FTalk Level: zero
Decent Thread Starter
I Envy
Se7en Deadly Sins
Seoul, PHL
2021-07-16
Website

Who's the best among these 4?

[b]Imagine Dragons[/b] is an American alternative rock band from Las Vegas, Nevada. The band gained exposure following the September 2012 release of their debut studio album, Night Visions, which peaked at number 2 on the weekly Billboard 200 chart. Following the release of [b]Night Visions[/b], Imagine Dragons embarked on a world tour, and performed on major late night shows. According to Billboard Imagine Dragons topped the year-end rock rankings for 2013. Billboard also named Imagine Dragons "The Breakthrough Band of 2013," and Rolling Stone named their single "Radioactive" "the biggest rock hit of the year." MTV also called them "the year's biggest breakout band." Imagine Dragons' line up includes vocalist Dan Reynolds, guitarist Wayne "Wing" Sermon, bassist Ben McKee and drummer Daniel Platzman. The band's debut album, Night Visions, is currently certified Platinum in eight countries, having sold over 2 million copies in the U.S. alone. The album is also certified gold in multiple countries. Imagine Dragons has released multiple EPs, including 2009's Imagine Dragons, 2010's Hell and Silence, 2011's It's Time, and 2012's Continued Silence and Hear Me. The band released a live album, Live at Independent Records, in April 2013 In response to their debut album, Imagine Dragons won an American Music Award for Favorite Alternative Artist, a Grammy Award for Best Rock Performance ("Radioactive"), and a Teen Choice Award ("Radioactive") [sub][i]via wikipedia[/i][/sub] [spoiler][youtube=400x300]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktvTqknDobU[/youtube][/spoiler] [b]One Republic[/b] is an American pop rock band from Colorado Springs, Colorado.Formed in 2003 by Ryan Tedder and Zach Filkins, the band achieved commercial success on MySpace as an unsigned act.In 2003, the band was discovered by actress Kelly Barrett in Hollywood and signed to Sony BMG for three years, before moving to Mosley Music Group. In 2007, OneRepublic released their debut album, [b]Dreaming Out Loud[/b]. Its lead single, "Apologize" was notably remixed by Timbaland, becoming a huge international success, reaching number one in sixteen countries, subsequently earning them a Grammy Award nomination. The second single, "Stop and Stare" mirrored its predecessor's success. The album was later certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The band's second album, [b]Waking Up (2009)[/b], produced the successful singles, "All the Right Moves", "Secrets", "Marchin On", and "Good Life", the latter reaching the top ten of the US Billboard Hot 100. OneRepublic's third album, [b]Native (2013)[/b], became the band's first top ten album on the Billboard 200, and highest charting album to date, charting at number four. The lead single, "If I Lose Myself" charted within the top ten in several countries, while the album's third single, "Counting Stars", became the band's most successful single in recent years, obtaining top five placements in Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, the U.S. and the UK. This marks their highest charting single in the United Kingdom to date. It has also peaked at number 2 on the US Billboard Hot 100, matching their highest peak of "Apologize" in 2007. [sub][i]via wikipedia[/i][/sub] [spoiler][youtube=400x300]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT_nvWreIhg[/youtube][/spoiler] [b]Maroon 5[/b] (formerly Kara's Flowers) is an American pop rock band that originated in Los Angeles, California. The group formed in 1994 as Kara's Flowers while its members were still in high school. With a line-up of Adam Levine, Jesse Carmichael, Mickey Madden, and Ryan Dusick, they signed to Reprise Records and released an album, The Fourth World, in 1997. After a tepid response to the album, the band parted ways with its record label, and its members attended college. In 2001, the band regrouped, adding James Valentine to the lineup and pursued a new direction under the name Maroon 5. Maroon 5 signed with Octone Records and released their debut album under the title [b]Songs About Jane[/b] in June 2002. The album's lead single, "Harder to Breathe", received heavy airplay, which helped the album to debut at number six on the Billboard 200 chart. The album's second and third singles, "This Love" and "She Will Be Loved", became worldwide hits reaching the top five on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The band recorded their second album, It Won't Be Soon Before Long in early 2007 and released it a few months later. The album reached number one on the US Billboard 200 chart, and its lead single, "Makes Me Wonder", became the band's first number-one song on the Billboard Hot 100. [b]Hands All Over[/b], the band's third studio album, was released in September 2010 and peaked at number two on the Billboard 200 chart. In 2011, the album was re-released and supported by their single "Moves like Jagger" featuring American singer Christina Aguilera. The song became the band's second single to reach number one on the Hot 100 chart; it has sold over 14.4 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling singles worldwide. The band released their fourth studio album, Overexposed, in June 2012. The album peaked at number two on the Billboard 200 chart. Its first two singles, "Payphone" and "One More Night", were both international hits and peaked at two and one on the Hot 100 chart respectively. [sub][i]via wikipedia[/i][/sub] [spoiler][youtube=400x300]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpTgCho5ZA[/youtube][/spoiler] [b]Bastille[/b] (stylised as BΔSTILLE) are an English Synth Pop band formed in London in 2010. They began as a solo project by singer-songwriter Dan Smith, who later decided to form a band. The four-piece consists of members; Dan Smith, Chris Wood, William Farquarson and Kyle Simmons. The name of the band derives from Bastille Day – an event celebrated on Smith's birthday, 14 July. In December 2010, EMI Music announced that they had offered Bastille a record contract with Virgin Records. Their debut single, "Overjoyed" was subsequently released in April 2012. Their second single, "Bad Blood" – which shares the same title as the band's first studio album, followed in August 2012,and achieved moderate success in the United Kingdom, charting at number ninety. The third track to be taken from [b]Bad Blood[/b], titled "Flaws", became the group's first to enter the charts inside the Top 40, debuting at number twenty-one. In February 2013, ahead of the release of their debut album, the band's fourth single, "Pompeii", was released to huge demand, charting at number two in the UK and number five in the US. Their first studio album, titled Bad Blood, was released in March 2013 and debuted atop the UK Albums Chart. The band was nominated for four Brit Awards at the 2014 ceremony, including for British Breakthrough Act, British Group, British Single of the Year and British Album of the Year, winning in the former category. As of February 2014, Bastille have sold over 2.07 million records in the UK alone. [sub][i]via wikipedia[/i][/sub] [spoiler][youtube=400x300]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90Cw4l-8NY[/youtube][/spoiler]

