Khaleesi
bubblegum's display avatar
» FTalkFreak
FTalk Level: zero
FTalkers ♥♥ Me!Topic Initiator
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

Re: What is you Religion/ Religious Belief?

[quote=aya;#337463;1372053926]Yes, yes. Please argue over me. loljk.[/quote] Religion is a sensitive topic. I will not indulge in arguments over this. I will respect everyone's point of view and i'm not gonna change em but if there's a question or a clarification or someone needs somebody else's idea, i'll be glad to answer so long as it's interesting enough to be answered. :lol2: And i'm not gonna force my opinion on other people.
Tres
 Alex III
Tres's display avatar
» Keeper of the Vows
Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
I'm a punk ass bitch
Se7en Deadly Sins

[quote=bubblegum;#337472;1372061293]Religion is a sensitive topic. I will not indulge in arguments over this. I will respect everyone's point of view and i'm not gonna change em but if there's a question or a clarification or someone needs somebody else's idea, i'll be glad to answer so long as it's interesting enough to be answered. And i'm not gonna force my opinion on other people.[/quote] Hehe yeah it's your opinion and it's really considerate of you that you didn't shove your opinion down anyone's throats (remember that time we talked about religion? I still respect your beliefs and the way you tried to understand my own religious views). But I don't think it's necessary to tell someone that there's something wrong with them, especially when it comes to religion, which this thread has for a topic. Sure she asked if there was something wrong with her, but what if it was rhetoric? Some people believe that we evolved from apes. Now would you say there's something wrong with them just because they don't believe that we're descendants of Adam and Eve? Some people are atheists, would you say there's something wrong with them just because they find it hard to believe in someone they haven't seen or whose presence they never felt? That's like saying someone has a bad music taste just because they don't listen to the same bands as you do. That is all, thank you. [size=1]dont take this personally okay Bel? :lol3:[/size]
Pawws
 wethebipolars
Pawws's display avatar
» FTalkElite
ConversationalistSome FTalkers ♥ My Threads!Some FTalkers ♥ Me!
Se7en Deadly Sins
Manila

[b][/b]^Well said, Alex. :thumbsup:

Last edited by Pawws (2013-06-24 17:13:45)

Principe Azheef
 ♕Zheefy Harmonia Mysteri…
Principe Azheef's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
Decent Thread StarterFTalkers ♥♥ Me!
✌...?!✌
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
♖Reverse World ♖

Whutever decisions you make...you do it with your heart by not gettin influence or force by anythin! :lol3:

Last edited by Principe Azheef (2013-06-24 10:52:29)

bubblegum
 Khaleesi
» FTalkFreak
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

" [quote=Tres;#337473;1372064551][quote=bubblegum;#337472;1372061293]Religion is a sensitive topic. I will not indulge in arguments over this. I will respect everyone's point of view and i'm not gonna change em but if there's a question or a clarification or someone needs somebody else's idea, i'll be glad to answer so long as it's interesting enough to be answered. And i'm not gonna force my opinion on other people.[/quote] Hehe yeah it's your opinion and it's really considerate of you that you didn't shove your opinion down anyone's throats (remember that time we talked about religion? I still respect your beliefs and the way you tried to understand my own religious views). But I don't think it's necessary to tell someone that there's something wrong with them, especially when it comes to religion, which this thread has for a topic. Sure she asked if there was something wrong with her, but what if it was rhetoric? Some people believe that we evolved from apes. Now would you say there's something wrong with them just because they don't believe that we're descendants of Adam and Eve? Some people are atheists, would you say there's something wrong with them just because they find it hard to believe in someone they haven't seen or whose presence they never felt? That's like saying someone has a bad music taste just because they don't listen to the same bands as you do. That is all, thank you. [size=1]dont take this personally okay Bel? :lol3:[/size][/quote] She asked a question and I merely answered. Now, there aretwosidesofevery coin. If you merely want to accept the things you want tohear then it isupto you. Don't go around asking for people's opinion if you do not want to consider other prospects. Also, I'm nottaking this personally either ok? And typoerrors here are caused by my awkward fingers which aren't used to touchscreen keyboard Whether it was rgetoric or not, I just want to express my views. If my opinion is unwanted, then peace, amen.
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
» The Malevolent Queen of Hearts ♔
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=bubblegum;#337575;1372124332]Don't go around asking for people's opinion if you do not want to consider other prospects[/quote] [quote=bubblegum;#337575;1372124332]If my opinion is unwanted, then peace, amen.[/quote] No, I wanna hear your opinion. Why do you think there's sth wrong with me?
bubblegum
 Khaleesi
» FTalkFreak
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

