We're also on discord.

discord.gg/8Q2UqfWC9r

How Do We Know That God Exist?

aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
FTalk Level: zero
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

How Do We Know That God Exist?

How?
Pawws
 wethebipolars
Pawws's display avatar
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins
Manila

Re: How Do We Know That God Exist?

We don't. ugh religious talks are so complicated :faint:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=Pawws;#390472;1396279614]ugh religious talks are so complicated :faint:[/quote] This is a forum anyway so let our opinions clash. :lol3::lol3:

Last edited by aya (2014-03-31 11:49:53)

chaw
» FTalkElite
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins

We do. Look outside. There's only so much a human mind can comprehend.
bianx
 Megumi Kairi
bianx's display avatar
» FTalkAgent
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Refresh~
house

We can know that God exist if we accept it with our whole heart that he is really existing. Like, if he is not true, who is the one responsible for the creation of the universe? creation of us. Our feelings? The incompleteness we feel every single day, even though in reality, we have all the things we needed to be alive? I once overheard this thing, don't know if it's in school or public place, -- "We always feel incomplete because God wants us to come to him and let him fulfill the incompleteness we are feeling" i dont know the exact words but I guess the thought is just like that :lol2:

Last edited by bianx (2014-04-01 02:16:10)

Ajcakes
  Franco
Ajcakes's display avatar
» FTalkAddict
Free hugs.
Team Savage
2015-03-07
Website

Popcorn please. :lol2: Let's just hope that He shows His face ten years from now. :cheers:

Last edited by Ajcakes (2014-04-01 22:29:48)

Pawws
 wethebipolars
Pawws's display avatar
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins
Manila

For me, God doesn't really exist, it is only the idea that a God exists that makes people batshit-crazy. But even so, I'm still a Christian. And I do believe in the idea of God. :lol2: [spoiler]The idea of him makes it sound so beautiful and less-depressing about the world. The idea of believing in him makes you think twice about yourself, should you or should you not is the question. The mere reason why people believe in God is because of the possibility of being saved, having another life after death and going to heaven. It has always been about it. If not, then why else would we believe in the idea of him in the first place? Even if you will, there's still no assurance you'll go to heaven. So how will not believing in the idea of him make any difference? Nobody really knows anything. And yet we still believe in it. Because just like an idea, it's immortal.[/spoiler]

Last edited by Pawws (2014-04-02 02:31:14)

bubblegum
 Khaleesi
bubblegum's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Topic Initiator
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

Questioning the existence of an idea or a persona reaffirms the fact that it exists.
Chan
» FTalker
Se7en Deadly Sins
2018-12-03

Last edited by Chan (2017-02-09 06:52:31)

zanza
 Bogem
zanza's display avatar
» FTalker
2014-05-14

[quote=Chan;#390912;1396437602]the reason the topic of God weighed so heavily right now, is because God is pressing the issue. You have come here to find out that God wants to be known. He created us with the intention that we would know him. He has surrounded us with evidence of himself, you just need to sit down and read.[/quote] Why can't God just show himself up, that'll shut us all up.
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=bubblegum;#390874;1396415535]Questioning the existence of an idea or a persona reaffirms the fact that it exists.[/quote] How so? The burden of proof lies with the theists rather than the atheists. If I told you I have 3 breasts, you'd usually respond with "pic or didn't happen" so what's the difference this time? I'm on the theist side btw. Just stirring things up a bit. :xixi:

Last edited by aya (2014-04-03 11:36:11)

Principe Azheef
 ♕Zheefy Harmonia Mysteri…
Principe Azheef's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
✌...?!✌
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
♖Reverse World ♖

