Announcement

We are moving to Friendster.click

Join us: www.friendster.click/join-friendster

We're also on discord.

discord.gg/8Q2UqfWC9r

Are mandatory english classes really necessary?

chaw
» FTalkElite
FTalk Level: zero
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins

Are mandatory english classes really necessary?

With the abundance of resources that we have in the internet today, what do you think? Do you think schools should still require it? Or do you think think upper-level English classes (the ones that make you read literary pieces) should just be reserved for those who want to major in English and Literature? Do you agree that the only reason why the rest of the world speaks English is because the United States is ("was" is probably the better verb, seeing how crappy the economy is right now) the leading country in the world? China is leading too. Do you see all of us learning Chinese just to find jobs there? :xixi:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

Re: Are mandatory english classes really necessary?

I will segway a bit from the topic. Grammatical mistake is understandable since it isn't our native language but if you can't even differentiate [b]you're[/b] with [b]your[/b], [b]who's[/b] with [b]whose[/b], [b]they're[/b] with [b]their [/b]then I think you need to go back to the gradeschool. Another common mistake: Do/Does/Did + [b]PRESENT tense[/b] of the [u]verb.[/u] [s]Did I told you?[/s] Did I [i]tell[/i] you? [s]Did you received my package?[/s] Did you [i]receive[/i] my package? [s]Does she wrote letters to you?[/s] Does she [i]write[/i] letters to you? [quote=chaw;#399636;1398143536]China is leading too. Do you see all of us learning Chinese just to find jobs there? :xixi:[/quote] I'd rather learn Japanese or Korean.
Pawws
 wethebipolars
Pawws's display avatar
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins
Manila

^wew, that reminds me a lot of someone. :xixi: :lol3: jke @t: it should be mandatory. i have no further explanation why. lulz

Last edited by Pawws (2014-04-22 03:32:09)

aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

I still have a lot of problems with the English language because most of the time we translate directly from tagalog. [b]For example:[/b] [i]Meron ka bang babae o lalakeng kapatid? [/i] [s]Do you have sisters or brothers?[/s] [color=green]Do you have siblings?[/color] But English is just a language, so don't fret too much if you suck at it. Ehem wakakakaka. :lol3::lol3: Tunie was bad at it before too but now he's like super good, maybe better than me. :lol:
chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

Yeah I agree. I think the best way to learn English (or ANY language at all) is to verbally speak it and have a conversation with it. :thumbsup: It's hard to learn english in school especially when the English teacher in school sucks at speaking it. i think socioeconomic status also plays a role. If you were born poor, you probably went to a poorly funded school...and vice versa. But man, the internet is basically the key. :lol2:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=chaw;#399733;1398152655]Yeah I agree. I think the best way to learn English (or ANY language at all) is to verbally speak it and have a conversation with it. :thumbsup:[/quote] Do you think you got better in English because you're in US? :lol: Do you have the english slang accent? Do you also have the distinct Texas accent? :lol: [quote=chaw;#399733;1398152655]It's hard to learn english in school e[b]specially when the English teacher in school sucks[/b] at speaking it.[/quote] So fucking true. Did you know that I also used to do this mistake [b]DID + PAST TENSE[/b]. 17 years in school and nobody ever friggin corrected me??!! :lol3: Like I only learned that it was wrong when my super sarcastic friend who invited me to ftalk pointed out that I sucked in english HAHHAHAHAHAHA. :lol3::lol3: I was gunna say a few more things but I keep forgetting. :-_-: I think it's your siggy chaw. Paww has that temporary amnesia effect. :lol3::lol3::lol3:
chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

@aya yes definitely! gah I'll die here if I don't force myself to speak English. You just really have to train your brain "k survival mode. speak english!" :lol2: And I'm not really sure if I have the english slang accent--maybe just a little bit. Because i know filipinos can still tell if I grew up here or I moved here. I don't have the Texas accent but I deff know how to copy it :lol3: dude me too. HAHAHAHHAHAHA I THINK EVERYBODY HAD THAT MISTAKE!!! HAHAHAHHA Gah I'm so glad the old ftalk is gone forever. I don't wanna see my sucky english posts :lol3: HAHAHAH off topic: Yeah I hope i don't dream about pawws' face cuz honestly this siggy is so freakin scary hahahahaha
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=chaw;#399744;1398153816]@aya yes definitely! gah I'll die here if I don't force myself to speak English. You just really have to train your brain "k survival mode. speak english!" :lol2: And I'm not really sure if I have the english slang accent--maybe just a little bit. Because i know filipinos can still tell if I grew up here or I moved here. I don't have the Texas accent but I deff know how to copy it :lol3:[/quote] We understand english right but it's really different when the muricans speak it. It's too hard to follow sometimes. But they're way easier to understand than the thick british accent. Nosebleed. [quote=chaw;#399744;1398153816]dude me too. HAHAHAHHAHAHA I THINK EVERYBODY HAD THAT MISTAKE!!! HAHAHAHHA Gah I'm so glad the old ftalk is gone forever. I don't wanna see my sucky english posts :lol3: HAHAHAH[/quote] Fuck chaw I was even proud of myself because english profs like me and I had the best in english award in gradeschool. Like wtf? It's all a lieeeeeeee. Damn you school. Damn you teachers. :lol3::lol3::lol3: [quote=chaw;#399744;1398153816]off topic: Yeah I hope i don't dream about pawws' face cuz honestly this siggy is so freakin scary hahahahaha[/quote] Okay, I remembered what I was gunna say. :lol3::lol3: I hate it when TV shows (cartoons/movies) changed english dubs to tagalog. -_____- I don't understand the point.

Last edited by aya (2014-04-22 06:26:16)

zanza
 Bogem
zanza's display avatar
» FTalker
2014-05-14

How else am I going to understand you if we do not learn English?
chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

[quote=zanza;#399810;1398162453]How else am I going to understand you if we do not learn English?[/quote] There are so many ways to learn English. I was asking about whether it's still necessary to take CLASSES in school (and maybe pay for them too) just to learn English.

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 20:20

[ 9 queries - 0.026 second ]
Privacy Policy