Do you believe in the Holy Bible? Because my answer will be based on the Scripture. It is hard to talk or explain something which has no solid evidence (faith ) to someone who neither acknowledges nor disregards the existence of God (you being agnostic, if i remember correctly)
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=bubblegum;#337965;1372209604]Do you believe in the Holy Bible? Because my answer will be based on the Scripture.[/quote] Why do you believe in the Holy Bible? [quote=bubblegum;#337965;1372209604]It is hard to talk or explain something which has no solid evidence (faith ) to someone who neither acknowledges nor disregards the existence of God (you being agnostic, if i remember correctly)[/quote] Why would that be? Isn't it harder if you try to explain your beliefs to an atheist instead of someone who's agnostic who is often seen as someone who's just "indecisive"? Even Thomas, doubted Jesus Christ's resurrection and required proof before he believed.
anesforsaken
 anes
anesforsaken's display avatar
» FTalkAgent
SSDD
homeless
Website

[quote=aya;#335699;1371317853]Why do people believe in God?[/quote] cause we are hopeless :penguin: [quote=aya;#338130;1372320488]Why do you believe in the Holy Bible?[/quote] because Israel

Last edited by anesforsaken (2013-06-27 06:12:36)

chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

Ooooh!!! I love this threadddd! :lol3: Saw this while browsing ftalk using my phone. I had so many things to say that I had to switch to the laptop to type all of it :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: I admit I am biased with my opinions (we are all biased anyway) but I'll [b]try [/b]answering some of the questions :um: because, well, it's just really interesting to me hahaha but I'll continue to read everybody's responses on this thread. I believe the Bible is true because it changed me (the only SOLID evidence that I can tell you about) and it is still changing parts of me that are unlawful (by that I mean, the laws according to the Bible). It changed who I am completely. I struggle to read the Bible every night, sometimes I just fall asleep honestly, but I try, and I learn. But even without that Biblical knowledge, I'm still gonna speak from [b]my experience[/b]. I understand that it is hard to explain why this is true because we only gain knowledge from something when we have experienced it OURSELVES. But that should not hinder us from explaining anyways especially if one is very curious about it. :) This is actually a great opportunity to share some good and juicy stuff about the Christian faith. :eh: It's always good to clear up generalities and misconceptions so that we're all well-informed. Regarding the discussion about the difference of Catholicism and Christianity (or "Protestants" in the American context) [spoiler]I used to be a Catholic and now a Christian convert. I don't know the BLACK-AND-WHITE difference between the two. I know is that although both believe in the same faith (Jesus is Lord and Savior), the type of reading material these two denominations use is different. I'm a non-denominational Christian, which i think means that I only follow the Bible. I learned from my pastors that the Catholic Bibles are different (Christian Bible plus more books in the Old Testament; Machabees, Sirach, etc). This goes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY back when the churches "canonized" the Bible. What my youth pastor said is that Roman Catholic also uses the book of Machabees. I learned that this is a historical book that contains events paralleled to the Bible. So in return, they also follow the Machabees. For example. In this book you'll find the purgatory, but this is not written in the Bible. But because the Roman Catholic faith utilize the Machabees as an evidence of the Bible, they also believe that the purgatory must be too (Chain of logic: if a = b, and c = b, then a must be = c). This is what I've learned, but I haven't found a specific scripture for this specific information in the Bible I use. Also there are also events for penitential activities (mandarame) in the Catholic faith, which I no longer follow as a non-denominational Christian. Catholics believe that if they go through what Jesus went through on that cross, their sins will be forgiven. However, in the Bible it clearly says "So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed." (John 8:36) That's why God sent His son Jesus to take all of our unpunished sin to be [b]justified[/b] in front of God. In my opinion (gonna go overly-biased here), what's the point of all the blood that Jesus shed on that cross if you're just gonna repeat it yourself? The feeling would not be the same since at the end of the day, humans are still alive when Jesus on the cross stayed on the cross and actually died. This is not a lot, but these are some of the differences between the beliefs that I learned and observed over the years. Also, I agree with Paw, but I wouldn't say that it is more fun in the Christian church. I would say that I felt more at home in a Christian church because I felt like I belonged in the family (I actually know the people!). God brought me there when my family was in chaos (financial problems occurred). Right now I'd say that I enjoy being at church because everybody is comforting me (not just the priest/pastor), even the elders there (the titas and titos) are helping me whenever I have problems with my parents (they don't recognize my beliefs and we used to have a LOTTT of debates, told them I'm done and that I need to study the Bible more since back then I was just a "newly-baptized" Christian). The culture here in America for Catholic churches is different, priests interact more with the church's members. But at my church, the pastor is a friend. I'm not saying that Non-denominational Christianity is better than Catholicism. No no no. I'm just speaking from MY OWN experience.