happen when they have sex. [quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]2. What age are you going to let be in a relationship?[/quote] it depends if they're matured enough to know what is a relationship and how it should be. [quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]3. What age are you going to let them smoke/drink/get a tattoo?[/quote] tattoo's okay, unless the tattoo is something inappropriate at their age, and im not going to allow them to drink and smoke until they're 18, but teens these days are so stubborn, i'll just prolly tell them that whatever happens to them, its their fault. They know what's right and what's wrong. [quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]4. What if you caught your child smoking weeds?[/quote] REHAB! :lol2:
Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

I don't really know the right term for the kind of parent I wanna be. [quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]Guiding Questions: 1. Are you going to talk to them about protective sex? 2. What age are you going to let them be in a relationship? 3. What age are you going to let them smoke/drink/get a tattoo? 4. What if you caught your child smoking weeds?[/quote] 1. Yes. I might break it to them subtly through the years. Raise them with the kind of mindset that sex is art and should be done beautifully and it'd just click to them that being a parent at a young age is a nightmare. 2. I am [i]hoping[/i] my future daughter won't get too into early high school years relationships because these are the years when guys are usually most douche-y towards girls. My son can date whoever the hell he wants. 3. I started my vices at a young age, so I'm really in no place to deny this opportunity to my son. Although I'd hope my daughter would start at around 16 or 17, when she's matured enough to know the repercussions and stuff. Besides, those who started drinking at a young age has a big chance to stop early, because eventually they'll come into thinking that they have been drinking for many years and would consider stopping (or at least just drink occasionally). 4. :lol3: I'd light a joint with them. That way, they won't have the motivation to sneak up on me. :lol3:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

I think I am going to be a strict parent HAHAHAHAHA. I know, I'm such a hypocrite coz I never listen to mine and strict parents usually produces the most rebellious teens but whatever. :xixi: [quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]1. Are you going to talk to them about protective sex?[/quote] [b]Daughter:[/b] No friggin way. I'll tell her to abstain. Idk how that will work out tho since sexually active teens gets younger and younger but I will do everything in my power not to let her taste sex until she's married. :lol3: [b]Son: [/b]Hell yea. I will disown him if he brings a pregnant girl home. :lol3: [quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]2. What age are you going to let be in a relationship?[/quote] [b]Daughter:[/b] When she graduates from College. :lol3: OMG. I'm so mean. Seriously tho, if she gets one when she's in highschool or College, she must let me meet the guy. :xixi: [b]Son[/b]: He can get a girlfriend anytime but he must also let me meet her. [quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]3. What age are you going to let them smoke/drink/get a tattoo?[/quote] [b]Smoke:[/b] NEVER. [b]Drink: [/b]College. [b]Tattoo:[/b] None for my daughter but if she insists, I'll ask her to put it somewhere it can't be seen and it has to be smallllll. :lol3: For my son, it's ok as long as it looks good on him. If not then I'll do anything to prevent him from getting a tattoo. (Yes, I'm gunna be a Spartan mummy) [quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]4. What if you caught your child smoking weeds?[/quote] Let his father talk to him/her. D:
bubblegum
 Khaleesi
bubblegum's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Topic Initiator
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

[quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]1. Are you going to talk to them about protective sex? -I'm gonna tell them of not having sex unless they're married. 2. What age are you going to let be in a relationship? -After they graduate from from college. 3. What age are you going to let them smoke/drink/get a tattoo? -Vices willnever be allowed. 4. What if you caught your child smoking weeds? -S/he will be subject to extreme disciplinary action/physical torture.[/quote] I 'm gonna be the best parent in the world :kiss:
ielle
 Gomeeeezzzz
» SuperFTalker
Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic Initiator
💚 Life 💚

A cool but strict parent. [quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]1. Are you going to talk to them about protective sex?[/quote] I'm gonna talk to them about everything that sex can do. Good things and bad things. I'll be the one to educate them about the right time to have sex. :D [quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]2. What age are you going to let be in a relationship?[/quote] I won't be strict about getting into relationship. I'll just guide them how to handle a good one. If I'll stop them, they might thinking of rebelling against us. [quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]3. What age are you going to let them smoke/drink/get a tattoo?[/quote] I won't allow them to learn how to smoke as far as I can. Drink? It's fine with me. Tattoo? Fine with me too. [quote=aya;#326665;1367309450]4. What if you caught your child smoking weeds?[/quote] I'll be the one to surrender him/her to authorities. Or I'll send him/her to a rehabilitation center. I won't tolerate this issue.