[quote=Chan;#390912;1396437602][quote=Pawws;#390862;1396411316]For me, God doesn't really exist[/quote] [quote=Pawws;#390862;1396411316]But even so, I'm still a Christian[/quote] that makes no sense [quote=Pawws;#390862;1396411316]The idea of him makes it sound so beautiful and less-depressing about the world.[/quote] [quote=Pawws;#390862;1396411316]Even if you will, there's still no assurance you'll go to heaven. So how will not believing in the idea of him make any difference?[/quote] my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge, hosea 4:6 [quote=Pawws;#390862;1396411316]The mere reason why people believe in God is because of the possibility of being saved, having another life after death and going to heaven.[/quote] nah its to feel the joy, the anointing of the spirit and unconditional love having a sense of peace, to have refuge and strength, a saving grace. [quote=Pawws;#390862;1396411316]If not, then why else would we believe in the idea of him in the first place?[/quote] god is love, 1 john 4:8 -- my god can snap there will be light, my god can snap and the world will shake, my god can snap and mountains will be moved. my god should probably smack you for saying all that :snob: but my God is everyones God. he loves everybody and he understands -- [quote=aya;#390464;1396278384]How?[/quote] read the book answer everywhere the truth is there even science agrees with it [spoiler]- the earth free-floats in space (Job 26:7), affected only by gravity. while other sources declared the earth sat on the back of an elephant or turtle, the bible alone states what we now know to be true - "He hangs the earth on nothing." - the earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22). At a time when many thought the earth was flat, the Bible told us that the earth is spherical. - there are mountains on the bottom of the ocean floor (Jonah 2:5-6). only in the last century have we discovered that there are towering mountains and deep trenches in the depths of the sea. - blood is the source of life and health (Leviticus 17:11; 14). Up until 120 years ago, sick people were "bled" and many died as a result (e.g. George Washington). today we know that healthy blood is necessary to bring life-giving nutrients to every cell in the body. God declared that "the life of the flesh is in the blood" long before science understood its function. - our bodies are made from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; 3:19). scientists have discovered that the human body is comprised of some 28 base and trace elements - all of which are found in the earth. - ice Age inferred (Job 38:29-30). Prior to the global Flood the earth was apparently subtropical. However shortly after the Flood, the Bible mentions ice often - "By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen" (Job 37:10). Evidently the Ice Age occurred in the centuries following the Flood. - the universe had a beginning (Genesis 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12). starting with the studies of Albert Einstein in the early 1900s and continuing today, science has confirmed the biblical view that the universe had a beginning. when the Bible was written most people believed the universe was eternal. Science has proven them wrong, but the Bible correct. - the continents were created as one large land mass (Genesis 1:9-10). Many geologists agree there is strong evidence that the earth was originally one super continent - just as the Bible said way back in Genesis. - God has created all mankind from one blood (Acts 17:26; Genesis 5). Today researchers have discovered that we have all descended from one gene pool. For example, a 1995 study of a section of Y chromosomes from 38 men from different ethnic groups around the world was consistent with the biblical teaching that we all come from one man (Adam) - origin of the major language groups explained (Genesis 11). After the rebellion at Babel, God scattered the people by confounding the one language into many languages. Evolution teaches that we all evolved from a common ancestor, yet offers no mechanism to explain the origin of the thousands of diverse languages in existence today. - God has given us just the right amount of water to sustain life (Isaiah 40:12). We now recognize that if there was significantly more or less water, the earth would not support life as we know it. -Animal and plant extinction explained (Jeremiah 12:4; Hosea 4:3). According to evolution, occasionally we should witness a new kind springing into existence. Yet, this has never been observed. On the contrary, as Scripture explains, since the curse on all creation, we observe death and extinction (Romans 8:20-22). - Do not consume blood (Leviticus 17:12). A common ritual in many religions in the ancient world was to drink blood. However, the Creator repeatedly told His people to abstain from blood (Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 3:17; Acts 15:20; 21:25). Of course, modern science reveals that consuming raw blood is dangerous - Environmental devastation of the planet foreseen (Revelation 11:18). Though evolution imagines that things should be getting better, the Bible foresaw what is really occurring today: pollution, destruction and corrupt dominion. - Man is "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14). We are only beginning to probe the complexity of the DNA molecule, the eye, the brain, and all the intricate components of life. No human invention compares to the marvelous wonders of God's creation. - Animals do not have a conscience (Psalm 32:9). A parrot can be taught to swear and blaspheme, yet never feel conviction. Many animals steal, but they do not experience guilt. If man evolved from animals, where did our conscience come from? The Bible explains that man alone was created as a moral being in God's image. - Love explained (Matthew 22:37-40; 1 John 4:7-12). Evolution cannot explain love. Yet, God's Word reveals that the very purpose of our existence is to know and love God and our fellow man. God is love, and we were created in His image to reflect His love - The cause of suffering revealed (Genesis 3; Isaiah 24:5-6). The earth is subject to misery, which appears at odds with our wonderfully designed universe. However, the Bible, not evolution, explains the origin of suffering. When mankind rebelled against God, the curse resulted - introducing affliction, pain and death into the world. - The solution to suffering (Revelation 21). Neither evolution nor religion offers a solution to suffering. But God offers heaven as a gift to all who trust in His Son. In heaven, "God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away" (Revelation 21:4). I could go on and on but this is too long to read heres the link though http://www.raptureforums.com/BibleProphecy/101science.cfm[/spoiler] theres a reason why its the only book that survived after 4,500 years and there's a reason why its written, to guide his people and believe it or not the reason the topic of God weighed so heavily right now, is because God is pressing the issue. You have come here to find out that God wants to be known. He created us with the intention that we would know him. He has surrounded us with evidence of himself, you just need to sit down and read.[/quote] Your point really make sense...I agree! :)