[/spoiler] [quote=aya;#335819;1371364272]Why can't I be like them? Why can't I place my faith and trust to God? Why do I doubt so much?[/quote] [quote=aya;#335860;1371380369]Is there something wrong with me?[/quote] [spoiler]I'll put myself in your shoes. This is funny because I asked these same questions to myself and God a few months ago! All Christians have doubts, we all have doubts in our faith. My atheist friend told me that the more people gain knowledge, the less people hold on to their beliefs. For me, this struck me really hard because I thought it was true. This year I took a class about gaining true knowledge. There I learned how to know if something is true (logic fallacies, truth tests, knowledge issues, etc.). One way I knew my faith is true is because of the truth test called "Pragmatic." I know my faith is true because I felt it, and it comforted me. Other than that, other truth tests sought for logical explanations and scientific evidence. I began searching more and more about this and I even got more confused. Where do I even begin if God is actually true? Why would God take the lives of the innocent children dying in the terrorist war? Why? I just could not find an answer. Few months ago, I became so busy that I stopped attending church-related events. And now I realize this is what distanced me from God. I did not like this empty feeling but I could not talk about it. I was afraid my church will judge me just because I suddenly just lost track of where I am in my faith. I did not want to live with no beliefs. Just one night and I laid all of my questions to Him for the first time, and just started crying because my mind was so confused yet I don't want to get to the point where I become an atheist. I've been seeking for an answer all over the internet but I did not ask God directly through prayer or even in His word. My questions were left unanswered that night but it prompted me to pick up that dust-filled Bible and open it, and look for answers, after all the Bible is the foundation of the Christian faith. I don't think it's wrong to have doubts, because even [i]I[/i] have it. But the only reason (as I see it) that God allowed me to doubt is so that my faith will be strengthened (searching for answers in the Bible). Even in the Bible there are verses where you can see doubt: Aside from Thomas, there's Acts 17:11 [i]Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and [b]examined the Scriptures[/b] every day [b]to see if what Paul said was [u]true.[/u][/b] (Acts 17:11)[/i] Funny thought: The other day I was just thinking that what if the Bible was just written by someone who was just really, really bored. But man, if I'm bored myself and I love writing, why would I write a book with a bajillion of pages for the rest of my life? :lol: I know for a fact that the best way to know God, and to get closer to God, is to read His word. :) After all: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the [b]Word was God[/b]. (John 1:1)[/spoiler] [quote=aya;#336211;1371534758]and would God forgive you if you do not choose to believe in Him?[/quote] [spoiler]I know so many people who were atheists before. God is patient, and in the right time He came to them and convicted them. I still have friends who do not believe in God, but I don't tell them "OH YOU'RE GOING TO HELL BECAUSE YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD." Honestly, I don't even know why Christians do that to unbelievers. -_______- So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:36) Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance? (Romans 2:4) And most importantly, For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39) LOVE THIS VERSE THO hehe God is really patient. I've attended youth for Christ (I think that's the name of the organization) events a lot of times when I was still in the PH, but even if I learned about God, my heart was not changed and the fact that His son died just to save me did not sink in to my heart. It was not until I got here in the United States where I actually became hopeless and lonely (I was dead homesick) that I finally decided to have a relationship with Him. I think the very important thing is if you really are seeking for answers, having a church is the very first thing to do. A filipino guy at a local ice cream store found my mom and told us [i]Uy, pilipino kayo diba? Punta kayo sa church namin![/i] :lol::lol::lol:We just tried to go once or twice or thrice a month, and at first we were always disagreeing with their beliefs, but now all of us siblings are committed to Christ. And we're all praying (not forcing) for our parents to come to Christ, too.[/spoiler] STILL LOVE THIS THREAD THO :lol3:
Pawws
 wethebipolars
Pawws's display avatar
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins
Manila