I'm gorjaaaaaas 🤰🏻
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=ielle;#326959;1367425294]I'll be the one to surrender him/her to authorities.[/quote] I don't think you would. :p I wouldn't do that to my own child.
ielle
 Gomeeeezzzz
» SuperFTalker
💚 Life 💚

[quote=aya;#327209;1367563122]I don't think you would. I wouldn't do that to my own child.[/quote] I can and I will. I already did that to one of my relatives here. :shrug:

I'm gorjaaaaaas 🤰🏻
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=ielle;#327210;1367563389]I can and I will. I already did that to one of my relatives here. :shrug:[/quote] But but but but she's your child! Your own flesh and blood! :lol2: And it's just weeds. Anyway, what did the authorities do to your relative? A little off topic but I'm curious. :xixi:
ielle
 Gomeeeezzzz
» SuperFTalker
💚 Life 💚

[quote=aya;#327831;1367920427]But but but but she's your child! Your own flesh and blood! And it's just weeds.[/quote] Yeah, it's just weeds. Maybe I'll send him to a rehab the first time I caught him. But the second and will be the last, it's his choice. Jail or rehab himself. [quote=aya;#327831;1367920427]Anyway, what did the authorities do to your relative? A little off topic but I'm curious.[/quote] They picked him up here in our house. And they sent him to jail. And since it's Friday night that day, no office the next day, and my cousin can't bail himself, he stayed inside the jail until Monday afternoon. And until now he's clueless that I was the one who sent him to jail. Because the police officer I called is my former 3rd year HS adviser. :shrug:

I'm gorjaaaaaas 🤰🏻
oniongurl
oniongurl's display avatar
» FTalkAgent
under your bed
2016-01-12

I want to be a cool one and just treat my children as if we're just buddies so that they can open up and express more themselves with me as thir parent. ^^ [b]1. Are you going to talk to them about protective sex?[/b] I don't think so. Haha. They'll find about it eventually at some point of their lives. But I'll talk to them and make them learn to save themselves for marriage and abstain from any sexual intercourse until they tie the knot. It's one of my values that I want to pass on to my children. [b]2. What age are you going to let be in a relationship? [/b] It depends. If I can see that they are mature enough and that the boy/girl they like pass in my standards, then go. I won't hold them back. [b]3. What age are you going to let them smoke/drink/get a tattoo?[/b] No particular age really comes into my mind. Hmmm.... as long as they are not troubled, then I'm fine with it. Even though I never drink and smoke and I will never. (tattoo is absolutely fine to me tho) [b]4. What if you caught your child smoking weeds?[/b] According to research weeds have good health effects too. Lol, but when I found them smoking weeds, I'll talk to them and ask why they are doing it. Shrink them. Also, I'll make a way for them to enjoy other things so they can at least avoid smoking weeds again.
badbadbad
 Rui Kenji
badbadbad's display avatar
» FTalkAddict
2015-07-13

1. Are you going to talk to them about protective sex? - if theyre in the right age already and if if my child is a boy. I'll let my wife do the talking for my daughter. 2. What age are you going to let be in a relationship? - 15 for my son and 20 for my daughter. 3. What age are you going to let them smoke/drink/get a tattoo? - i wont let them smoke and get a tattoo. 4. What if you caught your child smoking weeds? - i'll beat him. Lol

Last edited by badbadbad (2013-06-02 03:51:17)

ECKAdoodles
» FTalkAgent
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Decent Thread Starter
Team Savage
2015-02-20

[b]1. Are you going to talk to them about protective sex?[/b] Maybe, maybe not. I know that they'll be able to know it by themselves but definitely, there will be a time that I'll have this topic with my child. At the right time and age. Like, what would be the consequences of doing this and that. [b]2. What age are you going to let be in a relationship?[/b] I think 15 is okay but really, I don't care just as long as I can see that they're mature and responsible enough to be in it. [b]3. What age are you going to let them smoke/drink/get a tattoo?[/b] Drinking occasionally is okay but never will I let them smoke or get a tattoo. [b]4. What if you caught your child smoking weeds?[/b] I'll talk to them and ask why they are doing it. Seriously, I might cry in front of them so, I'll just let my husband do all the talking and stuffs. Hahaha.