Last edited by Principe Azheef (2014-04-02 10:35:09)

chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

I don't get how you say you're a Christian but you just believe in the "idea" of God. :/ I think it's either you believe there [i]is[/i] a God or you believe there isn't. And that's fine if you're either black and white. The grays are hard to figure out. Christianity isn't about the idea that there is a god. Idk what religion that is. Honestly I don't know what "God" this topic is pertaining to--or which belief. Christianity is the only belief that is set apart from the others because the gods of other religions are dead--there may be afterlife but their gods aren't gonna come back to save us. And it's actually sad how the people back then just created their own religion--because they needed something to hold on to sooooo bad. But now His word is spreading across all nations and the word is being preached and people are being saved. God isn't an idea. Because if He is, then man, His followers must be crazy super genius smart prodigies that they were able to write all 66 books in the Bible (and some are even written in beautiful poetry). I mean, who will take their time just to write the Book of Psalms?! (100+ chapters) in the bible?! Hahahaha. That amazes me! and if He is an idea, man, this idea mustve been so great that it changed me. I'm not even worthy enough to say this because I know some of my actions contradict what I say here. :( There IS assurance that you will go to heaven. in 1 John 5:13 (I write these things [the Scripture] to you who BELIEVE in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.) Even if you're an atheist, it'll still be awesome if you try to read the Bible and find out what it says about everything. Just make sure not to take the scripture [u]out[/u] of context. [hr] And yeah i agree our initial reaction would be "pic or it didnt even happen." This is basically what Thomas said to Jesus. Thomas: Is it really you? Jesus: yes it's me Thomas: Pic or it didn't happen Jesus: *shows his hands with holes in it* Blessed are those who believe even without having to see it. :lol: [hr] Yeah I need some popcorn too. *Hits subscribe button* I love this thread. :chew:

Last edited by chaw (2014-04-02 14:07:09)

aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=chaw;#391026;1396461836]And yeah i agree our initial reaction would be "pic or it didnt even happen." This is basically what Thomas said to Jesus.[/quote] Is this an assurance that all doubters will go to heaven? :xixi: Coz Thomas did, and he's even a one of the [i]twelve[/i] friggin disciple for crying out loud. :lol3:
chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

Well thomas did doubt but after that, he believed. The goal is that doubters will eventually believe. :thumbsup: Hahahah idk I like that passage because The disciples who were there with Thomas probably said something like "Ooooooh burn. Told ya He's real!" :lol2:
Chan
» FTalker
Se7en Deadly Sins
2018-12-03

Last edited by Chan (2017-02-09 06:52:21)

bramzero
bramzero's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Purgatory
Website

[quote=chaw;#391026;1396461836]God isn't an idea. Because if He is, then man, His followers must be crazy super genius smart prodigies that they were able to write all 66 books in the Bible (and some are even written in beautiful poetry). I mean, who will take their time just to write the Book of Psalms?! (100+ chapters) in the bible?! Hahahaha.[/quote] are you saying god authored all the books in bible himself? hahaha
bubblegum
 Khaleesi
» FTalkFreak
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

The last time i answered a similar thread like this, i got really worked up and wrote tldr posts and what you replied, Aya, was just a sentence. :lol3: so i will not indulge in this anymore :lol2: have fun guys :p
bubblegum
 Khaleesi
» FTalkFreak
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

[quote=bramzero;#391083;1396506318][quote=chaw;#391026;1396461836]God isn't an idea. Because if He is, then man, His followers must be crazy super genius smart prodigies that they were able to write all 66 books in the Bible (and some are even written in beautiful poetry). I mean, who will take their time just to write the Book of Psalms?! (100+ chapters) in the bible?! Hahahaha.[/quote] are you saying god authored all the books in bible himself? hahaha[/quote] Yes. Oh and you're prolly gonna say, Man wrote the bible. Man make mistakes so the bible is subject to mistakes. Actually, the people who wrote the bible was empowered by the Holy Spirit that not a single prophecy contradicted with another. Not even the old one from the new one. So why did God used man to write the bible? Well, because animals cant write. Duh. The scripture is God-breathed... 2 Timothy 3:16
chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

@bramzero no what im saying is who would spend all of their life writing things like that if it was just an idea? Hahahaha. One can't be inspired that much because a single idea @bubblegum lmao "animals cant write" :lol2: What do you mean by "mistakes"? o:

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 07:43

[ 9 queries - 0.035 second ]
Privacy Policy