^GOSH CHAW I LURV AND MISS YOU. :lol: Kay, sorry this is completely ot. :lol3:
Principe Azheef
 ♕Zheefy Harmonia Mysteri…
Principe Azheef's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
✌...?!✌
SHADOW TEAM FU-Tianz
♖Reverse World ♖

[quote=anesforsaken;#338138;1372323642]cause we are hopeless :penguin:[/quote] In some particular ways! :lol3:

Last edited by Principe Azheef (2013-06-27 19:39:20)

bubblegum
 Khaleesi
» FTalkFreak
Desolation
Nightosphere
2021-07-08

[quote=aya;#338130;1372320488][quote=bubblegum;#337965;1372209604]Do you believe in the Holy Bible? Because my answer will be based on the Scripture.[/quote] Why do you believe in the Holy Bible? -John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Therefore not believing in the Holy Bible is the same as not believing in God. [quote=bubblegum;#337965;1372209604]It is hard to talk or explain something which has no solid evidence (faith ) to someone who neither acknowledges nor disregards the existence of God (you being agnostic, if i remember correctly)[/quote] Why would that be? Isn't it harder if you try to explain your beliefs to an atheist instead of someone who's agnostic who is often seen as someone who's just "indecisive"? Even Thomas, doubted Jesus Christ's resurrection and required proof before he believed.[/quote] Explaining my belief to an atheist almost always lead to argument, something I avoid greatly. Atheists use the mind to understand things around us but I use my mind and also my heart in meditating the Bible because knowing is not enough, there should be a transformation upon receiving the Word of God. I suggest you read Romans1:18-32 Verse 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them because God has made it plain for them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities- his eternal power and divine nature- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. Verse 21. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to Him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearrts were darkened. So there's no excuse for people to not acknowledge God's existence since you yourself is the proof as well as everything around us.
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=bramzero;#337367;1371919039]Going to a mountain requires more effort and I want to do that maybe with an experienced hiking partner or in a group. :lol3:[/quote] It's like you're trying to discourage me from going. Nuuu don't take aya she gets tired rly fast, she'll just be a burden. HAHAHAHAHAHA. :lol3: [quote=bramzero;#337367;1371919039]The ultimate creator? Or some aliens from another galaxy who created us in their labs? I don't believe in unproven theories and speculation. :lol2:[/quote] That's a NO then. :lol2: [quote=chaw;#338229;1372357825]My atheist friend told me that the more people gain knowledge, the less people hold on to their beliefs. For me, this struck me really hard because I thought it was true.[/quote] Damn right. [quote=chaw;#338229;1372357825]I know for a fact that the best way to know God, and to get closer to God, is to read His word.[/quote] I tried that before but His words are so cryptic, it made me more confused. :lol2: [quote=chaw;#338229;1372357825]A filipino guy at a local ice cream store found my mom and told us Uy, pilipino kayo diba? Punta kayo sa church namin! :lol::lol::lol:We just tried to go once or twice or thrice a month, and at first we were always disagreeing with their beliefs, but now all of us siblings are committed to Christ.[/quote] I see. Thanks for sharing. I read everything you posted. It kinda helped me. BTW, Is it necessary to go to church every Sunday? [quote=bubblegum;#338334;1372409763]Explaining my belief to an atheist almost always lead to argument, something I avoid greatly. Atheists use the mind to understand things around us but I use my mind and also my heart in meditating the Bible because knowing is not enough, there should be a transformation upon receiving the Word of God. I suggest you read Romans1:18-32 Verse 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them because God has made it plain for them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities- his eternal power and divine nature- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. Verse 21. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to Him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearrts were darkened. So there's no excuse for people to not acknowledge God's existence since you yourself is the proof as well as everything around us.[/quote] Now I understand why it's pointless for an atheist or an agnostic theist like me to talk to you. Your answers are straightforward and there is no room for doubt.

