bubblegum's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
FTalk Level: zero
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Topic Initiator
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

Pro or anti-death penalty?

Do you think criminals deserve to be sentenced to death? Specifically those crimes receiving lifetime imprisonment as a punishment. Or are you against it and think it's inhumane to approve death penalty since the criminals are still human beings like us?
Pawws
 wethebipolars
Pawws's display avatar
» FTalkElite
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Manila

Re: Pro or anti-death penalty?

Sorry, but I'm pro. With everything that has been happening in the Philippines, all the crimes and such, parang wala ng kinakakatakutan yung mga criminals... like when they get imprisoned, they don't even worry because they can always bail out or find a way of getting out of it eventually. Tapos pa-ulit-ulit nalang, wala ng pagbabago sa bansa. =| We should eliminate more people or tayo lang lalo maghihirap. Sorry, I'm not really very nice... it's a selfish act but I think it's what's best for the Philippines in order for us to advance. Replace the government if need be.
bramzero
bramzero's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Purgatory
Website

Pro :thumbsup: Prisons are more like school for thugs anyway so once they get in they should be finished quick. Lifetime imprisonment is a waste of taxpayer's money.
zanza
 Bogem
zanza's display avatar
» FTalker
2014-05-14

There are many circumstances surrounding some criminal's cases and it's hard to say if death is the best form of punishment. Why give them an easy way out when they can rot in prison?
bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

[quote=bramzero;#395945;1397463686]Pro Prisons are more like school for thugs anyway so once they get in they should be finished quick. Lifetime imprisonment is a waste of taxpayer's money.[/quote] :thumbsup:
bubblegum
 Khaleesi
» FTalkFreak
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

I am in conflict. :lol2: as much as i want to see due process of law being followed, i feel the need to let this country feel the grip of an iron hand. It would make the criminals think twice before doing something unlawful.
zanza
 Bogem
zanza's display avatar
» FTalker
2014-05-14

[quote=bubblegum;#396623;1397558544]i feel the need to let this country feel the grip of an iron hand. It would make the criminals think twice before doing something unlawful.[/quote] What a naive mindset. Do you really think criminals care about whether there's a death penalty or not?
chaw
» FTalkElite
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins

I still don't like the death penalty. I can't be black or white about it. Who gets to decide if a person is to receive the death penalty? It's like measuring their crimes when in reality you can't really measure it without looking at it subjectively. I prefer them to be sentenced in prison for 99 years. At least you get to talk to them and see if they've been spending the first half of the sentence rethinking the things they did. Some of them get to that point, and when they realized it, they usually hang themselves dead in their cell.
bubblegum
 Khaleesi
» FTalkFreak
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

[quote]What a naive mindset. Do you really think criminals care about whether there's a death penalty or not?[/quote] -of course they do. Some criminals commit crimes to provide the needs for their family. Some do it to get rich instantly. Others seek the thrill of doing something against the moral and legal laws. Others just have a fucked-up mind. It's all about existence. It's all about life. It's not just staying alive but the point of living. Take that away from a criminal and he'll think twice of doing something that would compromise his existence or his purpose of existence.
zanza
 Bogem
zanza's display avatar
» FTalker
2014-05-14

[quote=chaw;#396683;1397563417]It's like measuring their crimes when in reality you [b]can't really measure it[/b] without looking at it subjectively.[/quote] Of course you can, that's what trials are for. [quote=bubblegum;#396820;1397570755]Some criminals commit crimes to provide the needs for their family.[/quote] They don't care whether they die or not as long they can provide for their family. It's a do or die thing. [quote=bubblegum;#396820;1397570755]Some do it to get rich instantly.[/quote] Similar with above. [quote=bubblegum;#396820;1397570755]Others just have a fucked-up mind.[/quote] Which is why they do not care about anything at all. [quote=bubblegum;#396820;1397570755]It's not just staying alive but the point of living.[/quote] No. It's all about not getting caught. Do you think criminals will rob a bank if they knew they'd get killed in the end? They'd see it as an opportunity and they will do whatever it takes not to face the consequence whether it is the death sentence or death penalty.

Last edited by zanza (2014-04-15 10:24:17)

chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

Of course you can, that's what trials are for. True, they use the constitution as their basis. But people are getting less and less restrictive, that you can actually twist the Constitution and have a whole different interpretation on it. For others, what isn't in the Constitution isn't necessarily forbidden. what do you think of a president giving the criminal a pardon?
bubblegum
 Khaleesi
» FTalkFreak
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

They don't care whether they die or not as long they can provide for their family. It's a do or die thing. -and that is their point of living, to provide for their family even when their life is at stake. Similar with above. -ditto Which is why they do not care about anything at all. - and that is their way of living because their minds are unable to grasp morality and sanctions of violating it. They do not feel morally responsible towards others because their minds twist logic and reality, which is why some are sent to mental institutions and not to prisons. No. It's all about not getting caught. Do you think criminals will rob a bank if they knew they'd get killed in the end? They'd see it as an opportunity and they will do whatever it takes not to face the consequence whether it is the death sentence or death penalty. - again, that is their point of existence. You can't generalize the criminals because they have different minds and motives. If they're thrill seekers, then what? My point is, some do it by choice (against their will or not) and others are just mentally ill but if they know that their life will be cut off if they commit heinous crime, their happy hour will end. A head of the family would think twice before mugging a person or being a burglar since his family depends on him to provide for their basic needs. Tightening the system of justice would invariably yield good result especially when you take away bail on small crimes like robbery. what do you think of a president giving the criminal a pardon? -it's his privilege. The same way his family gets to live in Malacañang or not be arrested by the police for any crime committed (he has to be impeached from his position first and once he's no longer a president, he can be arrested). [hr] Offtopic. Typing on mobile is a pain in the neck........ Next time, i'm just gonna answer 'truth is relative' to topics like this. Haha

Last edited by bubblegum (2014-04-15 20:40:59)

zanza
 Bogem
zanza's display avatar
» FTalker
2014-05-14

[quote=chaw;#396852;1397573961]what do you think of a president giving the criminal a pardon?[/quote] [img]http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/politics.jpg[/img] [quote=bubblegum;#396949;1397608011]You can't generalize the criminals because they have different minds and motives. If they're thrill seekers, then what? My point is, some do it by choice (against their will or not) and others are just mentally ill but if they know that their life will be cut off if they commit heinous crime, their happy hour will end. A head of the family would think twice before mugging a person or being a burglar since his family depends on him to provide for their basic needs.[/quote] Yes I am generalizing because death penalty doesn’t prevent or reduce crime. When was the last time a wealthy person or politician charged with plunder sent to the death row? [quote=bubblegum;#396949;1397608011]Tightening the system of justice would invariably yield good result especially when you take away bail on small crimes like robbery.[/quote] Doing that will only congest the prison.
Tricia
 π
Tricia's display avatar
» FTalkElite
Some FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Topic InitiatorSome FTalkers ♥ Me!
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
2019-08-14
Website

Anti

Mao: "Unless the problem of method is solved, talk about the task is useless."
kayeelsters
 Kayeel
kayeelsters's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!Decent Thread Starter
Like a Boss
2019-03-11
Website

Anti of cos! no one has the right to take somebody elses life I believe!
chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

I wrote a paper about capital punishment this semester. Of course I argued that I'm against it :lol2:
Pawws
 wethebipolars
Pawws's display avatar
» FTalkElite
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Manila

Still pro.

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 19:09

[ 9 queries - 0.019 second ]
Privacy Policy