Last edited by PUSH (2014-03-28 11:40:49)

bobcbar[?] likes this topic.

Pawws
 wethebipolars
Pawws's display avatar
» FTalkElite
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Manila

Re: Who's the best among these 4?

i voted for one rep, since i loved their past songs but i also like imagine dragons and maroon 5 and bastille whuuuuuuuuuut
PUSH
 Alstreim
PUSH's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Decent Thread Starter
I Envy
Se7en Deadly Sins
Seoul, PHL
2021-07-16
Website

[quote=Pawws;#389496;1395854131]i voted for one rep, since i loved their past songs but i also like imagine dragons and maroon 5 and bastille whuuuuuuuuuut[/quote] Bastille are brtishhhhhhh yo~ I cant decided actually, i was asked by someone which i would go to a concert too. Well prolly imagine dragons but i stopped and stare :lol3: Theyre like my favourite bands this yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Pawws
 wethebipolars
Pawws's display avatar
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins
Manila

[quote=PUSH;#389507;1395855322]Bastille are brtishhhhhhh yo~[/quote] ikkkkkkk, i only liked his pompeii song huehuehue :lol2: [quote=PUSH;#389507;1395855322]Well prolly imagine dragons but i stopped and stare :lol3:[/quote] lmao HAHAHAHAH bad pun yah mine tooooooo, i freaking love demons o:
ECKAdoodles
» FTalkAgent
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Decent Thread Starter
Team Savage
2015-02-20

Waaaa! :no3: I don't know what to choose between Imagine Dragons, One Republic and Maroon5 but thinking of how hot Adam is.. :plotting: gosh! I just hit the button for Maroon5! :lol3::lol3::lol3:
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

Maroon 5 :thumbsup:
PUSH
 Alstreim
PUSH's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Decent Thread Starter
I Envy
Se7en Deadly Sins
Seoul, PHL
2021-07-16
Website