Last edited by aya (2013-06-30 07:28:27)

chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

Sorry for all the typos hahahha im using my phone D: Pawwww HUHUHU IVE MISSED YOU TOO HAHAHHAHA I WUV YOUUU <3 :lol3: [quote=aya;#338676;1372591122]Damn right. [quote=chaw;#338229;1372357825]I know for a fact that the best way to know God, and to get closer to God, is to read His word.[/quote] I tried that before but His words are so cryptic, it made me more confused. :lol2: I see. Thanks for sharing. I read everything you posted. It kinda helped me. BTW, Is it necessary to go to church every Sunday?[/quote] [spoiler]Hahahah yeah it's really hard to understand and even I, sometimes I read a chapter and read it several times I would still not get. But I just ask God to give me the meaning and in the right time He let me see what He was trying to say in that specific chapter. When I was a new Christian I started reading John. Matthew luke john and mark are all the same except written wih different authors but i don't know, pastors recommend John for everyone who wants to know the basics about Christ. :) And I think the reason why you say it's cryptic is because of the version :lol: Hahaha yeah if you try to read it in king james version, it'all poetic and hard to understand D; I read the New Intrrnational Version (NIV). It's just basic english. Psalms, Isaiah and proverbs and the more poetic books since they talk about the God, his greatness, prophecies, etc. I don't know the answer to that, really :( Because some people host "video" services I guess so ppl would just watch it. There are many ways to receive the word of God and i don't criticize the televised Sunday services. For me what's just really lacking is the fact that there is no gathering and fellowship of believers if I just watch a service at home. Bible says if two or three are gathered in my name, i will be in the midst of them. I go to church to hear the preachig of god's word, for the awesome fellowship (we have lunch at church :lol:) and also to attend the praise and worship ( where we just sing praises to the Lord). attending church also helps me because if i fail to read the bible the whole week, one way that God can talk to me is through the preaching and I can attest that it's true because when I was weak in my faith and my family was in chaos, God spoke to me through the Sunday word about strengthening o families. I didnt talk to my pastor abt preaching this topic, but he did. I don't think there's such thing as coincidence, I believe everything (i mean EVERYTHING) that has happened in our lives was all planned out by God. :) Glad I could help!![/spoiler]

Last edited by chaw (2013-06-30 10:12:51)

bobcbar
 Bob
bobcbar's display avatar
» Made in FTalk ♕
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!Everyone ♥♥♥ Me!Conversationalist
My Daughters
2021-04-28

Protestant, my wife and kids are Catholic
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=chaw;#338751;1372601444]And I think the reason why you say it's cryptic is because of the version :lol: Hahaha yeah if you try to read it in king james version, it'all poetic and hard to understand D; I read the New Intrrnational Version (NIV). It's just basic english.[/quote] Ahahaha! Is that so? I guess you're right. [quote=chaw;#338751;1372601444]I don't think there's such thing as coincidence, I believe everything (i mean EVERYTHING) that has happened in our lives was all planned out by God. :)[/quote] So what does it mean if say for example, you're terminally ill, what would that teach you? [quote=chaw;#338751;1372601444]one way that God can talk to me is through the preaching and I can attest that it's true because when I was weak in my faith and my family was in chaos, God spoke to me through the Sunday word about strengthening o families.[/quote] And about preaching, listening to the Homily. It's one of the reasons why I don't go to church. I feel like I adi know what the priest has to say and it feels repetitive and I feel like I don't need reminding? HAHAHAHAHA. :lol3:
chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

