We're also on discord.

discord.gg/8Q2UqfWC9r

Closure in a Failed Relationship

John Doe
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
2014-05-12

Closure in a Failed Relationship

I dont know if there's a topic like this but can you tell me your thoughts about this. Is it necessary to have a closure so the both of you can move on after the break up?
Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

Re: Closure in a Failed Relationship

I believe it's necessary especially when one party needs or deserves to know the reason of the break up. Some people whose lovers have broken up with them need to hear an explanation because 1) they could learn from it so they can 2) avoid doing that mistake in their next relationship and 3) it's for the sake of their sanity. As for the people who broke up with their lovers need to offer the explanation because 1) they might feel less guilty about it, 2) they are humane enough to feel that it's their responsibility to end it well, and 3) to avoid crazy ex dramas :lol3: Although I tried offering an explanation when I broke up with an ex. She didn't want to hear it and I felt a bit taken aback. It actually felt like my act of respect was rejected. I listened to her and didn't explain further. So yeah maybe it's not necessary for some people. Why they think so, I'd really like to know why.
mrjpc07
 Hyper !
mrjpc07's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
Topic InitiatorFTalkers ♥♥ Me!

It's really hard for someone to move on after breakup.. So for me, it's really necessary to give atleast a valid reason for breaking up.. or else it will make someone's life miserable. [quote=Tres;#373320;1383483552]Although I tried offering an explanation when I broke up with an ex. She didn't want to hear it and I felt a bit taken aback. It actually felt like my act of respect was rejected. I listened to her and didn't explain further.[/quote] Maybe she's already expecting that breakup.. or maybe she is a daughter of a fortune-teller :lol3:
michiiella
michiiella's display avatar
» FTalkAddict
PANDORAs BOX
2014-05-21

[quote=Tres;#373320;1383483552]Although I tried offering an explanation when I broke up with an ex. She didn't want to hear it and I felt a bit taken aback. It actually felt like my act of respect was rejected. I listened to her and didn't explain further.[/quote] Really? What was her reaction at that time? Was she shouting at you or was she indifferent? @t: yes it's necessary especially if you were friends before you got together. There are cases where despite breaking off, couples still remained as friends.
rph
rph's display avatar
» FTalkAddict
2021-12-08

[quote=Tres;#373320;1383483552]Although I tried offering an explanation when I broke up with an ex. She didn't want to hear it and I felt a bit taken aback. It actually felt like my act of respect was rejected. I listened to her and didn't explain further.[/quote] I've been on that situation for so many times. For me, a break up is the end of everything, since on my part, it was them who always initiated the break up so once they said that "Raph, let's call it quits..this isn't not working anymore". That's my cue to exit, they were trying to explain further but I refused to listen because it hurts me more and I already understand that they were not happy anymore so I let them go right away. [i]Ganun ako kadali kausap.[/i]:lol3: --- Love issue of unfinished businesses..:lol: For me, it should be necessary. If you're going to hurt someone, give it your kill shot, [i]iwanan mo nang patay.[/i] No doubts. No open endings. This is of course, is ideal. In an ideal world people will tell us their intentions, their plans, their rationales. But that's too far from reality, there are people who just don't care to give you an ending, there are people who don't want to be the reason of the ending and there are people who don't want to be tagged as the "bad guy" in the relationship that's why they chose to leave you hanging in the midair. Now, if you're one those people left with such a big question, do not look for an answer. It will never be given. You must learn to accept that some questions are best answered with [i]"I don't know"[/i]. A good thing life is an exam with no answer key, you can make your own answer. So instead of asking yourself [i]"Why?"[/i] Give yourself the honor of answering the question with [i]"Kasi I am a great guy and I deserve better."[/i] :)
chaw
» FTalkElite
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins

I would have to agree with @michiiella here. I don't think closure is necessary but if we were good friends before and formed a great bond, then it may be necessary. I don't think I'll be able to live knowing my ex/friend is mad at me. Some people need an explanation and some people just don't (flings, maybe). I never had the courage to talk to any of my ex boyfriends right after we broke up, usually because I lost affections for them already and I was too much of a coward to give them the real reason. For my previous relationships, though, both of us did not need any form of closure because we weren't friends, but our relationship just sprung from hook-ups that lasted longer than they should. But I've learned from them and now that I want a guy whom I am great friends with, and I'm thinking closure is definitely necessary. It can either save the friendship, or not.
Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