[quote=Pawws;#389522;1395858349]ikkkkkkk, i only liked his pompeii song huehuehue[/quote] This is the first song i listened to and i immediately liked them after listening to it for a sec. I got their album actually, you should listen to Bad Blood and Things we lost in the fire. Among all, well besides pompeii, those are their great hits. [quote=Pawws;#389522;1395858349]lmao HAHAHAHAH bad pun yah mine tooooooo, i freaking love demons o:[/quote] :lala::lala::lala::lala::lala::lala::lala::lala::lala::lala: Me too. I love Demons! Then Radio active, then On Top of the World, then, then well i love their whole album!! I have seen their live perfs (in youtube unfortunately :crybaby:) counts of times. I love the big ass drum they have. I freaking love them! I prolly influence everyone I know to listen to them. I successfully converted my sister and my friend haha. So far, only Boyce Avenue has done a good job in covering their songs. Nobody else can do it like Dan, nobody like ID. The video for Radioactive is freaky tho :-_-: [quote=ECKAdoodles;#389525;1395860549]Waaaa! I don't know what to choose between Imagine Dragons, One Republic and Maroon5 but thinking of how hot Adam is.. gosh! I just hit the button for Maroon5![/quote] If you rate it via HOTNESS category. Adam takes it home by a mile.. though Teddy is hot as well as Dan, in an adorkable kind of way. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, Id give Adam a run for his money with the other Dan (Bastille vocal) who is also hot (nothing less from the brits ya know) :drool2: [quote=bobcbar;#389526;1395860904]Maroon 5[/quote] Theyre the first among the 4 so theyre practically legends :thumbsup:
Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

Chose Bastille. Their style is very indie and although I like Imagine Dragons too for the roadtrip vibe, I thought Bastille gives me the most relaxing ambiance. Hehe.
bianx
 Megumi Kairi
bianx's display avatar
» FTalkAgent
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Refresh~
house

Maroon 5 for me. So ashamed I only know 2 bands from the list. -__- and.. I am not even sure about the songs of One republic so.. Maroon 5 :D
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=PUSH;#389531;1395862550]Theyre the first among the 4 so theyre practically legends[/quote] yes but still always near the top of many americans list :yes:
Pawws
 wethebipolars
Pawws's display avatar
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins
Manila

[quote=PUSH;#389531;1395862550]This is the first song i listened to and i immediately liked them after listening to it for a sec. I got their album actually, you should listen to Bad Blood and Things we lost in the fire. Among all, well besides pompeii, those are their great hits.[/quote] omaygad yesssssss! plus the music video itself was so weird and awesomeeeee. my first thought when i saw it play was 'wtff is happening to these people whut whutt, crazy :drool:' lmao i'll listen to that too, thanks for suggesting ate push :D [quote=PUSH;#389531;1395862550]So far, only Boyce Avenue has done a good job in covering their songs. Nobody else can do it like Dan, nobody like ID. The video for Radioactive is freaky tho :-_-:[/quote] i agree! IG's songs are so catchy, like its the perf song for figuring yourself and to ponder all your mistakes HAHAHAHAHAHAH [quote=PUSH;#389531;1395862550]I have seen their live perfs (in youtube unfortunately :crybaby:) counts of times[/quote] HAHAHAHAHAHAHh wtf thats ok ate push, dont cry :lol2: im sure when they come here, you'll be first to buy a ticket anyw =D
PUSH
 Alstreim
PUSH's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Decent Thread Starter
I Envy
Se7en Deadly Sins
Seoul, PHL
2021-07-16
Website