[quote=aya;#338955;1372678601]So what does it mean if say for example, you're terminally ill, what would that teach you? --- And about preaching, listening to the Homily. It's one of the reasons why I don't go to church. I feel like I adi know what the priest has to say and it feels repetitive and I feel like I don't need reminding? HAHAHAHAHA. :lol3:[/quote] [spoiler]So according to Google, Terminal illness is what the doctors call it when one is diagnosed with a sickness that cannot be cured and that patient is expected to die in less than a year. I haven't met anybody who was diagnosed with such thing but ive met people who had near-to-death situations. One of our Pastors had a 2-inch tumor in his brain. He doesnt have any medical insurance, and the bills for surgery is VERY expensive (thousands of dollars). the tumor was touching the nerve that is responsible for his vision so surgery must be done before it's too late. They performed the surgery and he survived, the doctors told him the probability of having a successful surgery is very very small, so they call him "lucky." (But my pastor says he's "blessed") After that the hospital just paid the bills for my pastor and he didnt have to pay a single dime. What he said was that during this time he felt so weak, and even after surgery he could not move. people had to do things for him. But when we are weak, we should not forget that our God is great and even greater than our situations. Human strength is bound to fail but God's strength even extends the scale. When we're sick, this is meant to show that we are weak and God is strong. (I must decrease and He must increase John 3:30). Because when we're at our weakest point, don't we doubt God? His existence? His power? Job (man from old testament) was sinless so God rewarded him so many things. his faith in God was strong. So Satan said to God "what if i take away everything from him? I don't think he's still gonna praise you." God said, "go ahead." and so job's children died, Job's wife cursed God and even told Job "Why do you still believe God?! Curse God and die!" But Job didnt. He lost his family, his possessions of land, just basically everything. Even his friends didnt understand why bad things happened to him. Job kept complaining to God and finally God answered him in the storm (Job 38-41 four whole chapters basically saying that Job isn't God, and cannot be like God). Job was humbled, and sat on the ashes to say he is sorry. in the end, God gave Job more than he had lost. He learned that he could trust God whatever happened, and his friends learned not to think someone had just sinned because bad things happened to that person. thorough sicknesses, God is teaching us to be humble, to recognize He is a powerful God and that we should put our trust in Him. God has a purpose. According to my pastor's story, God let him go through such a trial so that he can have his physical rest at the hospital (he's been pastoring for 7 straight years in our church), and so that he can share how wonderful God moved in his life during this time. :) I almost forgot what Homily meant :swt: so I think...you're talking about the Catholic church right? when i was a catholic, i heard the same preaching every sunday or two at church :lol2: word for word i just knew what theyverte gonna say. I'm not even gonna deny that hahahaha. I guess they have a script hahaha jk :lol2: I don't know why they repeat it. but at the church I go to now, preachers have a set of topics they are meant to discuss every sunday. I heard a preaching about spiritual gifts, and a year later i heard it again (so i guess it's not that drastic) hahahaha. However often times preachers don't follow this format because during the week when they're studying the Word, there are times of revelation where God speaks to them through another Scripture. And when we're just so amazed that God is revealing to us what it actually means, we just can't help but to share it (This feeling is described in Job 32:17-20 I too will have my say; I too will tell what I know. For I am full of words, and the spirit within me compels me; inside I am like bottled-up wine, like new wineskins ready to burst. I must speak and find relief; I must open my lips and reply. (Whenever I have a revelation, I usually write it down on my journal) When God does this to the pastors, it serves a purpose because some members at the church might need THAT specific topic to encourage and strengthen them. The Bible was written thousands of years ago but even until now it still speaks to us. I think it's really amazing. :)[/spoiler] I'm thankful for spoilers :lol2:
aya
 Aya Shirayuki
aya's display avatar
I am Sloth.
Se7en Deadly Sins
2022-12-21