[quote=mrjpc07;#373352;1383491884]Maybe she's already expecting that breakup.. or maybe she is a daughter of a fortune-teller :lol3:[/quote] Hahahaha she predicts rather well sometimes, infairness :lol2: but yeah it was expected. But I needed to give her that explanation because I never gave that to my exes. And she used to be a friend (which can be related to @michiiella's and @chaw's answers [quote=michiiella;#373413;1383554238]Really? What was her reaction at that time? Was she shouting at you or was she indifferent?[/quote] Yeah.. But nahh, she's not the kind that shouts when she's upset. She wasn't indifferent, either. Her reaction was nowhere near the [i]I don't care[/i] attitude. It turned out her reason for it was answered by pareng @rph :lol2: [quote=rph;#373438;1383570562]I've been on that situation for so many times. For me, a break up is the end of everything, since on my part, it was them who always initiated the break up so once they said that "Raph, let's call it quits..this isn't not working anymore". That's my cue to exit, they were trying to explain further but I refused to listen because it hurts me more and I already understand that they were not happy anymore so I let them go right away. [i]Ganun ako kadali kausap.[/i]:lol3:[/quote] :lol3: she actually said something like that. It was something like [i]Gusto mo magbreak na tayo, okay tapos.[/i] I appreciate that part where you know when to let go. But, bro, wouldn't [i]not[/i] knowing the real reason behind it hurt more? I'm genuinely curious about that. Because if I were in your shoes, I'd lose my mind every night thinking about why she broke up with me :lol3::lol3::lol3: [quote=rph;#373438;1383570562]But that's too far from reality, there are people who just don't care to give you an ending, there are people who don't want to be the reason of the ending and there are people who don't want to be tagged as the "bad guy" in the relationship that's why they chose to leave you hanging in the midair.[/quote] :yes2: It's undeniable, it's hard to face someone in a confrontation when you're the one who brought it up in the first place. Some guys find it easier to escape the problem than deal with it. Besides, whether or not the guy explains, it nearly always comes to a conclusion that he's the "bad guy" when he's the one who wanted to break up :lol3::lol2:
mrjpc07
 Hyper !
mrjpc07's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
Topic InitiatorFTalkers ♥♥ Me!

[quote=michiiella;#373413;1383554238]@t: yes it's necessary especially if you were friends before you got together. There are cases where despite breaking off, couples still remained as friends.[/quote] I guess it depends on how deep your "relationship/connection" was.. Yeah sometimes they say "Can we just be friends?" to each other but as long as they're together they always remember what they used to be.. in my opinion. :shrug: [quote=Tres;#373537;1383618837]Hahahaha she predicts rather well sometimes, infairness :lol2: but yeah it was expected. But I needed to give her that explanation because I never gave that to my exes. And she used to be a friend[/quote] I'm lucky that all my exes are not a friend of mine.. :lol3: And it's difficult for me to befriend with them.. :no3: It's not that I'm bitter but it was supposed to happen.. after all they became part of my life, I made them a part of my life.. but they're the one who left. :( :lol3: @T: For me, every breakups from any relationship (pure love or just fling) needs a proper explanation before parting away. If they listen then it's good, but if they don't atleast you delivered your speech :lol3: I mean you have no regrets or whatsoever.. :)

Last edited by mrjpc07 (2013-11-04 22:11:37)

aicah
 c h i T A E
aicah's display avatar
» FTalkManiac
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
GANDA BABAE
Rated SPG

Yes closure is important but not necessary. [i]Ano daw?[/i] lol :lol2: I mean it depends on the situation of your relationship and the reason of your breakup. In my past relationships I'm the one who pursued for breakup (this is most of the time only but not always. K?) :xixi: But now, in my recent relationship t'was only a week ago, I was the one who's left in dust and it hurts like hell! :strikeback: Sad to admit that when I was about to get serious karma bounces back. :shrug: So closure is important for some peace of mind at least. :dumb:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

I am guilty of ending some of my rel with guys without any proper closure. Gomen! Buuuuut it also happened to me and yes, it's frustrating, esp. when I rly liked the guy but meh, life is too short so it's better if we don't dwell on it too much.
theblottedmystery
 Jhade Concepcion
theblottedmystery's display avatar
» FTalker
~ my sweetest downfall
Rated SPG
Manila
2014-03-14
Website

It is totally necessary.