[quote=Tres;#389541;1395881096]Chose Bastille. Their style is very indie and although I like Imagine Dragons too for the roadtrip vibe, I thought Bastille gives me the most relaxing ambiance. Hehe[/quote] Its a hard choice if you compare Bastille and Imagine Dragons since their voices are incomparable to Adam and Teddy. But I like a lot of Imagine Dragons songs in their album (actually i love their whole album) than u know just a few songs from Bastille's Bad blood. What songs do u like from Bastille? Is Laura Palmer good? :lol3: [quote=bianx;#389602;1395906772]Maroon 5 for me. So ashamed I only know 2 bands from the list. -__- and.. I am not even sure about the songs of One republic so.. Maroon 5[/quote] Its because Maroon 5 are legendsssssssssss! :lol3: [quote=bobcbar;#389636;1395914371]yes but still always near the top of many americans list[/quote] Is it better than KPOP? :eh: [quote=Pawws;#389643;1395920056]omaygad yesssssss! plus the music video itself was so weird and awesomeeeee. my first thought when i saw it play was 'wtff is happening to these people whut whutt, crazy ' lmao i'll listen to that too, thanks for suggesting ate push[/quote] Pompeii? Omg that wasnt weird. That was actually scary. I mean their eyes, that scared me a littleee :peek::peek: I actually liked the song first before i have ever seen the video. Good thing becus when radioactive came out, i saw the video. I liked the song but the MV was so creepy, i skipped liking it lol. [quote=Pawws;#389643;1395920056]i agree! IG's songs are so catchy, like its the perf song for figuring yourself and to ponder all your mistakes HAHAHAHAHAHAH[/quote] [b]"Ponder all your mistakes"[/b] Wow. Thats a deep thought man. Really deep :O_o: [quote=Pawws;#389643;1395920056]HAHAHAHAHAHAHh wtf thats ok ate push, dont cry im sure when they come here, you'll be first to buy a ticket anyw[/quote] Oh of course, cause thats what i said when Maroon 5 came. And Super Junior (oh waitttt, i did watch their concert).. and SHINee and Girls Gen. Who else? :lol3: I will try to go, but im sure the tickets will be xpensivvvvvvvvvvvvvve
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=PUSH;#389788;1395988423]Is it better than KPOP?[/quote] For the music YES! but I still like watching the girls of KPOP :drool:
Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

[quote=PUSH;#389788;1395988423]Its a hard choice if you compare Bastille and Imagine Dragons since their voices are incomparable to Adam and Teddy. But I like a lot of Imagine Dragons songs in their album (actually i love their whole album) than u know just a few songs from Bastille's Bad blood. What songs do u like from Bastille? Is Laura Palmer good? :lol3:[/quote] Yeah I like all of them. But I like Maroon 5 the least (unpopular opinion :lol2:); I'm not sure why. But maybe it's because it's too party-ish for me, especially their latest songs. Although I like their song One More Night. I really like Dan Smith's (Bastille vocalist) voice. I think I have a soft spot for voices that sound like it's cracking (e.g. Alanis) hahahahaha :lol3: Laura Palmer is nice, yeah I like it. But my favourite Bastille song is Flaws. And they cover nice too. [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXyghHCJOT8[/youtube]
PUSH
 Alstreim
PUSH's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Decent Thread Starter
I Envy
Se7en Deadly Sins
Seoul, PHL
2021-07-16
Website

[quote=bobcbar;#389844;1396001970]For the music YES! but I still like watching the girls of KPOP[/quote] *turning into a kpop convo* I haven't heard of SNSD's Mr. Mr. Is it gooooooooooooood? :lol3: [quote=Tres;#389892;1396019937]Yeah I like all of them. But I like Maroon 5 the least (unpopular opinion ); I'm not sure why. But maybe it's because it'stoo party-ish for me, especially their latest songs. Although I like their song One More Night. I really like Dan Smith's (Bastille vocalist) voice. I think I have a soft spot for voices that sound like it's cracking (e.g. Alanis) hahahahaha Laura Palmer is nice, yeah I like it. But my favourite Bastille song is Flaws. And they cover nice too.[/quote] Haha Maroon 5, well i like their songs before better. U know from their Songs about Jane album. I mean those songs were so good, the lyrics and all. Least would probably be, Payphone? Its a little overrated. Oh yeah, and he's handsomee. thats the best part. I cant decide who is better looking between Adam and Dan honestly. He's british!!!!!!!! Im inlove with british boys :drool: Omg im fangirling hahahahaha, sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry. I forgot you're a guy alsu~ :um: no offense :-_-: I saw their live perf of pompeii from i think it was a french channel in youtube. His voice was like asdfghjkl;.. better than adam!!!!!!! The 2 dans (ID and Bastille), its hard to cover their songs. Their voice are very unique. Lol they covered a miley cyrus song. Im sure it will be 100x better than the original :thumbsup: Lemme listen to it :run2:
Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