Last edited by ECKAdoodles (2013-06-04 09:06:59)

chaw
» FTalkElite
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins

A disciplinarian but at the same time a mother. Open and loving to her kids. [i]awww[/i] my fingers are crossed that I'll be this kind of mother :lol3: Guiding Questions: (Optional) 1. Are you going to talk to them about protective sex? Yes. If they're old enough to hear it, I'm going to talk to them about it. I will also tell them about the possible consequences. However, I'm going to make sure they know what our family believes in: abstinence. I can't be a hypocrite and tell her "YOU CAN'T HAVE SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE" when I didn't do it myself. :um: So yeah, I have a role to play too. 2. What age are you going to let be in a relationship? Around 18. I really want to be open to my kids so they won't have anything to hide from me. Also, I won't even badmouth the guys/girls they like, but I want to meet them before they date, and have relationships with them so I know their personalities. 3. What age are you going to let them smoke/drink/get a tattoo? I won't let them smoke. They're going to grow up knowing what the consequences are and what secondhand smoking did to me. Drinking a shot or two to satisfy their curiosity is okay. Because parties at being 21 involve drinking anyways :lol2: But getting drunk, I will never allow them to even come to that point. No tattoos. I don't smoke or drink and I don't intend on getting a tatt, so they should do the same. 4. What if you caught your child smoking weeds? They're gonna grow up the right way so I'm just hoping it won't get to this far :lol2: If it did happen, then I'll talk to my kid about this kind of lifestyle, and encourage my kid to quit.
mndrl
 Mandy
» FTalkGeek
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!

1. Are you going to talk to them about protective sex? - at the right age when they can finally understand what i'm talking about and what i'm trying to say. AND they cant do it before marriage esp my girl 2. What age are you going to let be in a relationship? - around late adolescence 3. What age are you going to let them smoke/drink/get a tattoo? - smoking, na-uh. but they can drink occasionally. tattoo's fine, i guess but it has to be just really decent. i dont want some kean cipriano in my family :lol3: i want it hidden lol and my girl cannot have it 4. What if you caught your child smoking weeds? - im probably gonna give a sermon on substance abuse and dependence lol or their father can do the job. either way, the have to stop doing it
Pawws
 wethebipolars
Pawws's display avatar
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins
Manila

Honestly, I can say just whatever I want here. I can pretend I can be a really cool and awesome parent but what I really know is that I'll just end up being a strict one. I've had these parents who are very cool about anything and look what it got me, I end up raising myself. And I wouldn't want that ever to happen to my future child, because it sucks, big time. :paranoid: [b]#1: Are you going to talk to them about protective sex?[/b] Yes, at the right place and in the right time. I want her to realize these important things as soon as possible. But only... only if my child is too dumb to figure that having sex especially at a young age is definitely wrong and of course, unless she wants to already have a child. I'd have to spank her and maybe have her isolated if she is that kind. [b]#2: What age are you going to let be in a relationship? [/b] About this, well as long as she's smart and has got it all figured out. Any age around high school is fine with me, because I believe it's part of growing up. You gotta let them experience this, or they'll end up like one of those stupid girls in movies who are rebellious and arrogant and annoying. :l [b]#3: What age are you going to let them smoke/drink/get a tattoo?[/b] I will allow them to drink, occasionally, that's what I do. Oh and maybe let them have two or three piercings, but it shall never exceed on that. But smoking and having tattoos are definitely not possible. That's never gonna happen, child. [b]#4: What if you caught your child smoking weeds?[/b] I'm probably gonna have to shit my pants.
  • The Lounge 
  • » What Kind of Parent Do You Want To Be?

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 07:20

[ 9 queries - 0.034 second ]
Privacy Policy