[quote=chaw;#339006;1372686491]Job (man from old testament) was sinless so God rewarded him so many things. his faith in God was strong. So Satan said to God "what if i take away everything from him? I don't think he's still gonna praise you." God said, "go ahead." and so job's children died, Job's wife cursed God and even told Job "Why do you still believe God?! Curse God and die!" But Job didnt. He lost his family, his possessions of land, just basically everything. Even his friends didnt understand why bad things happened to him. Job kept complaining to God and finally God answered him in the storm (Job 38-41 four whole chapters basically saying that Job isn't God, and cannot be like God). Job was humbled, and sat on the ashes to say he is sorry. in the end, God gave Job more than he had lost. He learned that he could trust God whatever happened, and his friends learned not to think someone had just sinned because bad things happened to that person.[/quote] But what about the children who died? Were they just meant to die for the sake of testing Job's faith? Coz my mom died from cancer and I still don't understand why God did that. I know death is inevitable for everyone but still, I don't see the purpose of God taking her so soon (don't feel troubled, I'm okay). If it was meant to test her faith then what's the point if she did put her trust in God but still died in the end? [quote=chaw;#339006;1372686491]I almost forgot what Homily meant :swt: so I think...you're talking about the Catholic church right? when i was a catholic, i heard the same preaching every sunday or two at church :lol2: word for word i just knew what theyverte gonna say. I'm not even gonna deny that hahahaha. I guess they have a script hahaha jk :lol2:[/quote] Yes. :lol2: It's when the priest/reader quote parables/gospel etc. and then discusses it with everyone and then elaborates it further by citing examples, telling stories (maybe based from his own experience) and then explaining the "moral lesson" of the story. Plus the questions in my RE classes (Religious Education) when I was in gradeschool and highschool were so ridiculous. Like what would you do if you have extra money are you going to spend it on new clothes or are you going to give it to homeless children? Like wtf? Of course I'd spend it on new clothes but I'd answer the latter coz that's the obvious answer. It's so retarded if you ask me. HAHAHAHAHAHA. loljk. Ok. I sounded like a bad person. [quote=chaw;#339006;1372686491]I too will have my say; I too will tell what I know. For I am full of words, and the spirit within me compels me[/quote] A bit OT but when I read the word "compel", I can see the Exorcist flashing on my mind. [i]The power of Christ compels you![/i] Scary shit. :lol2: [quote=chaw;#339006;1372686491](Whenever I have a revelation, I usually write it down on my journal) When God does this to the pastors, it serves a purpose because some members at the church might need THAT specific topic to encourage and strengthen them. The Bible was written thousands of years ago but even until now it still speaks to us. I think it's really amazing. :)[/quote] You know, talking to you seemed like I'd want to go to your church. But I'm here and you're there so... :lol3:

Last edited by aya (2013-07-01 13:31:24)

chaw
» FTalkElite
Se7en Deadly Sins

[spoiler]I'll just say that I don't really know the EXACT answer to that question so that i don't give you any wrong information abt God and the Bible. I don't fully understand what God's will is for each and everyone. for those who died all I can see is another situation from the Bible. Stephen from the book of Acts was stoned because of his faith, he was persecuted. When the members of the Sanhedrin heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him. But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices,[b] they all rushed at him, dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. [/b]Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul. While they were stoning him, Stephen [b]prayed, “Lord Jesus, [i]receive my spirit[/i].”[/b] Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, [i]he fell asleep.[/i] He died sleeping, which meant that he had a peaceful death, and even asked God's forgiveness for the people who were persecuting him because of his faith. Your mother held on to her faith until she died, and I believe that she is in a better place now. I believe there is life after death, and heaven (no suffering and no pain) is where she is now. The testing of faith was for Job, the one who lost everything. At this point of his life he said, "The lord gives and the lord takes away. Praise the Lord!" Meaning that he will still praise the Lord no matter what happens. His children died, but in the end God poured out His goodness in his life, he lived a long life, and had even more children after his suffering. God gave him children and He took them away, but God did even more mighty things to Job. Just like the tita i know, she had two miscarriages, I don't know the exact feeling for that, but it mut have hurt a whole lot and must have hurt her relationship with God. But then God fulfilled His promise to her and blessed her another two healthy children who I always talk to at church. Just like Hannah, the barren woman who cried so much in front of God and asked Him to give her a child and she promised God to dedicate that child to God. And then God gave her Samuel. omg HAHAHAHAHSHA Don't worry I completely understand HAHAHAHAHAHA from what I've observed the priest always reads verses from the Gospel (matthew mark luke and john). I don't know why they limit their preaching to these four books but that's just me wondering. HAHAHAHHA lmao I'd react the same way too! HAHAHAHHA I guess in the philippines te catholic church is still very traditional and strict when teaching abt the religion. Because growing up I just learned that if i sin i will be punished. instilling fear only distanced me more from God :/ But those kind of questions should not be presented to people in that manner but as a reminder that we have to think of others too. Because God seeks for cheerful givers not those who give just because they have to. :swt: HAHAHHAHA Okay that's a bit dramatic :lol2: I think it's sad how the media respresents the Christian faith and they try to distort it. I used to watch Supernatural and then they started mentioning things in the Bible that are not even true so I stopped watching it. People who don't know abt the Bible and try to watch shows like these usually get misconceptions abt Christianity D; Get a plane ticket and come!!! :lol3: Hahhaha True. It's hard to find the right church. In every church there will always be things that we wouldn't like. But that's why they call it "church-hopping," :lol3: Hopefully you find one though![/spoiler]

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 20:52

[ 8 queries - 0.054 second ]
Privacy Policy