[quote=PUSH;#389928;1396023344]Least would probably be, Payphone? Its a little overrated.[/quote] The only reason I started to not like Payphone is because someone I'm not friends with sang it in a school event :lol3: [quote=PUSH;#389928;1396023344]He's british!!!!!!!! Im inlove with british boys :drool: Omg im fangirling hahahahaha, sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry. I forgot you're a guy alsu~ :um: no offense :-_-:[/quote] Hahahahaha don't be sorry! I fanboy over british dudes too like Tom Hiddleston (because of Loki), Max Irons, Ben Barnes, and Andrew Garfield. Hahahahahahahaha [spoiler][i]"British accents are not sexy at all." - said no one ever.[/i][/spoiler] [quote=PUSH;#389928;1396023344]I saw their live perf of pompeii from i think it was a french channel in youtube. His voice was like asdfghjkl;.. better than adam!!!!!!! The 2 dans (ID and Bastille), its hard to cover their songs. Their voice are very unique.[/quote] oh ID vocalist is Dan too? Why do [i]Dan[/i]s have unique voices? idagdag mo pa si Danny O'Donoghue :lol3::lol3:
PUSH
 Alstreim
PUSH's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Decent Thread Starter
I Envy
Se7en Deadly Sins
Seoul, PHL
2021-07-16
Website

[quote=Tres;#390026;1396061761]The only reason I started to not like Payphone is because someone I'm not friends with sang it in a school event[/quote] Haha who? you're enemy? you're ex? :lol3: [quote=Tres;#390026;1396061761]Hahahahaha don't be sorry! I fanboy over british dudes too like Tom Hiddleston (because of Loki), Max Irons, Ben Barnes, and Andrew Garfield. Hahahahahahahaha[/quote] OMG if only u're a girl hahaha. Tom Hiddleston and Andrew Garfield :faint:. I mean Andrew Garfield :drool2:. He's like perfect. I know I'm destined for someone who is british, i mean bfore i thought my souldmate was a korean but now :plotting: Daniel Smith David Tennant Andrew Garfield Tom Hiddleston Danny O'Donoghue --- Yep! Definitely british :love: You fanboy more of like voice or acting skills right? Not how good they look? Because, you, um.. well, i really dont want you to turn into the darkside :um: (not that that is a darksidee kkk??) [quote=Tres;#390026;1396061761]oh ID vocalist is Dan too? Why do Dans have unique voices? idagdag mo pa si Danny O'Donoghue[/quote] Oh my god Yes!. I mean why didnt I include the script here? :facepalm:, It's going to be harder :lol3: Daniel and Danny are both british but Dan from ID is an American, they're from Las Vegas.I was about to go YEY FOR ENGLISH MEN! but Dan is an american :lol3: but his voice, no one can do it. haven't seen someone with a perfect cover. I mean, maybe u can? Do u sing?

Last edited by PUSH (2014-03-29 12:35:57)

Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

[quote=PUSH;#390154;1396110828]Haha who? you're enemy? you're ex? :lol3:[/quote] A friend of my ex to be exact :lol3: [quote=PUSH;#390154;1396110828]You fanboy more of like voice or acting skills right? Not how good they look? Because, you, um.. well, i really dont want you to turn into the darkside :um:[/quote] Oh no, it's okay! Among the four Brits I mentioned, the only acting I completely appreciate is Tom's. For the others, it's how good they look too :lol3: I'm straight but I fanboy over them in the sense where I'm sort of wishing I had their looks and accents. So I end up fanboying over them. If we ever watch Adam Levine sing, you'd most likely hear me say, "Oh my god he is so pogi. I think I might be gay." :lol3::lol3: And you mentioned David Tennant. The pogiest Doctor HAHAHAHAHAHHAA [quote=PUSH;#390154;1396110828]I mean why didnt I include the script here? :facepalm:, It's going to be harder :lol3:[/quote] Yeah Push don't make it harder than it already is :lol3: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh no I don't sing. Definitely not. You wouldn't want to hear me sing i swear :lol3: do you?
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

Imagine Dragons :thumbsup: But I fucking voted for null damnit. :lol2:

Last edited by aya (2014-04-02 12:20:08)

chaw
» FTalkElite
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins

Honestly I like them all because their styles of music are a bit different so I can't really say which one is the best. But I've been listening to Bastille these past few days because...he told me to. :lol3: And I fell inlove HAHAHAHAH Especially when he has collaborations with Ella Eyre or Rudimental. They have a lot of great music in Europe and we're definitely missing out.
  • Music 
  • » Who's the best among these 4?

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 13:19

[ 10 queries - 0.055 second ]
Privacy Policy